GUILTY KS - Zayden Jaynesahkluah, 2, suspicious death, Wichita, 31 May 2019 *Mom arrested*

What a cutie! But -- is that a bruise under his eye???

And, that is some serious ink on Mom, IMHO!

What would work like that cost???

RIP, Zayden, comfort to your family.

And on his left cheek and by his right and left eye. It almost looks like bruising on his forehead, but can't tell because of his hair. Another dead battered child. This needs to stop. Somehow someway, please let it stop.

Mom sure doesn't like she's twenty three.

JUN 10, 2019, Article includes a brief interview of Zayden's father
Wichita family seeks answers in 2-year-old boy’s mysterious death
[...]

Three days before his third birthday, Zayden was found dead at a south Wichita motel where he had been staying with his mother, KC.

The cause of death is unknown, and his death is under investigation.

[...]

Zayden’s older sister was placed in protective custody. No arrests have been made, and police say they are waiting on the results of a toxicology test from his autopsy to comment on the case.

BJ is also waiting for the results. He said he’s not sure what to expect.

“If it came back that it was by fault of someone, I also want that person held accountable, no matter who it was,” he said.

[...]

For much of his life, Zayden was raised by various family members. For about a year he was in the care of his mother’s cousin, SC, and her then-husband, QC.

“His mom, she would go say, ‘Can you watch him for an hour?’ and come back three days later,” she said. “That was pretty much how it went.”

[...]

SC said she doesn’t want people to remember him the way he appears in a picture that’s being shared on social media and television news, a photo that shows him with bruises on his face. It’s unclear how he got them or when the photo was taken.

Zayden is at least the ninth child age 5 or younger to die in the Wichita area under suspicious circumstances since 2017.

Evan Brewer, Lucas Hernandez, Jesslinn Hulett, Jazz Gwyn, Tony Bunn, Patrick Kempton, Brexley Franklin, Zaiden Javonovich, Zayden Jaynesahkluah — the list keeps growing.

[...]

Wright said she’s reserving judgment about what happened to Zayden until the autopsy comes back, but added that she wants to raise awareness about child abuse and urge people to do whatever they can to prevent another child death.

“We have to stop being afraid to ask for help. We have to stop being afraid to tell people when something’s not all right,” she said.

(Names changed to initials by me)

JUN 9, 2019
A final farewell to Zayden Jaynesahkluah
[...]

Sunday evening there was laughter and there were tears at O.J. Watson Park as many of those who knew and loved Zayden offered up prayers and a final goodbye.

“It’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do,” Caleb said about having to bury his son. They laid him to rest with his grandfather Saturday.

[...]

They also shared photos and videos showing Zayden in happier times. It’s how they want to remember the little boy who was born prematurely, lived with a seizure disorder but was still full of smiles.

[...]

Many of those saying goodbye Sunday night believe something happened. Others are waiting on the results of the investigation.

[...]

Police say they’re waiting on the toxicology results from Zayden’s autopsy to figure out exactly what happened the day he died. Family members say they expect to meet with investigators Monday for an update.

Mother arrested in death of 2-year-old son at Wichita motel

18680061_G.jpg

[....]

Wichita police spokesman Charley Davidson said that 23-year-old Kimberly Compass was arrested Thursday for the death of Zayden Jaynesahkluah. Jail records show she's being held without bond for first-degree murder.

[....]

Mother arrested in death of 2-year-old son at Wichita motel

18680061_G.jpg

[....]

Wichita police spokesman Charley Davidson said that 23-year-old Kimberly Compass was arrested Thursday for the death of Zayden Jaynesahkluah. Jail records show she's being held without bond for first-degree murder.

[....]
Well isn't that a smug mug?! :mad:

Davidson said that new information from the Regional Forensic Science Center led to the arrest. He did not elaborate. Information on how the boy died has not been released.

She is a lot thinner than when she killed Zayden. Meth diet?

Kimberly Compass

Definitely drugs! And some mental illness, at some point in her bizarre selfies and other odd posts she mentions having been in foster care. She definitely does not seem like someone capable of parenting.

Also something in her most recent profile picture seems off about her body, either photoshop or drastic weight loss. Her face in her mugshot doesn't look as thin.

Last edited:
AUG 15, 2019
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...0ccc4e-bfa6-11e9-a8b0-7ed8a0d5dc5d_story.html
[...]

Sedgwick County prosecutor’s office spokesman Dan Dillon said police plan to present their case Monday and that a charging decision will be made afterward. He said no attorney has been assigned to her.

[...]

State Rep. Michael Capps, a Wichita Republican, has said that state welfare officials had previous contact with Zayden’s family.

That makes Zayden at least the ninth child age 5 or younger since 2017 to die in the Wichita area under suspicious circumstances, several of them after state welfare officials had contact with the family. The victims include 3-year-old Evan Brewer, whose body was found encased in concrete after his relatives repeatedly reported abuse. His mother was convicted of second-degree murder and her boyfriend of first-degree murder. Welfare officials have made several staffing changes in the wake of the deaths.

Mike Deines, a spokesman for the Kansas Department for Children and Families, said in a written statement that the agency is wrapping up its investigation and will release a summary of its involvement with Zayden if it determines that his death was the result of abuse or neglect.

[...]

AUG 20, 2019
https://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article234197072.html
A Wichita mother has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old son.

Kimberly Compass, 23, was arrested last week and made her first appearance in court Tuesday afternoon, where she was formally charged.

[...]

An autopsy report outlines the manner and cause of death. Zayden’s has been sealed by the Sedgwick County District Coroner, Kate Flavin, county spokeswoman, told The Eagle on Tuesday.

Wichita police and the Kansas Department for Children and Families had been waiting for the toxicology results from Zayden’s autopsy to determine if his death was a homicide.

[...]

A criminal complaint filed Tuesday in Sedgwick County District Court says Compass killed her son while committing another dangerous felony: aggravated child endangerment.

Zayden’s cause of death was initially unknown and wasn’t immediately determined to be a homicide. His death wasn’t reported as suspicious until a week after his death. His mother remained free for two-and-a-half months.

[...]

AUG 20, 2019
https://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article234197072.html
A Wichita mother has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old son.

Kimberly Compass, 23, was arrested last week and made her first appearance in court Tuesday afternoon, where she was formally charged.

[...]

An autopsy report outlines the manner and cause of death. Zayden’s has been sealed by the Sedgwick County District Coroner, Kate Flavin, county spokeswoman, told The Eagle on Tuesday.

Wichita police and the Kansas Department for Children and Families had been waiting for the toxicology results from Zayden’s autopsy to determine if his death was a homicide.

[...]

A criminal complaint filed Tuesday in Sedgwick County District Court says Compass killed her son while committing another dangerous felony: aggravated child endangerment.

Zayden’s cause of death was initially unknown and wasn’t immediately determined to be a homicide. His death wasn’t reported as suspicious until a week after his death. His mother remained free for two-and-a-half months.

[...]
It's not surprising, given that the mother seemed more concerned about herself and what other people thought about her. From an early interview:

"When I got up to get him, I saw he had (thrown) up," Compass says. "I immediately called the EMS, the paramedics, 911. They told me to do CPR on him. "It freaked me out. I became hysterical, which of course, I would. He's my son. Then I just waited for them to get there to help."
"A lot of people were calling DCF on me, making false reports," she says.
"Everybody says they're not jealous of me," Compass says. "They have no reason to be, but as a mother who has just lost her son, what other reasons would you have to be hateful in this situation when I've done nothing but care for my children?"
"It's hard for me also with everybody being so accusive," she says. "The people that are closest to me are trying to support me more than ever now through this process because they know in their hearts how good of a person I am and how much I enjoy all kids and that I would never hurt my son."
Mother denies abuse amid investigation into 2-year-old son's death

The online fundraiser linked in the article has been shut down.

So, is the thinking that the arrest comes after LE was given the toxicology results? It sure sounds that way. Maybe meth? Poor little guy, another life erased because of choices made by the people who should have cared for and protected him. MOO.

It's not surprising, given that the mother seemed more concerned about herself and what other people thought about her. From an early interview:

"When I got up to get him, I saw he had (thrown) up," Compass says. "I immediately called the EMS, the paramedics, 911. They told me to do CPR on him. "It freaked me out. I became hysterical, which of course, I would. He's my son. Then I just waited for them to get there to help."
"Everybody says they're not jealous of me," Compass says. "They have no reason to be, but as a mother who has just lost her son, what other reasons would you have to be hateful in this situation when I've done nothing but care for my children?"
"It's hard for me also with everybody being so accusive," she says. "The people that are closest to me are trying to support me more than ever now through this process because they know in their hearts how good of a person I am and how much I enjoy all kids and that I would never hurt my son."

So, is the thinking that the arrest comes after LE was given the toxicology results? It sure sounds that way. Maybe meth? Poor little guy, another life erased because of choices made by the people who should have cared for and protected him. MOO.
She makes me ill. I absolutely agree with you - she's more affected by what people think of her than the fact that this beautiful child lost his life! GRRR! :mad:

This made me side-eye so hard when it happened. Not surprised in the least that she’s now been arrested.

Autopsy: 2-year-old boy found unresponsive in S. Wichita motel died of 'methadone toxicity'

[....] Gorrill noted that because he did not know how the boy got the narcotic his manner of death is undetermined.

Toxicology results show a juice bottle containing red liquid and a cigarette butt both tested positive for methadone and nicotine. A can of Coke containing a cigarette butt and cigarette ashes also tested positive for methadone, nicotine and caffeine.

[....]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back