Found Safe KY - Amanda, 32, & Amya Otero, 3, no show for custody hearing, Logan Co., Jun 2019 *mother arrested*

This article adds the detail of where arrested.
Missing Logan County woman arrested in Warren County; child found safe - WNKY

According to the jail, Otero is charged with kidnapping a minor, third-degree terroristic threatening, intimidating a participant in the legal process and felony custodial interference.

Bowling Green police tell WNKY that Otero was arrested when she visited a Cabinet for Health and Family Services office on Suwannee Trail and police were notified.​

This article adds the detail of where arrested.
Missing Logan County woman arrested in Warren County; child found safe - WNKY

According to the jail, Otero is charged with kidnapping a minor, third-degree terroristic threatening, intimidating a participant in the legal process and felony custodial interference.

Bowling Green police tell WNKY that Otero was arrested when she visited a Cabinet for Health and Family Services office on Suwannee Trail and police were notified.​
“Amanda Otero, 32, was arrested by Bowling Green police and is lodged in the Warren County Regional Jail. Her daughter, Amya Grace Otero, 3, is safe and is now in protective custody, according to the Logan County Sheriff’s Office.”

Glad to know the little girl is safe and interestingly, in protective custody. We shall see if it is temporary and what hoops the Dad has to jump thru to regain her. I bet Gma is going to vouch for Dad so he can meet the requirements. At least that would give Amya the stability she needs.

Something isn’t right in this case as we are hearing about it.

Apparently mom had custody of Amya and dad filed for an emergency hearing. What caused this? What did Amanda do to upset dad to go to court for this custody change?

It appears we are mainly hearing about Amanda’s shooting of a person back when she was 18-20. She was eventually acquitted. I am unable to access the documents because it says I am on a private domain, therefore, what I am reading are the bits and pieces on the forum.

If she was acquitted, why is she still being talked about as if she was quilty and a terrible person?

Something isn’t right in this case as we are hearing about it.

Apparently mom had custody of Amya and dad filed for an emergency hearing. What caused this? What did Amanda do to upset dad to go to court for this custody change?

It appears we are mainly hearing about Amanda’s shooting of a person back when she was 18-20. She was eventually acquitted. I am unable to access the documents because it says I am on a private domain, therefore, what I am reading are the bits and pieces on the forum.

If she was acquitted, why is she still being talked about as if she was quilty and a terrible person?
Since there child is a minor we will not get to see the filings and allegations made in emergency temporary custody case. It could be any number of things that are enumerated in those documents by the father's attorney. Had she turned up at the emergency custody hearing things could have turned out differently in that the father's emergency temporary custody could have been denied. Heck, with the way it works in the United States where fathers have huge uphill burdens to change any aspect of child custody the father still could have lost his case even if she hadn't shown up but instead she was recorded in a call to the father's attorney's office making a threat and that, no doubt, was played to the Judge in the hearing.

Through the grapevine....I get the feeling neither one of them have been great parents....the grandmother has been taking care of the baby. So sad.

How sad for this child if that’s the case. Being ripped from the only stable person in her life. For her sake I hope that’s not the case and Dad takes care of her.

Another set of parents who will hopefully learn to co-parent better now that the court of public opinion has crucified them in social media. In this case it sounds like they both need parenting class and maybe a “how adulting really works” class. Stay employed, behave yourself, provide a stable life for your child, etc. and above all, love your child more than you hate your Ex.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back