Found Deceased KS - Marilane Carter, 36, Overland Park, enroute to Birmingham, 1 Aug, call from Memphis, 2 Aug 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking from my experience in SBC churches. Divorce is more accepted these days. Some churches are more strict on it than others. Our church has divorced/remarried deacons now. Others still strictly forbid it. In my life I've never known of divorced persons being removed from a church that I attend.

I'm still questioning her supposed conversion . Do we know 100% she actually converted it are we speculating? I don't see how she could've fulfilled the requirements for conversion in secret. I just can't see a Baptist ministers wife doing this knowing the risks it might put on his job, which is her family's livelihood.

I am a member of a Southern Baptist Church and divorce is frowned upon but not forbidden. At my church and under our Baptist Association, my husband could never be a deacon, as he married me, a divorcee. I'd imagine if he were called to be a pastor, he wouldn't be allowed to under the same grounds. (I don't exactly agree. Just my experience)

I know nothing about durable powers of attorney but the only thing I can think of is that they already had this in place prior to her disappearing. And the only explanation I can speculate is that this was the case because she had perhaps had health problems prior.

I'm wondering if she has either A. Sought in-patient mental health treatment before or even B. Disappeared before under similar circumstances/reasons, which were resolved?? And the DPOA was drawn up after these prior events by her consent.

I think both/either of these might help explain why LE isn't really operating as they usually do for missing persons. Just thoughts.

This a truly respectful question. What is the Southern Baptist Church's teachings on divorce? Is it allowed, frowned on or is there a sort of ex-communication involved?
Hi Rosiebones...Speaking from experience, there is no ex-communication, but it's frowned upon and depending on the circumstance one may not be able to be in a leadership position in the church. That said, it would be extremely uncommon for a Southern Baptist Preacher's wife to convert to Catholicism. She also attended Southern Baptist Seminary as well. Her apparent conversion to Catholocism on June 20 is an indicator that she was pursuing life changes apart from her husband. Additionally there is also a recent youtube of her stating she is wanting to change her career to become an educator. I have seen a lot of posts commenting about "scratches" on his face, however IMO scratches = lines. He appears to have a couple of sores on his face but I don't see any markings consistent with a typical scratch. My prayer and hope is she is safe and voluntarily missing. MOO

I agree. It is possible she was unhappy but her husband did not harm her/cause her to vanish, imo.
I just started following this yesterday and I’m trying to clarify something but can’t find it. It says she was last seen leaving her home correct? At 8:15 pm? My questions are 1) Do we know who saw her leave? 2) did she leave voluntarily or did she sneak out and someone saw her? Do you or anyone know? I initially just assumed she was going on this road trip and her family said goodbye as she drove off. If she left abruptly that changes things. Thanks in advance.

I'm still questioning her supposed conversion . Do we know 100% she actually converted it are we speculating? I don't see how she could've fulfilled the requirements for conversion in secret. I just can't see a Baptist ministers wife doing this knowing the risks it might put on his job, which is her family's livelihood.
She a has a very unusual name. Her name is listed in June 20 bulletin of St. Michael's Catholic Church in Leawood KS as completing RCIA process and welcoming her into Full rite of communion. You can see an image of bulletin on the #findmarilane twitter feed and i was also able to find it online.

I just started following this yesterday and I’m trying to clarify something but can’t find it. It says she was last seen leaving her home correct? At 8:15 pm? My questions are 1) Do we know who saw her leave? 2) did she leave voluntarily or did she sneak out and someone saw her? Do you or anyone know? I initially just assumed she was going on this road trip and her family said goodbye as she drove off. If she left abruptly that changes things. Thanks in advance.

To me this isn't accurate reporting based on the hotel check in/out, she was actually last seen leaving the hotel around 6am Sunday morning, via the video. The last seen Saturday evening is based on her husband's initial report, which I am not sure how that has been verified or if there is proof of her leaving. So I guess the flyers are reporting the last time he saw her vs the the last time she was seen and there is proof...all my opinion.

She a has a very unusual name. Her name is listed in June 20 bulletin of St. Michael's Catholic Church in Leawood KS as completing RCIA process and welcoming her into Full rite of communion. You can see an image of bulletin on the #findmarilane twitter feed and i was also able to find it online.

If it's true then, I think there was a whole lot more going on in her life than has been made public. That is a strange, unheard of thing for a Baptist (or any denomination) ministers wife to do.

Yes, I believe our member @rainynights was the first to find, link, and share that document.

To further substantiate the conversion the YouTube account on which the video application was made follows a catholic priest as well.

And yes, I agree would be an odd change to make with her background. I’m not sure how the church or leadership would react to his pastorate because he is already in it, but I do think if he were applying for a new position in ministry or with the convention his wife being Catholic would be a problem. Usually ministers and there wives are interviewed together, and minister together. I do see this as a HUGE conflict.
June 21, 2020 - Bulletin for St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Parish, Leawood, KS
https://container.parishesonline.com/bulletins/02/0467/20200621B.pdf

Congrats to those who entered into full communion with the church through the Rite of Christian Initiation on Sat. June 20:
[...]
Marilane Carter
[...]

I am a member of a Southern Baptist Church and divorce is frowned upon but not forbidden. At my church and under our Baptist Association, my husband could never be a deacon, as he married me, a divorcee. I'd imagine if he were called to be a pastor, he wouldn't be allowed to under the same grounds. (I don't exactly agree. Just my experience)

Would Marilane's husband lose his job if they were to divorce? tia

I have known a Marilane, same spelling, all my life; and Carter being very common, I never thought of her name as being very unusual.

This a truly respectful question. What is the Southern Baptist Church's teachings on divorce? Is it allowed, frowned on or is there a sort of ex-communication involved?

Ex-communication is not a thing in the Southern Baptist denom.
(At least I've never heard of it).
Most churches would first advise counselling in hopes of repairing the marriage and reconciling.
Divorce is allowed of course, especially in cases of adultery, abuse, etc.
Any situation where there is betrayal or violence toward the spouse or children.
Source: 25 years of being a Baptist. :)

It's speculation, but highly unlikely in my opinion.
More likely, the pdf from the RC church spelled the other woman's name wrong.

jmo

I thought the scratches or marks on his face could be "maskne". Not that I'm not giving him all kinds of other side eye.

Another poster mentioned this way back at the beginning and I concur, she does she eerily like Madison Bell. Like a WOW amount, to me.

I also find it really, really strange if she did in fact convert to Catholicism, coming from such a strong religious background, to change faiths. That's not a light decision, and would have so many reverberations. I'm not articulating this well. I wish we knew for sure if it was her or not. I tend to think it was, because I think the chances of another Marilane Carter is the same community would be very small, and no one has found another lady with the same name.

I hope she's found soon.

MOO

ETA after reading @Ontario Mom 's very wise deduction that it could just be a typo, okay, probably NOT her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304