Identified! KS - Salina, 'Miss Molly' 184UFKS, 25-30, in creek under I-70 bridge, Jan'86 - Robin Ann Green

Kansas authorities exhume body, hope to identify woman in 1986 cold case

[....] They collected DNA and see if it matched that of a woman from the Netherlands, possibly Belgium.

Lt. Mike Smith says he's been in contact with Interpol. He says the some the missing Belgium woman's dental records matched but others didn't. He says Molly had missing teeth but also had dental work shortly before her death. [....]

Could 'Miss Molly' be missing woman from overseas?

Neeft+and+miss+molly.JPG

[....]

Investigators have looked at the Doe Network Database which lists missing people from around the world. A search for missing people from either Belgium or The Netherlands around the time "Miss Molly" was found brought up a woman named Anna Agnes Maria Neeft.

[....]

Today several newspapers in Belgium and the Netherlands reported about this potential match.

From ‘Het Laatste Nieuws’ (Belgian newspaper) - link to article
(I did my best to translate the article but it’s my first time translating such a large piece of text so please bear with me ;) )

Pregnant Ansje disappeared in Brussels in 1982, body potentially found in the US.

Anna Agnes Maria Neeft from Haarlem (the Netherlands) would be 65 years today, if she’s still alive. On July 22nd 1982, pregnant Ansje (then 28 years old) disappeared from where they lived in Brussels together with her 4 year old son. Noone knows what happened to her and her children after that. Possibly, Neeft was murdered in the US. In Kansas, DNA evidence from the exhumed remains of unidentified victim “Miss Molly” will have to prove whether or not she is Ansje Neeft.

Ansje Neeft lived in Brussels in 1982 with her husband who -according to one of her brothers- was violent in nature. Ansje’s mother, Vera (88) described the Algerian husband as a “neat and kind man” instead, to ‘De Telegraaf’ (Dutch newspaper). Still, the dutch woman fled from him to England. Taken with her Yacine, her 4 year old son, while pregnant of her unborn child. This happened on July 22nd 1982. According to Dutch police she gave birth to a second son one month after arriving in England. Ansje’s mother knows the second child was named “Skander Rick”.

“They’re possibly living in England or Canada”, the Dutch missing person’s report still says. Her family supposedly last heard from her in 1984. She was staying in Canada at that time.

The missing woman’s brother, Cornelis Neeft, told American TV network KWCH12 that he doesn’t believe his sister is still alive. The TV network contacted the family of Neeft because she could possibly be the key to solving a cold case in Saline County, Texas from 1986.

Interpol investigates if Neeft’s disappearance is linked to the American “Miss Molly” case, an unidentified murder victim. A trucker found Miss Molly’s dead body over 33 years ago, in January 1986, near a pond at a bridge next to the highway in Saline County, Texas. The victim was badly beaten. The murder was never solved and Miss Molly was burried without a name.

On Monday, Miss Molly’s body was exhumed to extract DNA. It could take 6 months to get the results back, but by then investigators should know if Miss Molly and Anne Neeft are the same person. It could potentially lead to a breakthrough in the investigation to Miss Molly’s murderer as well.

Cornelis Neeft doesn’t see any striking resemblance between Miss Molly’s drawn composite and his own sister. But it’s possible that’s because of the swelling in the murdered woman’s face. If this turns out to be a match, we still won’t know the location of het children.

I’m going to look for the interview with Ansje’s mother next and I wonder if we can find a video of that TV channel calling up her brother to talk about this potential match.

Even though, I’m still not convinced Ansje and Molly are the same person, it’s great that both cases are getting renewed attention!

Is Willemijntje terecht na 41 jaar?

7fdc4090-b5b4-11e9-9c63-0255c322e81b.jpg

In the investigation into the identity of an exhumed woman's body in the state of Kansas, the American police appear to have a second missing Dutch person on their radar. In addition to Ansje Neeft, it is also taken into account that this could be Willemijntje van der Meer from Amsterdam.

(...)

Smith tells De Telegraaf that his investigation focuses specifically on the Netherlands on the basis of clothing, scars, facial features and dental data. On a list of missing women from Europe, only the two Dutch women could not be eliminated.

Willemijntje van der Meer disappeared without a trace from Amsterdam in 1978, and Ansje Neeft from Brussels in 1982.

BBM

Doorbraak in vermissing: ’Alle tekenen kloppen’

Breakthrough in Missing Persons: 'All details are matching'.

Saline County - Kamini van der Meer is dumbfounded. The daughter of Willemijntje van der Meer, who disappeared without a trace in 1978, did not know that it is being investigated in the US whether her mother is the unknown woman who was found eight years later under a bridge in the state of Kansas.

Lieutenant Sheriff Mike Smith, who has been leading the investigation into the true identity of 'Miss Molly' for years, as the unknown woman found in Saline County is called, states that not only Ansje Neeft from Haarlem is in the picture, but also the mother of six children in Amsterdam.

Smith tells De Telegraaf that his investigation focuses on the Netherlands on the basis of the clothes worn by the victim. "We found out that it was not available in America, but it was available in Europe. At the time, it was not as easy for clothes to travel around the world as it is now. We know, for example, that the sweatpants come from Germany, and the bra from France." That the found woman is American, he now considers excluded. "We have consulted all the systems."

The reason he specifically searches the Netherlands is because of the exclusion of missing women from other European countries. "We have also looked at other available information. About scars, for example, facial features, dental data. A list of missing women from Europe has been compiled, but we have been able to eliminate almost all of them."

Except for two, both from the Netherlands. Next to Ansje Neeft - who disappeared from Brussels in 1982 and was last seen in Harlow, England - is Willemijntje van der Meer.

The woman from Amsterdam had disappeared from one moment to the next on 2 January 1978. Never has there been another trace of her.

The woman found in Saline County was clearly a mother, had a burn on her leg, and underwent surgery at her lower abdomen, Smith reports. Daughter Kamini confirms that the characteristics apply to her mother. "Her uterus had been removed," she says of the latter aspect.

She is very surprised that her mother's name appears in an American study after more than forty years. "It was said at the time that she would be going to her brother in Canada, but he never saw her." Another source who spoke to this newspaper earlier mentioned that they took into account that there is 'a link with foreign countries'.

Kamini van der Meer informs us that, just like Cor, the brother of Ansje Neeft from Haarlem, she has already given up DNA in the past. "Of course we still want to know what happened. Would something come of it after so many years? Unexpectedly, but it would be very nice. Then at least we can let it go."

Smith informs us that the police in Amsterdam have been informed about the investigation after dna has been taken from the excavated body again, and that he has made a formal request for cooperation. The police were unable to confirm this last night.

BBM

Link to missing poster from Dutch LE:

Willemijntje van der Meer

Willemijntje van der Meer was born in 1941. She would have been 45 in 1986 instead of the estimated 25- 30 years of age. That is almost 20 years off!

If she disappeared from the Nethelands in 1978, and took her clothes with her, her underwear and sweatpants would have lasted 8 years. Would that earn her the description "well groomed" I wonder?

Verdwijning Willemijn al veertig jaar een mysterie: "Ze liet zes kinderen achter"

BlOEMENDAAL - It was January 2, 1978, when the then 37-year-old Willemijn van der Meer closed the door of her Amsterdam house behind her for good. Her six young children were left alone. Forty years later they still wonder what happened to their mother and if she is still alive.

Near the Gilles van Ledenberchstraat in Amsterdam-West they know her as "Wil" in the eighties. She is married and has six children. The marriage is bad and there are financial worries. Sometimes Wil has to borrow money to make ends meet.

She wants to get divorced and, before her disappearance, she goes into hiding several times in a shelter for women with her children . When, the day after her disappearance, a report of her disappearance is made, it is assumed that Willemijn will return on her own. But that doesn't happen.

Three years after Willemijn's disappearance, Jan Ackermann meets her daughter Bineroy in an Amsterdam children's home. He takes care of the girl and she is welcomed into his family in Bloemendaal. Jan goes to investigate by himself. "At the former police station on the Warmoesstraat, the report was first placed in the bottom of a drawer with disappearances. When I came back later, the document was completely gone. There was no investigation at all in those first few years."

Bineroy finds her happiness with her adoptive parents in Bloemendaal. And also her brother and sisters all end up well. Nevertheless, Willemijn's disappearance continues to control their lives. "A mother doesn't just abandon her six children. Did she die of a crime or did she do something to herself? But there's no indication that she wouldn't be alive anymore."

The children do know that their mother was looking for her passport some time before her disappearance. "And a few weeks after the disappearance, two strange men picked up her photo albums. Assuming it was the police, they were given the photos. But the police never received those albums."

Now that the investigation by a cold case team has not provided any new facts, Jan hopes in a last attempt to uncover the mystery for his adopted daughter Bineroy and her brother and sisters. "If she disappeared voluntarily, there must be someone who knew about it at the time. Wil was not the woman to do such a thing on her own. Then there must be someone who wanted to do good and who helped her."

Willemijn van der Meer would be almost 78 years old now. Her children have never given up hope that she might still be alive and want to answer their questions. "It would do them good," says Jan. I don't think they get angry with their mother."

BBM

I agree that the time frame is off but I think Willemijntje looks way closer to the recon than Ansje. Moo

I agree that the time frame is off but I think Willemijntje looks way closer to the recon than Ansje. Moo

Willemijntje van de Meer was so poor she had to borrow money to feed her six children. She would not have owned expensive underwear. Even after 8 years, she would consider a $85 bra an extravaganza. With $85, she would have been able to buy groceries for the family dinner for two weeks.

DNA will tell, but given the circumstances of both women, IMHO neither one is Molly Doe.

Btw, the silence about the husbands of Ansje and Willemijntje is deafening. No husband appears to be looking for them, ever.

I don't think it's possible for Miss Molly to be Willemijntje because her daughter said she had a hysterectomy. Miss Molly had an abdominal surgery but not a hysterectomy.

Investigators have looked at the Doe Network Database which lists missing people from around the world. A search for missing people from either Belgium or The Netherlands around the time "Miss Molly" was found brought up a woman named Anna Agnes Maria Neeft.

[....]

RS&BBM

I have said it before and I will say it again: the DOE database is unreliable when it comes to their listings of 'people all around the world'.

About Ansje Neeft, they write:

The Doe Network: Case File 1177DFBEL

Neeft was pregnant when she disappeared in 1982 with her four-year-old son from Brussels. She gave birth to a son that August in Great Britain.

In 1984, Neeft left Belgium and traveled to Canada where she gave birth to a child. She was not heard from again from relatives since that date.

Does that make sense? It does not make any sense and it goes against all that is know about the disappearance of Ansje Neeft.

IMHO the sheriff would do better with referring this case to Parabon Nanolabs if and when a suitable DNA sample is found.

I am sorry for the two families who are being dragged into this. They will have to live the time between hope and fear until the results are there, and all for nothing. At least one family, and probably both, will be none the wiser about the fate of their sibling or mother.

I think Miss Molly is Keli Kay McGinness (call me crazy)

upload_2019-10-2_13-54-22.pngupload_2019-10-2_13-54-34.pngupload_2019-10-2_13-54-54.pngupload_2019-10-2_13-55-9.png

She is 5'5", she was born in 04/17/1965 and would have been 21 in 1986, what fits the age estimate in the Namus file. She went missing in 1983. She had two children, a son and a daughter. She was not a natural blond, youth pictures show her, being a brunette. She was a high class prostitute, financially succesfull, could have afforted the clothes, even travel to Europe to start a new live, turned back to the USA "for old times sake", maybe even try to see or find her adopted children.

"At first, authorities believed McGinness might have left of her own accord. She was considered a "high-class" prostitute and was very successful financially, and sometimes stated that she wished to get off the streets and lead a more respectable life".

"However, McGinness left behind her baby daughter, whom she was devoted to. She had placed the child in a foster home temporarily while she was serving a short jail sentence for prostitution, and was looking forward to picking her up. McGinness's daughter was eventually adopted by another family. Her firstborn child, a boy, was placed for adoption shortly after his birth in 1980".

She is supposed to be killed by Gary Ridgway...but there is no evidence to confirm that and IMO it's to 'easy' to think that.

They have her and Miss Molly's dentals, so it would be an easy rule out.

Keli Kay McGinness – The Charley Project

MISSING IN KANSAS: 'Miss Molly' may be 1 of 2 missing European women

WO POSSIBLE LEADS

The Saline County Sheriff’s Office said Miss Molly might be one of two missing women from Europe.

Anna Neeft was last seen in Brussels, Belgium, on July 22, 1982 – less than four years before Miss Molly was found. According to The Doe Network, Neeft was 28 years old and pregnant when she disappeared; she had her four-year-old son with her. She gave birth to her second child that August in Great Britain. Then, in 1984, Neeft left Belgium and traveled to Canada, where she gave birth to a child. Her family has not heard from her since then. This would mean she has children who are around 39, 37 and 35 years old.

The other woman is Willemijntje van Der Meer, who is missing from Amsterdam, Netherlands. “She is the one the Cold Case Team from Amsterdam has been making numerous inquiries on regarding a DNA profile,” Smith said. Van der Meer, 37 at the time, was last seen leaving her house in January 1978. The police investigation yielded nothing at that time, according to her profile on The Doe Network. “However, it became known that Willemijntje, shortly before her disappearance, had searched for her passport,” it states. At the time, she was married and had six children, who were six to 14 years old.

Saline County has looked at the women’s cases. “Both Van Der Meer's info was followed up on in 2005, and Neeft was followed up on in 2006 by me,” Smith said. “I placed phone calls to INTERPOL to help me connect with the agencies who had the missing reports on these women.”

KAKE News also contacted INTERPOL. “INTERPOL does not conduct investigations itself, these are always done by the national police in accordance with national legislation,” it explained via e-mail. An INTERPOL spokesperson said it cannot comment on the case, but there are 194 member countries, which work together to close cases

Maybe some of these interested journalists would like to include some of the other possibilities in their follow up reports if the two Dutch women are ruled out. LE seem very focused on Europe and surely it can’t just be the clothing company can it? Did they do isotope tests that have led them that way?

Maybe some of these interested journalists would like to include some of the other possibilities in their follow up reports if the two Dutch women are ruled out. LE seem very focused on Europe and surely it can’t just be the clothing company can it? Did they do isotope tests that have led them that way?

They even invent a third child to make Ansje Neeft fit the description of Miss Molly. The DOE network is a great source of fake news.

I think Miss Molly is Keli Kay McGinness (call me crazy)

View attachment 207292View attachment 207293View attachment 207294View attachment 207295

She is 5'5", she was born in 04/17/1965 and would have been 21 in 1986, what fits the age estimate in the Namus file. She went missing in 1983. She had two children, a son and a daughter. She was not a natural blond, youth pictures show her, being a brunette. She was a high class prostitute, financially succesfull, could have afforted the clothes, even travel to Europe to start a new live, turned back to the USA "for old times sake", maybe even try to see or find her adopted children.

"At first, authorities believed McGinness might have left of her own accord. She was considered a "high-class" prostitute and was very successful financially, and sometimes stated that she wished to get off the streets and lead a more respectable life".

"However, McGinness left behind her baby daughter, whom she was devoted to. She had placed the child in a foster home temporarily while she was serving a short jail sentence for prostitution, and was looking forward to picking her up. McGinness's daughter was eventually adopted by another family. Her firstborn child, a boy, was placed for adoption shortly after his birth in 1980".

She is supposed to be killed by Gary Ridgway...but there is no evidence to confirm that and IMO it's to 'easy' to think that.

They have her and Miss Molly's dentals, so it would be an easy rule out.

Keli Kay McGinness – The Charley Project
WA - WA - Kelli McGinness, 18, Seattle, 28 June 1983

LE statement that this UID must be European by virtue of her non-US clothing origin is pretty amazing. In 1986 I was a teen and had purchased clothes while overseas on vacation before returning home. It doesn’t seem a long-shot to me that the UID could still be America. At least not based on clothing alone.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back