KS KS - Randy Leach, 17, Linwood, 15 Apr 1988

according to missingpersonsofamerica.com the party Randy attended was at 12530 166th Street Linwood, KS. The house burned down after Randy went missing. But if you look at the woods near where the house was- it appears there is something metallic- which appears to be about the size of a car. I saved these screen shots from Google Earth. On the desk top version you can look at historical images which shot the object (some of the images are too blurry and some the trees are too thick). Any thoughts on what this object could be? I know it seems almost too easy for it to be Randy's car- but I think the Leaches believe the reason for his disappearance is being covered up.1.png2.jpg3.jpg

linwoodkscar.png
This is also a Google Earth screen shot. This really does look like a car in a ravine to me. The coordinates are at the bottom of the image. If you look at historical satellite images you will see that this object has been there a long time.

Leavenworth County family wins first round in bid to open records in Randy Leach’s disappearance

TOPEKA, Kan. -- Alberta and Harold Leach were too emotional to testify themselves at a Kansas Senate committee hearing on Wednesday. A friend did it for them, urging the Federal and State Affairs Committee to endorse a measure aimed at helping the Leach's gain access to closed records.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/03/08/leaven...o-open-records-in-randy-leachs-disappearance/

Leavenworth County family wins first round in bid to open records in Randy Leach’s disappearance

TOPEKA, Kan. -- Alberta and Harold Leach were too emotional to testify themselves at a Kansas Senate committee hearing on Wednesday. A friend did it for them, urging the Federal and State Affairs Committee to endorse a measure aimed at helping the Leach's gain access to closed records.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/03/08/leaven...o-open-records-in-randy-leachs-disappearance/

It appears the Kansas state Senate has approved this legislation: http://cjonline.com/news/local/2017...ces-open-records-change-missing-person-cases#

[FONT=&amp]Sen. Tom Holland, a Baldwin City Democrat serving a district that includes Linwood, said Harold and Alberta Leach met unflinching opposition from law enforcement agencies as they sought more detailed information about the pending investigation.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“They wake up every day reliving that nightmare,” Holland said. “They need help. They are asking us for help. This isn’t a partisan issue. This is about parents getting closure. There’s other families out there like the Leaches.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He said the Leaches’ thirst for records grew upon learning the Kansas Bureau of Investigation and FBI had a suspect in the disappearance of Randy Leach — a reality not disclosed to them decades ago. That individual, also a suspect in two 1990 homicides that occurred 7 miles from the Leaches’ home, died in a Kansas prison.[/FONT]

This is also a Google Earth screen shot. This really does look like a car in a ravine to me. The coordinates are at the bottom of the image. If you look at historical satellite images you will see that this object has been there a long time.

I can't quite tell what I'm looking at in the picture you posted but I am curious whether you tried to contact authorities to have them check it out?

I wrote a short blog about missing people/missing cars.
One of the investigators in the article I cited in that blog stated that after so many years going by with neither the car nor the person showing up, they're most likely in a body of water.

I would love to read the blog you wrote. Over the past few months I have compiled all of the cases I could find of missing people whose vehicles are also missing. The list is over 200 people now and I have several more to add. The reason I did this is because it does seem likely that many of the people ended up in water with their vehicles. While I'm not 100% sure that is what happened in any individual case, there are many of them where it does seem to me that more searching of nearby bodies of water should be done.

I have made a map of all the cases here.

Was the area ever searched in the photo that showed a possible vehicle??

I can't quite tell what I'm looking at in the picture you posted but I am curious whether you tried to contact authorities to have them check it out?
I mailed letters to the Leavenworth county sheriff's office and KBI with directions and images from Google Earth.

I have read that about 4 months after Randy went missing his German Shepherd, Crackers, went missing. I wonder if his killer took the dog as a trophy? I feel like since Randy was 6'2" and 220lbs he wasn't the obvious choice for a stranger abduction. I think that if he was murdered it was by someone he knew and trusted. So, they probably knew where he lived too. Thoughts?

I recently joined a Facebook Group called "Mccollum family: Why did they lie about Randy Leach's death?" Basically, according the group a guy named Derek Mccollum and an unidentified family member told some wild stories to the police- and that is where the story about the satanic cult sacrificing Randy came from. They got a hold of some old police reports- and here they are.policereport.jpgpolice-report.jpgpolice-report1.jpgpolice-report2.jpgpolice-report3.jpg

according to missingpersonsofamerica.com the party Randy attended was at 12530 166th Street Linwood, KS. The house burned down after Randy went missing. But if you look at the woods near where the house was- it appears there is something metallic- which appears to be about the size of a car. I saved these screen shots from Google Earth. On the desk top version you can look at historical images which shot the object (some of the images are too blurry and some the trees are too thick). Any thoughts on what this object could be? I know it seems almost too easy for it to be Randy's car- but I think the Leaches believe the reason for his disappearance is being covered up.View attachment 110568View attachment 110569View attachment 110570

artsy, I live not too far away from this property. It look like it is private though. Do you have any idea about the occupancy of the property. I would hate to go looking if it is not private.

I imagine it is private property. I think it would be ok to use a drone to look though?

I imagine it is private property. I think it would be ok to use a drone to look though?

I don't own a drone, but I think I will take a drive out that way and scout out if anyone is living there. Not sure when but soon.

Be careful please. I used to live in the Piper area of Kansas.

Hopefully authorities will go check it out.

I looked up the specs of the 1985 Dodge 600. The length to width ratio is 2.73. The length to width ratio of the object in the forest is 2.81 roughly. Within the realm of possibility that it is a Dodge 600. Though it is difficult to see the width of the object due to shadows and blurriness.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I wonder if law enforcement ever looked in some of the small ponds near the residence the party was help and the Stranger River that he likely would have drove over on his route back home from the party. This could be as simple as him getting drunk or being under the influence of drugs and driving off the road and submerging on the way home.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back