Deceased/Not Found KY - Andrew Compton, 18, Sullivan U student, 28 Oct 2010 *G. O'Bryan guilty*

I thought of another place to possibly look nearby. There is an abandoned train station platform/bridge type area near Baxter and E Liberty that I have taken photos for my guy friends' band at before. You have to go under these double railroad bridges and then up into a pretty dark concrete rubble building looking structure to get to the tracks and platforms. The last time I went there was a few years ago when I was 18. I remember there being mattresses, trash, alcohol bottles, and graffiti everywhere. It may be somewhere to check out because it is a pretty secluded area and abandoned except for the homeless who possibly sleep there. It's not too far of a walk to make from Lucia and Bardstown, but I usually turn around at the Cave Hill Cemetery part of Baxter Avenue when walking at night. I'm not sure if I would be as reluctant if I were a guy though.

Not only is Cherokee a good place to hide a body because of its heavily wooded areas. It is also known as a hangout for gay rendezvous. And bodies have been found in the park before. And that is the place I would be searching if someone I knew was missing from the Highlands area.

As far as the cameras go. I know there are cameras down on the lower part of Bardstown Rd. on Baxter Ave. Where Cave Hill Cemetery is at. But I don't know how far up Bardstown road they go. I live right at Cave Hill so, I'll look tomorrow when I am out.

hey MOM, I think I will not let the kids play there anymore.

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=13460865

LOUISVILLE, KY (WDRB) -- Members of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children have now joined the search effort for a missing Sullivan University student.

The parents of 18-year old Andrew Compton were meeting with a member of that organization Monday night, according to Andrew's brother, Derek.

Video for this news story shows Andrew on the surveillance video leaving his dorm.

“And the person he left with does say he picked Andrew up from his dormitory,” Angela said.

That man, who has not been named a suspect, told Louisville Police Andrew left his home on foot later that night. Angela said something is not adding up.

“I’m not comfortable with it at all. I think we need proof of what he says to be true and we don’t have it,” she said."

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/hamilton_county/family-searches-for-missing-carmel-grad

BohémskýCharakter;5779406 said:
I thought of another place to possibly look nearby. There is an abandoned train station platform/bridge type area near Baxter and E Liberty that I have taken photos for my guy friends' band at before. You have to go under these double railroad bridges and then up into a pretty dark concrete rubble building looking structure to get to the tracks and platforms. The last time I went there was a few years ago when I was 18. I remember there being mattresses, trash, alcohol bottles, and graffiti everywhere. It may be somewhere to check out because it is a pretty secluded area and abandoned except for the homeless who possibly sleep there. It's not too far of a walk to make from Lucia and Bardstown, but I usually turn around at the Cave Hill Cemetery part of Baxter Avenue when walking at night. I'm not sure if I would be as reluctant if I were a guy though.

And a body had been found there not to long ago actually. And bodies have been found in the creek right there below the trains.

I have lived in this area for my entire life and raised tequila shots here. It is normally a safe place and I never had a problem with letting tequila shots and her sister out to play. But of course this neighborhood as well as every other place has changed over the years. I still feel comfortable here and hardly ever lock my doors.

At the corner of Baxter and Broadway right at Cave hill you can see the cameras they are white. I don't know how far up Baxter or Bardstown they go.

Video for this news story shows Andrew on the surveillance video leaving his dorm.

“And the person he left with does say he picked Andrew up from his dormitory,” Angela said.

That man, who has not been named a suspect, told Louisville Police Andrew left his home on foot later that night. Angela said something is not adding up.

“I’m not comfortable with it at all. I think we need proof of what he says to be true and we don’t have it,” she said."

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/hamilton_county/family-searches-for-missing-carmel-grad

Andrew's mother has incredible composure considering what the family is going through.

I've lived in Louisville my whole life as well, but we're over in J-Town :) I asked on the Andrew Facebook page if there has been a search of Cherokee Park yet, and haven't gotten a response. If there hasn't been a thorough search there, I think it needs to be done asap. I would be glad to help. And Bohemsky, I don't think it would hurt to check out places like the one you mentioned.

Dagum it .... these PERVERTS need to stop preying on our children !!!

RIP, dear Andrew. Praying for your family to find strength and peace.

The age difference bugs me, especially when Andrew met this person online. Seems predatory. 18 year old Andrew may have been naive, which is what those predators look for in a victim.

First thing that came to my mind also. An older person knows most 18 year olds are really just kids still. They know they can influence them and take advantage of them. Sad to see this one end this way, but it doesn't really surprise me.

Oh....So sad.

My prayers go out to Andrew's family. I am so sorry for your loss.

Salem

I was so praying this would turn out better than this. RIP Andrew! My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back