Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s exactly what I am thinking now. Before, I was more of the “holding onto that 2nd charge” before all of this other information came out, and Henry put the timeline together . All of it together really paints a better picture for me, of course that picture can change at any moment-lol. Praying everyday for that little boy and the life he endured- I wish I had a glimmer of hope inside that still authentically believed he was still with us here on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Key BDn1 = baby daddy number 1.
I wish I had that glimmer as well. However , in the last year IMO it appears both JH and EG , have the same declining appearance to them. Emily's reported behaviors make her sound biopolar. Not knowing any of the people it is really hard to guess at what they will do or say ..or react .

I saw that the allegations from BDn1 were issued just before the interview with the news station happened. Right after she became aware of them and before the public was aware. So if we apply the allegations BDN1 makes in the report to what Emily says about her and Lucas to her own children the words she uses that make us think she is being disrespectful to Lucas mom , are really in defence of what BDN1 says. well the flip thought is interesting. All opinion .

I would have a hard time believing that the same kids (whoever they were) were continuously so rough with him that they continuously made such egregious bruises. An accident, once? Sure. But on a regular basis? No way. Kids are inherently kind and don’t want to injure one another.

That being said, IF that were the case somehow, I’d still consider it negligence on the parent’s part for allowing it to continuously happen.

Yes, I am not believing they were responsible for all of those injuries we saw. I am just wondering if the family dynamic was such that poor sweet Lucas was the scape goat, and even the cousins and step-sibs might fall into the same dynamic, playing too rough, etc.

I do agree it would be negligence on the parent's part, especially if it is continuously happening.

That picture of the swollen nose and facial abrasions really disturbs me. And if he really did fall face first out of a truck, then that is parental negligence too. That should not happen.

L was last seen, for sure, on the 11th.

I wonder who the small child was that they saw with EG on the 15th? The neighbor didn't get an introduction.

21st charged for the 16th
Is it possible that the cameras captured her daughter, left inside the vehicle, in the parking lot? She admits to this, and leaving L at home, alone (only L was possibly already gone).

Do we know what dates his father was in town and when L missed school? He could have missed to visit with his Dad, and then got strep. Strep can really drag some kids down, especially if not caught quickly.

That is odd to me. I’m very active in an online stepparent community, with members from around the country (as well as some global members) and I’ve never heard of such an arrangement. Ever. It’s actually a huge no no IME to not have a custody order with spelled out guidelines and visitation/holiday time. Let alone having it so that the custodial parent, who is away from home for months at a time, holds the power to decide when the non custodial parent can see the child. Very odd to me. JMO

I've been following along quietly as this is breaking my heart as I am a step parent to now grown boys. But I felt I needed to respond to this. When my children's father received custody of my step babies (they were 1&2 yrs old), he was given the right to allow or refuse their bio Mom contact. We gave her open access and only once did she see them in 12 yrs.
Currently, the oldest has a little girl of his own that his ex-wife has also been given that same right and my nephew has that right with his son. So to me, this isn't as uncommon as people think it is.
I hate that these cases where a "step parent" is involved because I know so many that are so in love with their step kids that you'd think the child was biologically theirs. My current husband is one of these people (my children's father passed away when they were 15, 14, 12 & 8). He is the best Dad I could have ever hoped for them. Even to my step sons, although we don't really use that term...they are our children.

Yes, I am not believing they were responsible for all of those injuries we saw. I am just wondering if the family dynamic was such that poor sweet Lucas was the scape goat, and even the cousins and step-sibs might fall into the same dynamic, playing too rough, etc.

I do agree it would be negligence on the parent's part, especially if it is continuously happening.

That picture of the swollen nose and facial abrasions really disturbs me. And if he really did fall face first out of a truck, then that is parental negligence too. That should not happen.

I have fallen out of the back of a truck as a kid. . He is 5 . Letting your kid have an accident should not be a felony. Otherwise a lot of those funny kid falling accidents would have good parents in jail. Teaching your kid to ride a bike would be a crime. You know they are going to fall yet you still push and let go.

I've been following along quietly as this is breaking my heart as I am a step parent to now grown boys. But I felt I needed to respond to this. When my children's father received custody of my step babies (they were 1&2 yrs old), he was given the right to allow or refuse their bio Mom contact. We gave her open access and only once did she see them in 12 yrs.
Currently, the oldest has a little girl of his own that his ex-wife has also been given that same right and my nephew has that right with his son. So to me, this isn't as uncommon as people think it is.
I hate that these cases where a "step parent" is involved because I know so many that are so in love with their step kids that you'd think the child was biologically theirs. My current husband is one of these people (my children's father passed away when they were 15, 14, 12 & 8). He is the best Dad I could have ever hoped for them. Even to my step sons, although we don't really use that term...they are our children.

I totally understand and I feel sad when we have cases involving 'stepmonsters' too. My mother remarried when I was 8. My stepdad, who we gave a really hard time for the first few years, was the most wonderful, loving father. We were so blessed to have him for the next 50 years until he passed.

My grown kids still tear up when they think of their Papa. He was an amazing grandpa to them and he loved teaching them camping skills and basic life skills. He sacrificed for us , taking on a single mom with 3 unruly kids, and he didn't let us down.

Hi- I am now wondering if the 2nd child endangerment charge on Lucas wasn’t charged because they know he wasn’t there on the 16th in the evening when the violation of endangerment occurred. Where was she, and Lucas at 3:00 the 16th? My only other thought is the 11th (providing he wasn’t at school of course) As maybe she left the baby alone taking a nap on the 16th and ran to the store to grab some
Thing real quick- got caught on CCTV, they initially charged her with two counts thinking Lucas was there- and then found out something different when it was investigated. The 11th makes sense too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When did she usually get her boys?
Who knew she was doing drugs/drunk/endangering the 1 yr old on the 16th and how did they prove it???
Did she have her in the car without a car seat?
Wasn't it between the hours of 2 and 4?
Enquiring minds want to know!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The timing of all of this has me all confused. He claims the child showed marks on the 4th. Is there any proof of this? Did he make a report anywhere? Was JH arrested for it? And if not, why did he wait 3 weeks, until after she was arrested, to come forward with it? To help LE in their inquiries about JH, perhaps? I can see that happening: Det is interviewing him & asks if JH had ever hurt the kids, Dad says "well as a matter of fact, this thing happened a few weeks ago" and the Det advises/encourages him to file a report?

Pure speculation

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk
I think he made the report prior to Lucas disappearing.
It snowballed from there.
IMO.
I believe JH was in town the 4th.
When he left for Texas is the question we need answered!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have fallen out of the back of a truck as a kid. . He is 5 . Letting your kid have an accident should not be a felony. Otherwise a lot of those funny kid falling accidents would have good parents in jail. Teaching your kid to ride a bike would be a crime. You know they are going to fall yet you still push and let go.

I hear what you are saying. But riding a bike is an obvious danger, so you are going to put a helmet on them and keep them out of heavy traffic. Otherwise it is negligence.

I just don't understand how a 5 yr old falls face first out of a truck. Were there no adults present that could see the child leaning dangerously over the side? The kids should not be playing in a vehicle unattended, in my opinion. JMO

My court order has me having sole custody, joint guardianship with my ex. It gives him “reasonable access to the children as determined by custodial parent” it also gives me final say in all decisions pertaining to the children including medical and educational. I could leave my kids with my husband (their step dad) for months totally legally. It happens and it’s rare.

My ex however was abusive in every way to me - he also works in the mining industry and would be on Job sites for months at a time. He didn’t fight for more in court. My 5 kids were 2-7 at the time and he stood up in court and said “I can’t agree on any time to take them , I travel for work, they have to live with her but I need to pay the least amount of $ because I need to set up an apartment now”. I waived alimony - the judge gave me the kids, final say in everything,, they get to see their dad whatever I consider to be “reasonable access”. The judge Gave him all the debt from the marriage.

I single parented for 8 years - he’s still dodging child support when he can. absolutely my kids step dad would be the the one to say whether or not they go with their bio dad if I was away. Stepdad is the hands on parent. (Thiughbhe would basically go by what the kids wanted at this stage!) My ex isn’t involved much still and wasn’t at all for years and I don’t trust him with the kids for long even though youngests are 14.

Adding however - much as I love and trust my husband I would not leave my kids with him for an extended period of time! I feel it’s my responsibility to be there. The only time I’ve left my kids with my husband overnight was when I flew across country with my oldest to get her settled at college. It was too expensive to bring everyone.

I also would never leave my kids with someone who wasn’t allowed to have THEIR children or had allegations of abuse. So I do judge on that.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information
VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

I would very much like to discuss the actions, lack of actions, and behaviors of the adults in this case and the ways in which those things directly relate to or set the parameters into place for Lucas to become "another statistic" as it relates to this case:

Every key player/parent in this case has a lengthy history of really bad parenting; each one has either given their child away, had their children taken by the state, or were only allowed supervised visitation with them.
I think we hear of Dept of Child Services so often in these cases, that it's not only not surprising to hear of their prior involvement, but we sometimes forget how serious the situation had to be in order for that to occur.

The state doesn't get involved because you never signed little Billy and little Lucy up for T-ball or ballet, never took the time to read them a bedtime story even once, let the tv babysit them most of the time, or because you didn't practice their sight word flashcards for school nearly enough. The types of things that separate the extraordinary parents from the not-so-good ones aren't what prompts the state to get involved. The state being involved means you literally could not meet the BARE MINIMUM of parental responsibilities or expectations, which, are almost equal to what animal control would expect of a dog owner with the exception of schooling/an education; keep them fed, clean, housed, safe, healthy/provide medical care. That's it! When you can't meet those requirements for a child, you've failed miserably not only as a parent but as a human.

How many kids do some of these key players have and have all of said kids always been in their care? (Hint: the answer is no)

How many of them have had prior police involvement?

How many have volatile relationships or a history of choosing bad partners?

How many are active in their children's lives? How many work really far away from home a majority of the time or chose to move further away resulting in someone else caring for their children?

How many reported abuse? Was it only extended family members doing this? Why? How many are unable to at least entertain the idea that the allegations of abuse may be directly related to the disappearance of Lucas?

Lucas was clearly, not a priority of any of the adults, in my opinion. He did not grow up in a healthy environment where a child should thrive and flourish, feel loved, accepted and safe.

The adults actions and lack there of are shameful, in my opinion. Sadly, it's not surprising that this innocent, sweet child now has the Wichita Police / FBI / concerned local citizens looking for him.

ETA: Drugs. I forgot to add drug involvement/usage of the adult(s) to the above list. Did I forget anything else?

Yes there’s always two sides to a story. But it’s not typical for one parent to decide when the other parent can see the child. That’s why custody orders exist. So the custodial parent can’t refuse the noncustodial parent visits. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around a judge ordering such an arrangement.

You would think. Honestly I had a hard time with custody issues with my daughter because of her stepmom enforcing court orders to be a *****. . However right now I have costudy of 3 non related to me kids , bio sisters and I control every bit of visitation between the biofamily. Even suspervised . I told the judge they needed suspervision when visiting them and she left me in charge of that suspervision. Really it was one court date and she asked the parents if they were okay with me making /having all health and educational influence of the children they said yes One court date and I have 3 kids whos parents can only see them at my home. They have no legal grounds . I know the judge in my case made the correct choice. However the bioparents gave her the road to make the verdict she did. Thankfuly. However as someone who has also has fought the road to parental rights . Judges dont always make the right call. It is a tough job they do in JDR courts.

Agree. I've even fallen out of the truck bed as an adult (Ouch, it hurts more the older we get). Kids need to be allowed to be kids.

I hear what you are saying. But riding a bike is an obvious danger, so you are going to put a helmet on them and keep them out of heavy traffic. Otherwise it is negligence.

I just don't understand how a 5 yr old falls face first out of a truck. Were there no adults present that could see the child leaning dangerously over the side? The kids should not be playing in a vehicle unattended, in my opinion. JMO

I know you have a grandson turning 3 in june or july because our daughters had babies the same month. However he is not the only kid to watch , there is like 4 of them in the back of a truck . **** happens.

I am 100 pecent sure EG caused Lucas to die. I just hate when basic crap is turned into 'Only bad parents let their kids ....

Off topic: Social media comments are extra ridiculous tonight. I actually just googled “Arkensaw River” thinking that maybe that was actually the name (and spelling) of some local river that I know nothing about. Now I’m just ashamed of my browser history.

Yes, I agree. It's hard to believe so many people out there lack such basic skills yet have access to the internet. It's disheartening.

I know you have a grandson turning 3 in july because our daughters had babies the same month. I

As did I. My little dude will be 3 in July. Unbelievable! :wave:

It is so sad to me that all children are not cherished and loved like they should be. I know most of them survive anyway... but I just wish they ALL got to experience that.

I know you have a grandson turning 3 in july because our daughters had babies the same month. I

Yes, baby granddaughter, turning 3 end of May. Aren't they amazing? :baby:

She was going to have a 'Frozen' themed party, then changed it to a 'Minnie Mouse Party.' She just told me last night that she changed her party theme again. Now it is Dinosaurs, especially triceratops, party. LOL

I know you have a grandson turning 3 in june or july because our daughters had babies the same month. However he is not the only kid to watch , there is like 4 of them in the back of a truck . **** happens.

I am 100 pecent sure EG caused Lucas to die. I just hate when basic crap is turned into 'Only bad parents let their kids ....

My kids had plenty of bruises and cuts and scrapes. They played and played rough sometimes.

I never said that if a child gets hurt then the parent is 'bad.' If so we would all be bad parents. My little grand daughter has a deep scratch across her cheek right now. She just learned not to corner the Kitty Cat in the laundry room. Lesson learned.

But if Lucas was 'always' getting injuries from playing with older cousins, then he shouldn't have been playing with them, unsupervised in the back of a truck, in my opinion. Sorry if that seems judgmental. It just seems more like common sense to me. If it was a one time thing, then it would be understandable. But it seems like it was a terrible pattern that could have been prevented with some basic common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson