Christopher Clements indicted for Isabel Celis & Maribel Gonzales homicides
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION

KY - 7 year old walks away from plane crash, 4 dead

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by liljim, Jan 2, 2015.

1. liljim

liljim Former Member

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-girl-survived-ky-plane-crash-27973521

Sgt. Dean Patterson of the Kentucky State Police says a disoriented 7-year-old girl walked to a home and reported that she had been involved in a plane crash. The resident called 911 and the girl was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Authorities found the aircraft a couple of hours later and confirmed that the pilot and three other passengers were killed.

2. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

3. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Terrible how tragic the poor girl witnessing your parents and sister die. I hope they R.I.P and the young girl gets plenty of support to cope. I don't like these small planes they seem to crash quite frequently.

4. TripleA

TripleA New Member

God bless her broken little heart. She is so brave. May she find peace and happiness in her future. Prayers for her and her family.

5. RazTaz

RazTaz Never forget Teghan Skiba.

Oh my. :praying: for this precious, little girl.

6. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

Read this one on waking this morning. Poor lil thing. I cannot imagine the trauma. :(

7. oh_gal

oh_gal Active Member

Can't. Even. Imagine.
    Poor, sweet, girl.
    I hope she is surrounded by those that love her, and great counseling in the days/years to come.

8. Blondie in Spokane

9. shana

shana Active Member

I started following this story early today, read numerous articles, and visited her family's FBs as well. Lots of photos, videos, happy times right up to the end.

This just wasn't supposed to happen!

Father had a long history with flying...reportedly got his pilot's license before he did his automobile driver's license.

In addition to an obviously loving extended family and friends who are there for her wholeheartedly, there is perhaps some more hope for little Sailor's future. Her older sister (half-sister possibly?) has been married just two years and no children so far. Sailor also has an older adult brother (half too?). Whatever they work-out for her, I strongly believe she will receive all the love and support she needs...which provides some consolation.

RIP to the family...Mom, Dad, sister, and cousin. Sending love, strength, and support to this brave and blessed little girl.

~jmo~

10. Blondie in Spokane

11. sherbetjello

sherbetjello Where is Kyron?

This article has many pictures, one of them being the actual terrain this brave girl walked through in order to get help.

2462389600000578-0-Rugged_terrain_Officials_located_the_downed_aircraft_near_KY_810-a-6_14203371.jpg

12. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

In the picture it would seem that the plane went down in the wooded area bottom right. If I eye spied correctly the home she went to is right at the turn in the road, center right. jmo

13. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

Little would her parents ever suspect that the survival skills they taught their young daughter would serve her so well in this traumatic situation. What a legacy they have given her.

14. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

15. Blondie in Spokane

16. Wagara

Wagara Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...

Brave and smart. Hard to believe she stayed so composed and rescued herself. God bless her.

17. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

My heart goes out to this very amazingly strong girl of 7. She knew so much to survive. She lit a stick to see in the dark. Bless her and R.I.P. family. Very sad for her loss & terror at age 7. May her life be hopeful & promising. She's a tough one!

18. swedie

swedie Well-Known Member

Terribly tragic and so heartbreaking. What a brave, strong and courageous little girl. Stay strong little one. Your family is at peace in God's loving arms.

19. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I am so happy to hear that she has two older sibs[halfsibs]. She is going to need someone that will remind her of Mom and Dad. She is still so young. Poor baby.

20. Blondie in Spokane