KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it still snowing there? Snow on the ground or melted off?

I know I could watch the weather channel but a local report is more accurate.

Thanks,
Dsn

NE Kansas - Atchison, Brown, Doniphan Counties
Weather - very cold -snow on the ground 6-10" + snow drifts.

bump bump bump....

Rita, The snow is melting! This is good news for TES... Any news that you have heard? How is her case progressing? You are in my prayers girl!

Just checking for news. I am sad to see there is nothing new today.

Thank you for continued thoughts and prayers. No news. Tonight we had a dinner with a lot of the people who have helped us in so many ways. There aren't words to describe HOW MUCH people have helped and supported us. It is absolutely amazing. Fr. Earl said the blessing and we had a wonderful meal together. Thank you to all those who did so much to make it possible. THANK YOU.

In honor of our Mom, this is what I read to all those who were able to come:

Thank you, everyone, for everything you have done, in every way. We will never be able to say that enough to tell you how grateful we are for the support and help and love you've shown our family. Thank you for all those who provided and put together this dinner. We very much appreciate it. We don't even know who all of you are, but thank you. I hope someday we will be able to give back in some way to all of you.

I truly think it is God's work, that He brought out community together like we've seen in this past month. It's part of the good that He promises to bring out of the worst of circumstances. And, while we ask EVERY DAY, how this could have happened to our Mom, and WHY this happened to her, we know God is still in charge. He knows where our Mom is, and she's in His arms. In God's time, there will be answers. It takes a lot of faith and trust to wait day after day and not get any of those answer, BUT, we can't give up on God. I talked to a lady yesterday whose brother is also missing, and after a year, they still have no answers. If we have no answers in a year, or two years, or if we NEVER have the answers, we still have to place our trust in God. There isn't another option.

The one thing I have about over and over since Taylor died, is that our time on this earth is so short. Not one of us knows when our last day will be. In the past two years, we've lost four family members, and now possibly Mom. It feels like God is shouting from the Heavens - WAKE UP PEOPLE. Who are you living for? Are we living for God or are we living for ourselves?

So, the message I would like to pass on because of what has happened to Mom, is change what needs to be changed, for all of us. We need to fix what needs to be fixed and not wait one more day. Forgive people, love people, help people. And pray...like there's no tomorrow. I think that's what Mom would want us to say for her.

Our law enforcement team is great - I love those guys. They will solve this, no question. We thank them for all of their tremendous amount of hours they've put in.

We love you Mom. We miss you.

Has a "profile" been done? Can one be done at this point or is that just and FBI thing? Was just sittin here thinking about that this evening? The snow will be gone by Sunday. Maybe TES will be able to get here soon after.

G~

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

No matter where Pat is, I know that she is so very proud of her kids. Even if the worst has happened, I know that she would be fully aware of the examples of Faith her kids have been for the community. So many times things happen and we never get to know God's purpose while we are here on this earth. I have no idea why God allowed this to happen ~ it could very well be for no other reason but that just ONE person would come to know Him thru the witness of the Kimmis.

Pat - where ever you are - as much as your heart may be breaking because of being seperated from your family -- you have peace in the one thing that so many never do-- you have the Peace of knowing that you will be with your kids again one day in Heaven. You will because YOU RAISED THEM TO KNOW THE LORD AND PUT THEIR TRUST IN HIM!
Good job!

I just want you to know that I am still praying for you and your family every day. I check here a couple times a day hoping you'll find out something, anything.

Still sending prayers for this dear lady and her wonderful family. Pat is never far from my mind....

Rita & all your family:

Altho I have been quiet the last few days, I have carried you with me thoughout my days (and nites). I miss Pat so much, but being here with you and the rest of her family has helped tremendously. I can only hope that all of us being with you, has given you all some measure of peace also.

My little candle by my nativity is the first thing I see as I walk into my dark living room in the evening after chores and altho it brings tears to my eyes, it also brings a bittersweet smile to my face because it always brings Pat to the forefront of my mind and if nothing else, Pat is known for her smile and her laughter.

Please be reassured by all of our opinions, that your Mother, your Mother-in-law, your Ninni is so darned proud of all of you, you are following in her teachings and her love and love you she does.

God bless you all
Love
Pam

I agree, my mom has been in Heaven for over 10 years..........seems like yesterday...and then seems like an eternity. Thankfully, and "eternity" is what I will have again with her some day. My mom was awesome, we didn't always agree, but who does. She loved her family more than life, and she taught me so much about being a good mom.

Been thinking about this so hard. I am convinced there were TWO perps.

First of all, may I ask something? How much did Pat weigh? I know the descriptions say 5'6" and 160 pounds. Well, I am 5'6" (53 years old) and I weigh 155. By the pictures that are being posted, Pat looks like she weighs more than than. Not being rude, but just truthful. Did she weigh closer to 200? I weighed 206 a few years ago (before dieting) and she looks closer to that weight. Please don't be offended by my mentioning her weight because there is a reason for it.

How in the world could one man get a larger fighting woman in a truck single handedly? Even if he hit her so hard he knocked her out, then she would be dead weight to try to manage. I don't really think it can be done unless he was really really strong.

Either the perp didn't have a weapon or she wasn't afraid he'd use it because of the struggle on the porch. I really have my doubts that someone could get me into their truck unless they had a knife or gun. I have been taught to fight even if they had a weapon and Rita in one of her posts said something to the effect that Pat knew that too. If they used the weapon to make her get into the truck there would have been blood at the house/yard!

How could she have then gotten out of the truck with 2 men? Well, I think we've been thinking that if she was in the truck with a man on each side of her she wouldn't be able to jump out. But......

What if the truck was a 4 door with bucket seats in the front? Then the 3 couldn't sit up front (with a man on each side of Pat) because of the console. So that would put Pat and one man in the back seat. She then could "maybe" have jumped out.

I don't recall the aprox. year of the truck. My husband said he thought that most of the newer trucks have bucket seats in the front where 3 people couldn't sit all up front.

I really do not think one man was in on this. Can someone clarify how much Pat did aprox. weigh for sure?

And could the truck possibly have been a 4 door?

Still just thinking...................

Been thinking about this so hard. I am convinced there were TWO perps.

First of all, may I ask something? How much did Pat weigh? I know the descriptions say 5'6" and 160 pounds. Well, I am 5'6" (53 years old) and I weigh 155. By the pictures that are being posted, Pat looks like she weighs more than than. Not being rude, but just truthful. Did she weigh closer to 200? I weighed 206 a few years ago (before dieting) and she looks closer to that weight. Please don't be offended by my mentioning her weight because there is a reason for it.

How in the world could one man get a larger fighting woman in a truck single handedly? Even if he hit her so hard he knocked her out, then she would be dead weight to try to manage. I don't really think it can be done unless he was really really strong.

Either the perp didn't have a weapon or she wasn't afraid he'd use it because of the struggle on the porch. I really have my doubts that someone could get me into their truck unless they had a knife or gun. I have been taught to fight even if they had a weapon and Rita in one of her posts said something to the effect that Pat knew that too. If they used the weapon to make her get into the truck there would have been blood at the house/yard!

How could she have then gotten out of the truck with 2 men? Well, I think we've been thinking that if she was in the truck with a man on each side of her she wouldn't be able to jump out. But......

What if the truck was a 4 door with bucket seats in the front? Then the 3 couldn't sit up front (with a man on each side of Pat) because of the console. So that would put Pat and one man in the back seat. She then could "maybe" have jumped out.

I don't recall the aprox. year of the truck. My husband said he thought that most of the newer trucks have bucket seats in the front where 3 people couldn't sit all up front.

I really do not think one man was in on this. Can someone clarify how much Pat did aprox. weigh for sure?

And could the truck possibly have been a 4 door?

Still just thinking...................

I'm with you, Mima, in not only thinking about the case so hard (I've been through multiple-score scenarios, like everyone else) but also in feeling two people were involved. I think there perhaps was a man and a woman, that Pat was gotten into the truck (if the dually is indeed the vehicle) and made to sit in the middle, in a traditional front seat, between the man driving and the woman, and then, when she attempted to escape, overpowered the woman and got out the passenger door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak