KS KS- Nelson Jones, 11, Found Kneeling on his bed, beaten & strangled, Hope, Kan, 27 October 1990

dotr

Reaction score
1659881608452.png

By Melissa Brunner
Jul. 17, 2022 rbbm.
''HOPE, Kan. (WIBW) - Growing up in the small town of Hope, Kansas, Nelson Jones was every bit the typical boy.

“He liked the outdoors. He liked to fish, baseball,” his younger sister Melissa Bowell said.

Melissa, the middle of three children, said her brother also was competitive - and fearless.

“(We’d see) who could go the lowest, who could jump the farthest, who could run the fastest,” she said. “We would climb on top of the water shed, and he had tied a water hose to a tree and we’d climb on top of the shed and we would swing down like Tarzan! He always had crazy ideas.”
Brave enough that on October 27, 1990, he insisted he could stay home alone while the rest of the family took a day trip to Wichita.''

“He had begged my mom to stay home,” said Melissa, who was 9 at the time. “He was 11, and he had never stayed home by himself before, and he was supposed to hang out with somebody around the neighborhood.”

While Melissa’s mom got on the phone to call neighbors to ask if any of them knew where he was, her younger sister went into Nelson’s room.

“She came out and she said, ‘Mom, I found Nelson and he looks all beat up.’ So we all went into the bedroom, and he was kneeling like he would to pray on the bed, and his upper half (of his body) was laying on the bed. I just remember he looked very pale and blue,” Melissa remembers. “Mom walked around the side and she grabbed his arm to feel for a pulse and I remember her saying, ‘Oh, God, Dennis. He’s dead;’ and my stepdad ran up barefoot to get the police officers.”

''Nelson had been strangled. More than 30 years later, Davis said, the case remains open.
“There were several witnesses who saw him playing with people and biking around town. They were all interviewed,” he said''

''If you know anything about Nelson’s death - or any unsolved case - call the Kansas Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-KS-CRIME''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back