KY KY - Brookelyn Farthing, 18, Berea, 22 Jun 2013

still missing: http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

It's been more than three years since Brookelyn Farthing disappeared. The teen reportedly disappeared in the early hours of June 22, 2013, from a friend's home outside Berea, Kentucky. Brookelyn, 18 at the time, had spent the night with her younger sister, cousin, and some friends at a party. When the group decided to head home for the night, Brookelyn decided to stay. The details after the preceding hours are hazy, but it was around 4:00 a.m. the next morning, when several of her friends said they received text messages from Brookelyn. One of the messages said she need a ride home, 'because I'm scared.' Several hours later, the friend, whose rural home Brookelyn was at, told police he left to let some horses out. He told police he returned home to find burn damage from a small fire and no sign of Brookelyn. A massive search was launched, but turned up little evidence. To date, police have not named any persons of interest or suspects in the case. Brookelyn's family has a website, findbrookefarthing.com, and has offered a $14,000 reward "for information leading to the return of Brookelyn Farthing or capture and conviction of those responsible for her disappearance."

brooklyn_farthing_update_final_61982230d1d007e339516b401ef85feb-nbcnews-ux-2880-1000_6966788a1766797201760247bca23a9e.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

Bumping for Brooke.
Can't believe it's been nearly 4 years.
There is nothing new on this end. We were asked to search our property for disturbances (because we live near the site of the party and have a lot of land) but didn't find anything. I know in my heart that she's dead. And I have a VERY strong feeling that more than one person is involved in this. It is almost impossible for more than two people to keep a secret. Someone will crack eventually. A friend of mine knows someone in LE and the general feeling seems to be that they know who did it but are waiting for that one big smoking gun to charge them. I am afraid that might not come. If the couch hadn't been burnt, and then left to the elements, then I am almost certain they would have found her DNA on it: vomit, blood, or urine.

I have really wanted to write a TRUE crime book about this case like I have others. However, the family has been so secretive and reluctant to speak to the media and give interviews, I don't think I could get them on board. Poor Brooke. I hope she gets justice one day.

I run a podcast and I am working on putting Brooke's story, along with the timeline and evidence that's been collected, on my next episode. When it goes live I'll contact the admins here and see if I can post a link. Most people haven't heard her story and, with so much time passed now, I feel like it's time to go back to the beginning and look at it with fresh eyes in a linear fashion.

i just stumbled across this thread and read through all 15 pages , i hope something is herd soon , poor girl and her poor family still waiting for answers.

A storage unit facility on one of our main roads used to have a huge poster with Brooke's face on it. It was a banner, about 10 feet long or something. I've watched it slowly deteriorate over the years. First, it came undone at one of the corners. Then the wind and rain beat it up a little. When I drove by two days ago, it was gone. All the posters and signs have come down and I believe the case is now considered "cold." Poor Brookelyn.

A storage unit facility on one of our main roads used to have a huge poster with Brooke's face on it. It was a banner, about 10 feet long or something. I've watched it slowly deteriorate over the years. First, it came undone at one of the corners. Then the wind and rain beat it up a little. When I drove by two days ago, it was gone. All the posters and signs have come down and I believe the case is now considered "cold." Poor Brookelyn.

Sad, what you wrote.... In about a month it will be 4-years.

So very sad and after reading all the posts it seems that this case could be solvable..LE should continue pressure on their leads..this was a young woman whose life was just beginning..I pray for her family to get answers, jusctice and hopefully closure although that will never end their pain..What can people in the area do to keep her case in the news and relieve some of the heartache there...let her family know that those of us just learning of this case, keep them in our prayers.

Four years ago, Brooke graduated from high school and was starting her summer vacation. She was a beautiful, blonde, teenager with her whole life ahead of her. She liked country music, wearing little dresses with her cowboy boots, hanging out with her friends, and riding horses. Like many others in our area, she went to a party out in a field with people she'd known all her life. There is only one public high school in our town. Her friends were people she'd grown up with. Later that night, she caught a ride home with someone and, after getting creeped out by something that was going on, pleaded with other friends to come and get her. By 7am, she was gone. She has not been seen or heard from since. By now, she might be graduating from college. She could have a husband or children.

We are a small town. It is an artsy community where we still have folk dances on Saturday nights and traditional Applalachian crafts are made right on Main Street. Very little crime, although drug abuse is rampant, as it is is many rural places these days. The Appalachian Mountains encircle the county, providing foilage and cliffs. Once a year, school is let out for "Mountain Day" so that the students can go hiking. Everyone knows each other. We don't have big chain stores-just a Walmart-and everything still closes down on Sunday.

Brooke's disappearance is something that many of us cannot wrap our heads around.

This case is totally solvable. However, given our terrain and geographical limits, I do not believe her body will be found by accident. Not only do we have thousands of acres of forest, but we have hundreds of creeks, lakes, and ponds here. And a massive cave system-not to mention countless old wells and cisterns. From the last point she was seen on Dillon Court, within 20 minutes someone could have been in the forest, at a lake, to the river, in a cave, etc. There have been many searches on 4-wheelers, foot, and horseback but so far no clues have been uncovered.

I continue to hope that someone cracks and talks. I have a strong feeling that more than one person was involved in what happened. Whether it was an accidental death that was covered up out of fear or a more insidious attack, I hope that one day the heavy burden of guilt will weigh someone down and that they'll speak up. Brooke deserves to be found.

Thank you for sharing that, Alisha8191!

Direct link to above mentioned article here:

http://www.richmondregister.com/new...cle_c438ae5c-586b-11e7-99c0-f779da6ffe56.html

Snipped:

“In the early morning hours, Brooke spoke with Paige by phone and told her she would be home once a friend got off work and could give her a ride,” the statement on FindBrookeFarthing.com continued. “Brooke sent several text messages making plans for the next day. She also sent messages about feeling unsafe where she was.”

After the party ended, Farthing got a ride with a male friend. Her last known location was at the home of man on Dillon Court in Berea, off US 421, not far from Red Lick Road. It had no running water or electricity service, according to previous news reports.

I was wondering although the burnt couch was never collected as evidence, it was said Brook's father reported that LE had gone over it with a "fine tooth comb" for any evidence. Was anything found on the couch as far as DNA? Also, is there even a remote possibility that she was sold into the sex slave trade? I've read multiple posts/comments about drugs and sex trade being active in the area. Could she have been scared because there was someone else sketchy at that house? Was the owners vehicle of the home she was last seen at ever processed? For anyone local, it sounds like a small town were everyone knows eachother. Has the home owner remained local? Does he talk about her disappearance?

I was wondering although the burnt couch was never collected as evidence, it was said Brook's father reported that LE had gone over it with a "fine tooth comb" for any evidence. Was anything found on the couch as far as DNA? Also, is there even a remote possibility that she was sold into the sex slave trade? I've read multiple posts/comments about drugs and sex trade being active in the area. Could she have been scared because there was someone else sketchy at that house? Was the owners vehicle of the home she was last seen at ever processed? For anyone local, it sounds like a small town were everyone knows eachother. Has the home owner remained local? Does he talk about her disappearance?

The couch WAS gone over, but not before it set out on the sidewalk, open to the elements, for two weeks. So whatever was left on it was almost certainly difficult to find. They've never released information pertaining to DNA. I think the sex trade *could* be a possibility, especially considering how young and pretty she was, but I don't think that's what happened here. Although Berea sets on I-75, the idea of sexual slavery, and being sold into it, is kind of a foreign concept here. It's something we occasionally talk about, but there is no anecdotal evidence to support it. Now, the drug trade is something else. People from Detroit make runs through here every week and Berea is definitely on THAT route.

Homeowner is still in the area, as are all the other key players. Actually, several from that night have been arrested for various things and at least one passed away from an overdose. One of the guy's vehicles was processed, but not the other. He has never publicly been interviewed or made any kind of statement.

I don't want to violate TOS so I can't bring up social media or anything like that. I can say, however, that through the grapevine there has been talk about what happened from people who might be close to the situation. (Not directly involved but close enough.) I believe that if that couch had been processed sooner, DNA from either vomit or semen (or both) would have been discovered. My own personal theory, strictly based on MSM reports, is that there were several people in the house with her and that she felt threatened. I believe she was attacked. (Texting "I'm scared" first.) And I don't think that was her texting her ex and telling him that she was leaving for another party. I think that was someone covering their tracks. Her death might have been accidental during the attack. I used to think that a drug overdose was involved, but I am starting to doubt that. Unfortunately, overdoses are fairly common here; there would be no real reason to cover it up.

The couch WAS gone over, but not before it set out on the sidewalk, open to the elements, for two weeks. So whatever was left on it was almost certainly difficult to find. They've never released information pertaining to DNA. I think the sex trade *could* be a possibility, especially considering how young and pretty she was, but I don't think that's what happened here. Although Berea sets on I-75, the idea of sexual slavery, and being sold into it, is kind of a foreign concept here. It's something we occasionally talk about, but there is no anecdotal evidence to support it. Now, the drug trade is something else. People from Detroit make runs through here every week and Berea is definitely on THAT route.

Homeowner is still in the area, as are all the other key players. Actually, several from that night have been arrested for various things and at least one passed away from an overdose. One of the guy's vehicles was processed, but not the other. He has never publicly been interviewed or made any kind of statement.

I don't want to violate TOS so I can't bring up social media or anything like that. I can say, however, that through the grapevine there has been talk about what happened from people who might be close to the situation. (Not directly involved but close enough.) I believe that if that couch had been processed sooner, DNA from either vomit or semen (or both) would have been discovered. My own personal theory, strictly based on MSM reports, is that there were several people in the house with her and that she felt threatened. I believe she was attacked. (Texting "I'm scared" first.) And I don't think that was her texting her ex and telling him that she was leaving for another party. I think that was someone covering their tracks. Her death might have been accidental during the attack. I used to think that a drug overdose was involved, but I am starting to doubt that. Unfortunately, overdoses are fairly common here; there would be no real reason to cover it up.

A really sad case. Surprised it wasn't solved, and agree that most unlikely anything to do with sex-traffic was involved (sex-traffic usually is mentioned in cases I follow, but I've never have seen it take place in cases I follow here).

A really sad case. Surprised it wasn't solved, and agree that most unlikely anything to do with sex-traffic was involved (sex-traffic usually is mentioned in cases I follow, but I've never have seen it take place in cases I follow here).

I see sex trafficking come up a lot in many of these cases, too, but like you I've yet to see a case where trafficking turns out to be the reason. It's usually much simpler: someone is killed by accident during an assault, jealousy or rage, drug overdose that makes everyone panic, etc.

We really don't have the resources to put much time and money into working the case here, which is awful. I don't think it WILL be solved until A) someone cracks and leaks information that leads to concrete evidence (her body) or B) a hunter comes upon her body during a random outing. B is going to be difficult, simply due to the amount of caves, sinkholes, abandoned wells, etc. If they were smart about where they took her, she'll never be found.

This is totally my own speculation and based on absolutely nothing but it sure would be helpful if someone caught something on their phone-a picture or video that could be useful. And, who knows, maybe they did. As of now, however, everything is pure speculation.

OT: This area sees a lot of country music fans. Brooke was known to have cowboy boots and to be a "country girl." There was a Tim McGraw song that came out the year she disappeared and now, whenever I hear it, I get shivers. It's about a boy picking up a girl before a big field party. She's putting on her makeup and clothes, they're driving out to the country in their pickup to party with their friends, etc. That pretty much sums up her last night. It's a happy song but whenever I hear it, it makes me sad.

I, for one, would gladly contribute to a funding of new banners, and posters, to keep Brooke's story on everyone's minds. It would also show the perp(s) that Brooke will NEVER be forgotten.

How do we even begin something like that?

Great idea! If the perps are still in the area, it would be great to let them know that people from outside their little area remember Brook and "new comers" to this case are looking for justice!! I could be totally wrong, but this case seems so obvious and should have been solved!
I, for one, would gladly contribute to a funding of new banners, and posters, to keep Brooke's story on everyone's minds. It would also show the perp(s) that Brooke will NEVER be forgotten.

How do we even begin something like that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back