GUILTY KS - Toby Rock, 37, murdered in Merriam motel room, 20 Jan 2012

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by davehead21, Jan 21, 2012.

1. davehead21

davehead21 Active Member

MERRIAM, Kan. -- Merriam police said they are investigating the discovery of a body in a motel room as a homicide.

Officers said the body of a 37-year-old woman was found in a room at the Homestead Studio Suites in the 6400 block of Frontage Road on Friday morning.

"The cleaning personnel found the individual," said Merriam Police Chief Tim Burnett.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/30263573/detail.html#ixzz1k69lkKgU

2. Loading...

3. davehead21

davehead21 Active Member

MERRIAM, Kan. -- Merriam police Saturday identified the body found in a Merriam motel room Friday morning as 37-year-old Toby Rock.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/30269218/detail.html#ixzz1k8pDaESg

This is crazy-- I stayed at this motel for a night this past summer (not by choice). My best friend and I were going to a concert and it was close to the venue, so she wanted to crash there for the night. It is one of those extended stay type places. The rooms (at least ours) had a refrigerator, stove, a skillet, and some pots and pans. I would imagine a lot of construction workers, etc. stay there. The street that it's on runs parallel to a major highway. You could walk probably 50 feet and be on the highway.

I am your typical Websleuther who always scopes out her surroundings and I was completely creeped out at the proximity of this motel to the highway. I even thought to myself, "Someone could grab a person and be on the highway in a minute." I will be interested to see if this is random or not.

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Police identify woman slain at Merriam motel (Kansas City Star)

5. fhc

fhc New Member

6. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Man charged in murder of mother of five in Merriam (joco913.com)
    more at link above

7. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

RIP Toby Marie Rock. Mother and dear daughter.

8. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From May 2012:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...tence-for-killing-woman-in-Merriam-motel.html