KY KY - Andrea Knabel, 36, mother of two, Audubon Park, Louisville, 13 Aug 2019 #2

I feel like there's been a whole lot of sketchy going on from the beginning.

I only watched the Dr. Phil episode, as I don't have Discovery+ and haven't been able to find it elsewhere, but something about that Nancy lady rubs me the wrong way. I realize she helps find missing people and that's a compassionate thing, but I just got the vibe that her sudden public appearances feel more like advertisement than concern for her missing friend.

Were Mike and Erin and/or LE aware of this undercover case she was working on? Or has this all come to light recently? I know they didn't outright say she was on drugs on Dr. Phil, but I felt it was implied as a strong possibility along with other evidence. Other statements liking leading double lives and such make me wonder if Andrea was actually working undercover or was socializing with the wrong people. If drugs were involved, I feel like it becomes a lot harder to do your job professionally. I'm sure plenty of undercover agents have gotten in deep and had to do things to stay in, but Andrea wasn't LE or a federal agent, and possibly didn't have anyone who could get her out if she got in too deep.

I feel like there's been a whole lot of sketchy going on from the beginning.

I only watched the Dr. Phil episode, as I don't have Discovery+ and haven't been able to find it elsewhere, but something about that Nancy lady rubs me the wrong way. I realize she helps find missing people and that's a compassionate thing, but I just got the vibe that her sudden public appearances feel more like advertisement than concern for her missing friend.

Were Mike and Erin and/or LE aware of this undercover case she was working on? Or has this all come to light recently? I know they didn't outright say she was on drugs on Dr. Phil, but I felt it was implied as a strong possibility along with other evidence. Other statements liking leading double lives and such make me wonder if Andrea was actually working undercover or was socializing with the wrong people. If drugs were involved, I feel like it becomes a lot harder to do your job professionally. I'm sure plenty of undercover agents have gotten in deep and had to do things to stay in, but Andrea wasn't LE or a federal agent, and possibly didn't have anyone who could get her out if she got in too deep.
I don't think she was working for law enforcement in Louisville. The Detectives that I know here, seemed to think it was a product of her lifestyle. They were unconcerned, which was very disheartening. Some of the neighborhood police thought it was all for a tv show in the beginning. It has been strange from the start. Not even people in the super nosey neighborhood were that concerned. I also think it is interesting that they mention trafficking because her family owns a Russian Bride Service.

I don't think she was working for law enforcement in Louisville. The Detectives that I know here, seemed to think it was a product of her lifestyle. They were unconcerned, which was very disheartening. Some of the neighborhood police thought it was all for a tv show in the beginning. It has been strange from the start. Not even people in the super nosey neighborhood were that concerned. I also think it is interesting that they mention trafficking because her family owns a Russian Bride Service.
Russian Bride service is called A Volga Girl.

From an outsider, it sure seemed like she had a lot going on in her life and maybe wasn't hanging around the best of people before she disappeared. I certainly felt like she had either self-harmed or had maybe called one of those "friends" and gotten herself into trouble, but then the whole issue with being locked out and her phone pinging at Mom's house just added another avenue. Then it sounded like maybe Mom's house wasn't the last place she was at.

I've been trying to follow updates through various social media pages, but it seems like there is so much drama on each one that certainly isn't helping her be found. It's especially brow raising when mudslinging is coming from "professionals" who are/were supposedly trying to solve this case. It's even more disheartening to find out LE might not have taken this case too seriously either.

Is the RBS owner by immediate family? Do you think it could be connected to her disappearance? I just finished the last episode today.

Is the RBS owner by immediate family? Do you think it could be connected to her disappearance? I just finished the last episode today.
Her dad and uncles own it. One of the uncles is also involve with lots of children's foundations. hmmm

From an outsider, it sure seemed like she had a lot going on in her life and maybe wasn't hanging around the best of people before she disappeared. I certainly felt like she had either self-harmed or had maybe called one of those "friends" and gotten herself into trouble, but then the whole issue with being locked out and her phone pinging at Mom's house just added another avenue. Then it sounded like maybe Mom's house wasn't the last place she was at.

I've been trying to follow updates through various social media pages, but it seems like there is so much drama on each one that certainly isn't helping her be found. It's especially brow raising when mudslinging is coming from "professionals" who are/were supposedly trying to solve this case. It's even more disheartening to find out LE might not have taken this case too seriously either.
There is another page ran by NS and JF the retired homicide detective called “Justice for Andrea Knabel”, it is technically under “Personal Blog” and thankfully it isn’t full of drama. MOO: I find it suspicious there are 3 pages/groups ran by EK that all share seemingly discrediting posts about other investigators and less about finding AK. The groups censor discussions re: certain investigative direction. A documentary is a great way to possibly gain leads from the public. Any publicity is better than no publicity in a case that isn’t going anywhere.

MOO It is suspicious TL wouldn’t want help from JF, appears to avoid him, then there is a fire that destroys all of the files, recordings, videos, and other evidence TL tells JF he has and will share…

How do we know the files existed? Why wouldn’t you have backup files? What was the source of the fire? I thought most PIs had a LE background?
Where was AK’s last location? Did EK drive AK to her mother’s or did AK walk? EK said she drove AK to her back, TL said she walked-EK said she came back and left again when turned away-was AK driven back both times? I noticed the news journalist in the documentary had the same surname as TL-are they related? In episode 4, why did the witness retract and flop his statement? Could he have been threatened? Was NS initially threatened and that is why she returned with JF, whom she would feel safer with? I hope LMPD can work with JF and make progress finding AK-JF says in a YT interview (link below) he is receiving a lot of tips, which is great. I feel this case is solvable.

Investigation Discovery interview with MK, NS, and JF Finding Andrea

There is another page ran by NS and JF the retired homicide detective called “Justice for Andrea Knabel”, it is technically under “Personal Blog” and thankfully it isn’t full of drama. MOO: I find it suspicious there are 3 pages/groups ran by EK that all share seemingly discrediting posts about other investigators and less about finding AK. The groups censor discussions re: certain investigative direction. A documentary is a great way to possibly gain leads from the public. Any publicity is better than no publicity in a case that isn’t going anywhere.

MOO It is suspicious TL wouldn’t want help from JF, appears to avoid him, then there is a fire that destroys all of the files, recordings, videos, and other evidence TL tells JF he has and will share…

How do we know the files existed? Why wouldn’t you have backup files? What was the source of the fire? I thought most PIs had a LE background?
Where was AK’s last location? Did EK drive AK to her mother’s or did AK walk? EK said she drove AK to her back, TL said she walked-EK said she came back and left again when turned away-was AK driven back both times? I noticed the news journalist in the documentary had the same surname as TL-are they related? In episode 4, why did the witness retract and flop his statement? Could he have been threatened? Was NS initially threatened and that is why she returned with JF, whom she would feel safer with? I hope LMPD can work with JF and make progress finding AK-JF says in a YT interview (link below) he is receiving a lot of tips, which is great. I feel this case is solvable.

Investigation Discovery interview with MK, NS, and JF Finding Andrea
First time EK drove AK, and AK asked her to not leave or stay with her and second time AK walked to EK's house because they never opened the door to her. After EK told AK to go back to mom's.

First time EK drove AK, and AK asked her to not leave or stay with her and second time AK walked to EK's house because they never opened the door to her. After EK told AK to go back to mom's.
From my understanding, AK went to EK’s house the first time after having a dispute at her current residence-their mother’s house, where her younger sister SK and brother in law E(B?) were also residing temporarily working on a construction project for their mother.
AK then went to EK’s house for refuge. EK turned AK away and AK went back to her mother’s house where she had been locked out.
AK went back to EK’s for second time for assistance, as she had nowhere to go. EK turned her away a second time, then AK went back to her mother’s where she was still locked out?
Which time did EK drive AK back?

Where was Mom staying? Was Andrea not allowed to stay with her mom?
AK’s mother was living in her house, where AK, SK, and EB were all currently residing. In episode 4, M, a friend of AK stated AK was locked out regularly “for no reason”. Did AK ever have keys to her mother’s house? Did SK have keys?

Mom was not staying all the time. House was under remodelation/repairs. EB was doing the work. He has a construction Co.
Where was Mom staying? Why were AK, SK, and EB staying in the house during construction instead of all staying elsewhere?

Oh my goodness!!! I watched the case kind of closely when she first went missing then just checked in here tonight and am lost and blown away by what I’m inferring from these last posts! So apologies for asking and being behind! But where can I find these episodes y’all are referring to?! At the beginning I really felt for her because of what little I could glean about possible family dynamics and being locked out… I need to catch up! Thanks for carrying through with the search!!!

Oh my goodness!!! I watched the case kind of closely when she first went missing then just checked in here tonight and am lost and blown away by what I’m inferring from these last posts! So apologies for asking and being behind! But where can I find these episodes y’all are referring to?! At the beginning I really felt for her because of what little I could glean about possible family dynamics and being locked out… I need to catch up! Thanks for carrying through with the search!!!
The full 4 episode series is available to stream on Discovery+ definitely worth the watch!
https://www.investigationdiscovery....appearance-of-louisville-mother-andrea-knabel

Where was Mom staying? Why were AK, SK, and EB staying in the house during construction instead of all staying elsewhere?
I’m guessing SK and EB lived out of town so it made sense to stay there?

Yes he sure did , and the detective also publicly said it on investigative discovery . Not sure who this retired detective is , but he needs to get with it. IMO
Where she/ her phone was last is HUGE.

The PI publicly says it in the Investigative Discovery Episode #1 - I'm currently watching it. He also says they execute a search warrant on the mom's house after interviewing Sarah and Ethan twice. When the father is interviewed the interviewer notes that only Sarah and Ethan are interviewed by investigators twice, but that that father and Erin and interviewed by investigators once - which of course is interesting. Abruptly after their SECOND interview, Sarah and Ethan pack up and move to Lexington, KY, according to Investigative Discovery, "Finding Andrea" Episode 1, "Local Mom".

One question I have is, usually with a search warrant, you would be allowed to bring cadaver dogs into the home. However no one in the documentary mentions the use of cadaver dogs. In fact, the PI mentions that they didn't find any evidence of a "struggle" or any obvious signs of "blood" in the home. But he didn't mention bringing any kind of device, mechanical or living, to detect for human remains.... it would be interesting to know if they did use cadaver dogs... or if they would be able to go back and use that sort of indicator today.
While I do think the father's behavior is bizarre (and based on what I have read of this thread, I'll assume it gets more bizarre, so far I think he has not backed up Sarah or Ethan - he has just acted like a Southern smooth it over father... but certainly not a cover-up-a-murder sort of guy). MOO

So there were no cameras at her mothers house or any of the neighbors.

No one heard Andrea come back at 1:38am and attempt to get in the house.

I don’t imagine Andrea quietly knocking at the door. No dogs barking at loud raised voices. No repeated bangs on the door demanding to be let in.

Nothing happened when she returned from Erin’s house - after what appears to be a emotional family ultimatum to no longer let Andrea live at her mothers house.

JMO

This timeline is hard to follow, there is a lot more in the new doc. IMO it appears an ultimatum-but late at night? I’m confused. EK says in the doc AK came to her house twice that night/was turned away. This is why I’m trying to clarify who had the keys to the house (because someone had to have keys)? In the doc the house is referred to as their mother’s; SK & EB (both) were there temporarily bc EBs construction/working on the mother’s bathroom. If mother wasn’t staying there at the time, did SK & EB have authority to evict AK out of their mother’s house when the mother was not present? With SK & EB only there temporarily, what made it necessary to kick AK out?

In episodes 2-4, JF, the retired homicide detective, interviews neighbors, one who agrees to be recorded but off camera. The neighbor says she heard fighting regularly at the house but was never sure what the arguments were about. What was going on? In the ID Interview: Finding Andrea (previously linked above but I can link again if needed!), 4 days before the final episode, MK says the 2nd time AK returns to EK’s house after being locked out, EK called him to ask what to do….this is early morning AM. Anyways, he says EK is getting a lot of criticism for her decisions that night and he says he wants everyone to know EK just did what he (MK) told her to do when she called him so it is his fault not hers.

With all due respect, MOO, it is incredibly odd a grown woman needs to call her Dad at earlyAMo’clock, for advice about what to do in a situation involving her sister she is close to, who needs somewhere to stay after being locked out by the other sister. There could be many reasons, it just appears there is missing information to this story. Personally, I wouldn’t want to call my parents at such an unorthodox hour unless it was an emergency-they would be extremely alarmed and I wouldn’t want to worry them if it was a somewhat mundane event as I interpreted EK’s account in the Finding Andrea documentary.

If like EK says in the doc, she told AK she couldn’t stay the second time and AK “cried” and went home, when did EK call MK for advice about what to do (as he states occurred in the YT ID interview hours before the final episode of the doc aired)? M, a friend of AK’s interviewed twice in Episode 4 “Black Sheep”, says he was told by EK/AK’s family not to talk to anyone for the first year, that they “seemed more concerned about their reputation than finding AK”. In the ID YT Interview, JF says he is receiving a lot of tips from people who were told not to talk-who is telling them not to talk?

MK also states in episode 2 of the doc, SK warned him about EB, to be careful because “he knows how to make people disappear.” Could this be related to the silence? This case is heartbreaking.
I’m going to watch the 4 episodes again and take some notes for more adequate timestamps for discussion.

I’m guessing SK and EB lived out of town so it made sense to stay there?
Yes SK and EB were staying there at Mom’s during construction but had a home out of town. So it is Mom’s House, she isn’t staying there, AK was staying there, SK & EB were staying temporarily, how did SK & EB kick AK out of a house that wasn’t their house? How/Why did they lock out AK?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back