KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she had a cellphone that she always had with her, NEVER would she have left the house without it. I don't think she would have even went outside on her porch w/ her dog or to do chores without it. ALL of her personal items are still at the house, including her vehicles which were all locked up. Her dog was looking out the front door window when I pulled up to check that very first morning.

EXTENSIVE searching has been done in the 1 mile radius around her house. I myself have been on my hands and knees digging thru dirt, leaves, and whatever, searching for anything. Evidence has been found but not released to the public yet. Searching has now extended out miles and miles in every direction from her home. Yesterday we passed pickups, 4 wheelers, and horses in every direction w/ people out searching, marking bridges and culverts that have been checked twice - ribbons are tied in every area that has been searched and re-searched.

Volunteers have put in hundreds and hundreds of hours and we are so very grateful.

Good morning, Rita -- just wondering how us folks that are not local might be able to help.

Is there a way to make donations or ship supplies that might be needed?

The land around the house is cleared, slightly raised and the driveway long. A car approaching would be easy to see through a window. She recently posted some photos of the homestead and I'm trying hard to remember where to find them.

ETA... I tried to change the tag someone has in the bottom but I lack significant permissions. It's Kimmi, not Kimmer. Thanks.
================================

About tags:
Whoever placed the tag, has to uncheck it and remove the
misspelled name.

Welcome to WS, little_pony.

We will take all the volunteers we can get! There has been such an outpouring of love and support, but we know that some of these people have to start getting back to their jobs. Anyone who would like to search can call the Horton Fire Dept at 785-486-9381 to get the information. My Mom frequently comes to the army base there because she works for a packing and moving company - she's always telling me about the military families that she meets. Thank you so much for your encouraging words - she wasn't single when she raised us, but she was both our mother AND father anyway. She can't be gone. I have no idea how we're going to tell all of our kids. We lost Taylor two years ago (my brother's daughter) and we still grieve for her...now Mom. I just don't understand.
this morning I talked to several friends on post and we are calling the fire department today and will be helping tomorrow and this weekend if needed... Thank you for the phone number. You are in my thoughts and prayers Rita! Stay strong...

http://www.kansas.com/news/breaking/story/1050154.html
Atchison County authorities say they are continuing to search for a woman who apparently was taken by force from her home near Horton.
Police believe 58-year-old Patricia Kimmi was taken from her home by force sometime last Friday.
Her daughter, Rita Boller, said Wednesday that searchers found part of the woman's dentures by the side of a road on Monday. And she says items were found in disarray around her mother's home, but nothing was taken.
Kimmi mother moved into the manufactured home about a half mile away from the nearest neighbor last year.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/news/breaking/story/1050154.html#ixzz0WfFpqbVA

We did not join the search but gave our 4 wheeler to Pat's nephew to use. Not sure how long the volunteers will continue the search but ... expect donations of time, food, beverage, 4 wheelers, gasoline, etc. and any support would be appreciated...contact the Horton Fire Department or St. Leo's Catholic Church in Horton.

http://www.ksnt.com/mostpopular/sto...bsite-For-Missing/-bogicsK1ECrcpIBgJ_k0w.cspx

The freshman class at Horton High School has created a website dedicated to Patricia Kimmi.

On the website:
Put your thoughts and prayers into Patricia Kimmi and her family. Karen Kimmi a very good friend and teacher of ours have been searching for several days now to find Patricia. Several Students from HHS have been searching for days looking for her also. What we know is that she was abducted from her house forcefully. If you have any information call the Atchison sheriff’s department IMMEDIATLEY don’t hesitate have Patricia come home save and Mrs. Kimmi also all the students that have been out searching to know they did what was needed. “Never let your hopes down she will be found”.

http://www.hhs2013.ezweb123.com/

http://www.ksnt.com/mostpopular/sto...or-Missing-Horton/GJw1gPHcG0iG0-kA7R5Nfg.cspx
From Horton in Atchison County:

Volunteers needed
There are 75 people on atvs and in vehicles on country roads in Brown, Atchison and Jackson counties in the continuing search for Pat Kimmi. Authorities would like everyone to be aware of this and use caution if traveling on country roads in the area. For mor information call 785-486-9381

Good morning, Rita -- just wondering how us folks that are not local might be able to help.

Is there a way to make donations or ship supplies that might be needed?

I really believe that prayers are what we need the biggest "supply" of now...I'm having a very hard time dealing with what this evil person or persons did to my precious Mom - we all are. And what do we tell her 12 grandkids? I just don't know. What in the world did they want with her? There just is not obvious person who is capable of this. Any thoughts on that? We sit up nights brainstorming what really happened.

this morning I talked to several friends on post and we are calling the fire department today and will be helping tomorrow and this weekend if needed... Thank you for the phone number. You are in my thoughts and prayers Rita! Stay strong...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless all of you on this site for keeping her story going.

================================

About tags:
Whoever placed the tag, has to uncheck it and remove the
misspelled name.

Welcome to WS, little_pony.

IMO, tags with misspellings are good...it allows someone searching via misspelling to still find what they're looking for.

Just a thought.

There was no correct spelling of Kimmi in the tags, so I just hoped someone would add one (which happened, thanks :)

Rita, her virtual communities continue to send prayers and "jingling" like mad. Jingling is a term for rattling the curb chain on the bit in support of our fellow equestrians in times of need.

Good update at www.knzafm.com (local radio) says search will continue, asking farmers to check fields & buildings, also gave phone 785-486-9381...

Trooper Tim McCool, public resource officer with Troop B of the Kansas Highway Patrol, explains that the investigation into the missing Horton woman, Patricia Kimmi, is ongoing, and that while the Atchison County Police Department, Kansas Highway Patrol and many volunteers are searching for Ms. Kimmi, there are no new developments in the case. Investigators believe Ms. Kimmi went missing Friday night after being forcibly taken from her home
http://www.stjoenews.net/news/2009/nov/12/search-missing-woman-persists/?local

how can Pat just poof off the face of the earth??? I hope they are interviewing people including her (excuse me if this is offensive to the locals and family members here) ex husband. Someone has to know something.... Poor Pat! I am thinking of you Pat!

I really believe that prayers are what we need the biggest "supply" of now...I'm having a very hard time dealing with what this evil person or persons did to my precious Mom - we all are. And what do we tell her 12 grandkids? I just don't know. What in the world did they want with her? There just is not obvious person who is capable of this. Any thoughts on that? We sit up nights brainstorming what really happened.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless all of you on this site for keeping her story going.

Just wanted to send good wishes for the success of the search. I am too far south in KS to be able to help, but it sounds as if there are good numbers of volunteers so far. I am so happy that the weather has been good this week, and wish the weekend weather was predicted to be more amenable to the comfort of the searchers. Am I correct in that nothing was taken, no cars or household items? Was she in the habit of locking her home doors while in the house? Unfortunately, too many people do not do that even in these times. So sorry for this painful time for your family...I will be praying for her grandchildren and all of you.

jmoo

What is the time frame in which she went missing? I.e. How many hours was it from when she was last seen until it was discovered that she was gone? Sorry if this has already been covered...

Ok, so she went missing approximately 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM on Friday. What time Saturday was she discovered to be missing?

How far could the perp have taken her?

Gray, I have to go back and look but I think (Rita, correct me if I am wrong) that her daughter, Rita, couldn't get a hold of her and went to the house... I have to go back to find out when that was.

I DO know that it was reported that she missed a shopping date with a friend that evening...

Ok, so she went missing approximately 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM on Friday. What time Saturday was she discovered to be missing?

The answer here is .....quite a long ways! Even a two hour time period or less from that area could put them into either Missouri, Nebraska or Iowa. A bit over three hours would be clear to Oklahoma. In nine or so hours overnight, one could get "deep in the heart of Texas".
Depending on one's motivation, the immediate area has plenty of woods, hills, valleys, creeks, pastures, and farm fields if one wanted a remote and unpopulated area. If someone wanted to get "lost in the crowd", a quick jaunt into any area of Kansas City would make that easy, also.

jmoo

Since bodies of water are frequent sites of interest in a case of this nature, Horton has Mission Lake just outside of town, and no doubt there are creeks. The Missouri River is a straight shot east about a county and a half away. The Kaw would be farther, and is south of Horton.

also....her car was caught on surv. camera leaving a business in town and headed toward home at 1715.

The "went missing" parameter is very important in this case in terms of any interviews they do of persons of interest in my opinion..

why?

It is a very tight window that LE is putting out that she went missing from... 1730-1930. That means it most likely took her 15 minutes or so to get from the camera she was spotted on to her home and inside of it (there was an obvious disturbance inside the home). Likely the first responder showed up to her home at 1930 or so... that is why I am thinking the frame is so tight.

Question to Rita or any friends and family.... what was she doing that day? Was she out shopping? Was she working and on her way home? If she was working, whom was she working with and have they been questioned? If she was shopping... say stopped at a local store for milk, etc, were there cameras there and could the tapes be pulled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member