Found Safe KY - Amanda, 32, & Amya Otero, 3, no show for custody hearing, Logan Co., Jun 2019 *mother arrested*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
IMG_20171201_111708.jpg

PART_1559599823421_Screenshot_20190531-171525.png

RUSSELLVILLE, Ky. – The Logan County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help to find a woman and her small child.

Amanda Otero did not show for an emergency custody hearing with her child, Amya Grace Otero, according to a release from the Logan County Sheriff’s Office. The child’s father told deputies that he believed Amanda had possibly fled the state with their child, but could also be somewhere in Warren County.

The Logan County Sheriff’s Office is attempting to locate Amanda Marie Otero, 32, who could also be using her maiden name, Amanda Marie Pytko.

Amanda Otero is a white female approximately 5 feet 1 inch tall, 120 pounds, with blue eyes and dark hair. Amanda Otero could possibly be staying somewhere in the Bowling Green or Oakland area but she also has ties to Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama, according to the release.

Amya Grace Otero, 3, is a a white female approximately 3 feet tall, 37-40 pounds, with brown eyes and blonde hair.

At this time there is an outstanding warrant of arrest for Amanda Otero. Amanda Otero is also considered to be possibly armed and dangerous. The Logan County Sheriff’s Department is asking anyone with information to please contact the Logan County Sheriff’s Department at 270-726-4911 or any local law enforcement agency.

Police search for missing woman, child - WNKY

Armed and dangerous.....who is she protecting herself from?

How many domestic violence calls were there prior to their separation?

Has there been mental health services for either parent and they’ve discontinued their meds?

Does Mom have an attorney or is she pro se (representing herself?

When was notification of the hearing mailed? In plenty of time for her to be aware and get time off work, find a sitter? In parental alienation cases, it is not unheard of for an attorney to stand in court and proclaim notice was sent, only for the postmark to later show it was mailed just prior to the hearing. Thus the other parent had no idea they needed to be there unless they just happen to be watching the court calendar.

Has there been mental health services for either parent and they’ve discontinued their meds?

When was notification of the hearing mailed? In plenty of time for her to be aware and get time off work, find a sitter? In parental alienation cases, it is not unheard of for an attorney to stand in court and proclaim notice was sent, only for the postmark to later show it was mailed just prior to the hearing. Thus the other parent had no idea they needed to be there unless they just happen to be watching the court calendar.
I don't want to judge a book by its cover. They do not put "armed and dangerous" just out there willy nilly. Because do to tech, internet, etc... this will brand her for life. They have reason to do this. They have reason to believe she is "armed and dangerous".

Why do I feel like she isn't the one who should have an arrest warrant?

I don't know because you would be wrong.

Amanda has quite a long and rather scary criminal history actually. I would certainly not want her taking a toddler anywhere. She strikes me as the type to kill the child in a "if I can't have her, no one can" type of situation. They have her listed as armed and dangerous because she is. She has armed robbery charges on her record!

This does NOT appear to be a situation where Dad is the bad guy or domestic violence is involved.

More info, proof and pictures here in the comments here, MUST READ:

Missing Persons Cases Network

Amanda was actually on the most wanted list at #1 for over 2 years (these charges are also in the comments above):

• Amanda M. Pytko, 20, is wanted for first degree burglary and assault. The last known address is 10th Street in Bowling Green.

Sheriff’s list results in capture of 3

The Barren County Sheriff’s Department’s No. 1 most wanted is now in custody after more than two years on the lam.

Amanda Pytko, 20, of Bowling Green,
turned herself into the sheriff’s office at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Detective Rusty Anderson said. She was accompanied by her attorney.

Pytko faces charges of first-degree assault and burglary in reference to a May 4, 2005, incident according to Anderson. The suspect allegedly entered the Barren County residence of Dallas Flowers, who was shot in the stomach during a struggle with Pytko.

Sheriff’s No. 1 fugitive arrested

A bunch of articles here about the trial for that shooting, she was acquitted:

Search

One arrest here, it looks like she pled this one way down (original charges are in the comments above):

AMANDA MARIE PYTKO Inmate 337524: Kentucky Prisoner

Quite frankly I think this comes close to the criteria for an Amber Alert. I'm very worried for Amya. I'm still looking but I'll post this for now.

Last edited:
I don't know because you would be wrong.

Amanda has quite a long and rather scary criminal history actually. I would certainly not want her taking a toddler anywhere. She strikes me as the type to kill the child in a "if I can't have her, no one can" type of situation. They have her listed as armed and dangerous because she is. She has armed robbery charges on her record!

This does NOT appear to be a situation where Dad is the bad guy or domestic violence is involved.

More info, proof and pictures here in the comments here, MUST READ:

Amanda was actually on the most wanted list at #1 for over 2 years (these charges are also in the comments above):

• Amanda M. Pytko, 20, is wanted for first degree burglary and assault. The last known address is 10th Street in Bowling Green.

Sheriff’s list results in capture of 3

The Barren County Sheriff’s Department’s No. 1 most wanted is now in custody after more than two years on the lam.

Amanda Pytko, 20, of Bowling Green,
turned herself into the sheriff’s office at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Detective Rusty Anderson said. She was accompanied by her attorney.

Pytko faces charges of first-degree assault and burglary in reference to a May 4, 2005, incident according to Anderson. The suspect allegedly entered the Barren County residence of Dallas Flowers, who was shot in the stomach during a struggle with Pytko.

Sheriff’s No. 1 fugitive arrested

A bunch of articles here about the trial for that shooting, she was acquitted:

Search

One arrest here, it looks like she pled this one way down (original charges are in the comments above):

AMANDA MARIE PYTKO Inmate 337524: Kentucky Prisoner

Quite frankly I think this comes close to the criteria for an Amber Alert. I'm very worried for Amya. I'm still looking but I'll post this for now.

Thank You. I shouldn't have been so quick to judge. I have seen so many cases where the mother and child go missing right before the custody hearing, and it is often because she was attacked to prevent her from attending.

But if she has a long criminal history, she probably wouldn't have come out ahead in the custody battle in court.

Oh yea this!! I hope they are accurate in their dipiction I really do. Family court needs an overhaul. Whatever is going on I hope this baby is safe.
I have seen dads destroy moms with baseless accusation and all manner of techniques...its hard to believe some crap family courts allow and take part in. whoever runs out of $$ first usually loses let's face it and this is enough to make any mother batshit crazy bc they know its coming & there is NOTHING they can do to stop it.
(Let me walk into court and hand you my daughter at 10a.m. today seems a bit hard to swallow.) I probably need to sit on my hands lol

PLEASE before anyone just assumes that this is the father's fault... read the handful of posts on this thread!

Just going to this link and going to the link in the comments is enough. This is NOT your typical case. This MOTHER is the one at fault.

Thank You. I shouldn't have been so quick to judge. I have seen so many cases where the mother and child go missing right before the custody hearing, and it is often because she was attacked to prevent her from attending.

But if she has a long criminal history, she probably wouldn't have come out ahead in the custody battle in court.

The father has already been granted emergency custody. The order can be found in the above link. She has no reason to return Amya and she knows it. That's why she took off. :mad:

Also, Amya is 3 years and 9 months. So she's closer to 4 years.

PLEASE before anyone just assumes that this is the father's fault... read the handful of posts on this thread!

Just going to this link and going to the link in the comments is enough. This is NOT your typical case. This MOTHER is the one at fault.

The father has already been granted emergency custody. The order can be found in the above link. She has no reason to return Amya and she knows it. That's why she took off. :mad:

Also, Amya is 3 years and 9 months. So she's closer to 4 years.
Well one thing is for sure, once they track them down, the almost 4 year old will never shut up. That age means a constant stream of chatter, asking questions, inquisitiveness, etc. The details of their journey will come tumbling out of her mouth without anyone pumping her for information. Once Dad has her back, he needs to leave a cell phone recording discreetly near her. Then he can upload the recordings to a computer for safe keeping. I hope they find her before her Mother does something more stupid then she’s already done.

I am curious if she took off because it feels like she will die without her daughter & she doesn't feel dad is fit or because she doesn't want dad to have her. Those are very different situations.
Sometimes we have to make sacrifices for our children that don't feel right to us as mothers but are the right thing to do bc its safest for the child. Making that call or abiding by that call can be heartbreaking for a mother. I hope she understands this predicament she is in now, takes the baby back to Dad & works to prove she is fit for visitation. It's the best she can hope for at this point. She needs to get a lawyer before she turns herself in. Family law & Criminal at this stage. I think most people will understand if she shows some grace & humility most ppl will understand.
Family court is always heartbreaking to me. If parents could just co-parent, like a business with the child's love of both parents & safety being the top priority, things would be so much btr for the entire family's mental health. Agree to disagree and not be selfish. I tell everybody I know this when they are entering a custody dispute or divorce proceedings. I even offer it to ppl that barely know me bc if youre standing there giving a stranger your side of an acrimonious custody battle, its going to be a long hard 18 years and truth be known the lifetime of your children.

It really seems like dad is trying to do the right thing. I know we do not know what goes on behind closed doors, but I am not seeing any attempt at manipulation or possessiveness of Amya.
Not sure what to make of this case yet as I just got to it. But, it is relatively rare that fathers prevail in emergency custody orders and it isn't simply because the mother didn't show up because that isn't usually enough (on the other hand if he didn't show up for a custody case he would get the worst outcome). So, when I see such things there is almost certainly more to it and some of the information on this thread bears this out. And it means there might be things that haven't been said publicly, let alone in the media, yet.

I'm on the fence here.... is he not the biological father? She was born in 2015? They met in 2017? I'm confused.

I'm on the fence here.... is he not the biological father? She was born in 2015? They met in 2017? I'm confused.
The father posted photos of the birth certificate with his name on it, the court documents, etc. on his FB page. There is zero chance that a court would award emergency custody to a man just on the guy's say so. It just does not work that way, yet Amanda's mother is all over social media trying to imply that is what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back