GUILTY KS - Riley Co., Woman & child in shallow grave, Oct'09 - Tanya & Juan Maldonado

I searched through all the missing people in KS on the Charley Project page and nothing didn't find anything for KS that fit.

Missing from Junction City KS w/ her infant daughter since May 2009
http://www.kansasmissing.com/mejia2009.html

I started looking through cases in OK. The articles only say small child which is pretty vague.

Melinda Gallaway went missing from Tulsa in 2006. She was 8 months pregnant.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gallaway_melinda.html

This 6 yr old went missing w/ her mother from OK in 1992
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/britto_cynthia.html

I think it's interesting that the police have confirmed the victims' gender so soon after discovery.

Usually that indicates a degree of certainty which implies freshness, i.e., gender-identifiable fleshy traits and clothing. If we were looking at anything much more than a couple of years old (and probably much less) I think they would simply talk about adult and child remains rather than the gender at this stage.

On the other hand, the Jamison girl is the wrong gender and while it's not impossible that they're wrong, I'd be surprised if they released that information early on if there were any room for confusion at all.

They were found very near I-70, the east-west interstate through KS. That might indicate a body-dumping by someone passing through. Also, Ogden is close to Ft. Riley and Junction City, and the combination of those two make it a rather high crime area, for Kansas anyway.

My heart went BOOM! Until I read the article, I wondered if this was Jennifer and Adrianna Wix. However, it was a boy.

I hope they identify them quickly and may God give grace to their family!

I think it's interesting that the police have confirmed the victims' gender so soon after discovery.

Usually that indicates a degree of certainty which implies freshness, i.e., gender-identifiable fleshy traits and clothing. If we were looking at anything much more than a couple of years old (and probably much less) I think they would simply talk about adult and child remains rather than the gender at this stage.

On the other hand, the Jamison girl is the wrong gender and while it's not impossible that they're wrong, I'd be surprised if they released that information early on if there were any room for confusion at all.

:doh: Apparently I can't read! I was under the impression they had not identified the sex of the child. Well scratch most of what I have said up to this point then! thanks for the clarification!

There was a suspected serial killer operating along 1-70 in the 90's.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Interstate_70_Killer

I'm guessing it has something to do with Ft. Riley. The bodies were found almost immediately adjacent to U.S. Army property, and that's a little too convenient to have been coincidence, imo. (Ft. Riley is home of the legendary "Big Red One.") With their recruits coming from a wide swathe of the population and from all across the States, the government gets all kinds of soldiers, good people and bad.

I would think if they used the exact term "autopsy" that the bodies are fresh enough to determine gender. I am thinking more recent abductions gone wrong.

On the other hand, the Jamison girl is the wrong gender and while it's not impossible that they're wrong, I'd be surprised if they released that information early on if there were any room for confusion at all

Has it been released whether or not these are skeletal remains? To say that it was a skeleton of a 3 year old male bEFORE autopsy is quite a leap if you ask me. The differences you would find in skeletal remains such as pelvis, mandible, brow ridges, would not be so pronounced in a 3 year old to be able to tell the difference. The adult woman I can believe, but if these are skeletal remains, i think we should wait for autopsy before believing its a boy. And they specifically said 3 year old boy...not 2-4 year old, etc...i think there was something else that they're not releasing at this point to make such a definitive statement...
Now, if there was flesh, of course they could say it was a boy and that would show us they haven't been there that long, but again, why so specific about age 3? Even the teeth wouldn't be that definitive as children get their teeth at all different ages...hmmmm

RIP Tanya and Juan.
You are gone too soon.

And so glad their alleged killer is arrested.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back