Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Knox, Aug 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

I may have been misunderstood or not clear. I think a woman in her right mind should be able to do as she pleases. Yes... (although I still say taking off for a long drive overnight is not safe.)

I don’t think a woman going somewhere for treatment should drive there alone, leave spontaneously or drive overnight. I hope and pray anyone vulnerable enough to say they are going for treatment has someone loving enough to come alongside them and say, “not alone- I’ll be right there with you.” That’s all I really meant. If it had been her sister with her, I’d have said the same thing- why did she let her drive alone-because to me someone who is vulnerable enough to seek treatment at a hospital, as was implied, should not be left alone.

2. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

What are we to make of that?

LBC's sermon preached by AC on June 21st was on communion, so I would assume they also physically observed it that day too o_O

3. diggndeeperstill

i had to look up what exactly it means. My understanding is that it is a full conversion to Catholicism.Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults - Wikipedia

4. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Yep, as I said not sure what to make of that. Maybe there's more than one Marilane Carter in Leawood?

5. diggndeeperstill

I don’t see strong odds for another Marilane Carter in a city of 31k.
    Leawood, Kansas - Wikipedia

6. Subiechik21

Subiechik21 Well-Known Member

To me, it looked like a nail scratch & seemed a little swollen from afar. Thank you for pointing that out, I am not a fan of watching him speak.......he is too cheerful for the situation at hand. I understand he has to be in his profession though.

7. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Find Marilane
    48m ·
    41 Action News - KSHB-TV helping us spread the word. Reporter McKenzie Marie sharing some really good ways + tips everyone can help find Marilane. ❤️
    Share. Pray. Hope. Look. #FindMarilaneIt has been one week since Marilane Carter left her Overland Park home for Birmingham, Alabama, and she has not been seen since.
    [​IMG]

KSHB.COM

Family, police ask for tips 1 week after Marilane Carter's disappearance

It has been one week since Marilane Carter left her Overland Park home for Birmingham, Alabama, and she has not been seen since.

8. diggndeeperstill

I happened upon a post/comment that Marilane made years ago to the memorial of her late fiancé. The comment was simply a YouTube link. At the YouTube link was a video promoting a memorial 5k for her fiance who died in Iraq and a video of her now husband speaking 10 years ago. I would suppose this is one of her YouTube channels.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Jn15v13

9. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

IF Marilane converted to Catholicism, wouldn't her husband be aware of that? Or is this initiation a private affair.
    And if she did, might she be going through a spiritual change, as in being called to service of some kind...are there still nunneries, orders?
    I know, unlikely, but...trying to look at options for voluntary disappearance.
    Just thinking aloud.....

10. diggndeeperstill

It was actually July 1, 2004.

edit—
    I realized I sounded terse. I totally agree though that this could put her in a funk. Also, really concerning how close her last seen was to there. They seemed deeply in love.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  11. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

For those who aren't aware, the rite of initiation for adults is a long (several months) process. It's not something you would just decide to do on a whim and it can happen by the next week. If this is the same Marilane, she would have started taking faith formation classes, attending masses, etc last fall at the earliest.

12. Flurries

Flurries Well-Known Member

No official Roman Catholic Order would accept a mother leaving her young children to join. Sometimes, older widows may join an Order, but not a mother with young children.

13. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

I don't think the MC that joined the RC church is the same woman that's missing.

jmo

14. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

This is really big step theologically. Without sleuthing family, is it possible that Marilane's family of origin Catholic & she is returning to that tradition? Was her late fiance Catholic? The RCIA does take time.

Pastor Carter must truly have his game-face on.

If you read that church bulletin completely, you'll notice a memorial Mass for Layne Mays as well:

KS - Layne Mays, 22, murdered by her brother, 27, Overland Park 14 Jan 2020

15. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

More from the article:
    Adam said his wife drove from Kansas to Birmingham many times. While he was in Memphis on Friday to assist with search efforts, he's now in Birmingham in hopes Marilane will show up.

“This is just a gut instinct," he said, "but I believe that she’s trying to get here and so I wanted to be here and be present to find her and take care of her."

16. Yemelyan

A lot of news articles are leading with the info that she is a 2008 graduate (with a master in theological studies) from Samford University's Beeson School of Divinity. If you look at this school info, it's a Protestant divinity college with focus on evangelical branches of the faith. 2008 is a long time ago but sheds light that her faith origins were probably also evangelical, not Catholic, in nature. IMO

17. gliving

gliving Bluebirds fly

From your link, I found a video Marilane made on May 5, 2020.

18. Yemelyan

This was my first instinct too but it's SUCH an unusual name. RCIA is a process only for adults so the person listed in the bulletin is not going to be, for example, a child who is otherwise not searchable through online sources like WhitePages. So if there's another adult Marilane Carter in the area, I'm thinking there should be records that can be found?

19. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

I honestly cannot tell you why, but his going to Birmingham bothers me. Just at a gut level. Where are the kids? They are going to be starting school soon so...

20. Yemelyan

Looks like the person whose channel this is chose a user name referring to the Bible verse John 15 verse 13 ("Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for a friend." )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.