KY KY - Worthville, 3 Sets Skeletal Remains: Cranium/UP58056, Mandible A/UP58057, Mandible B/UP58058, Stolen Artifacts, May'18

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Residents say dog found human remains at abandoned trailer
cache.php

WORTHVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Residents in Carroll County say human remains were found under an abandoned trailer. Authorities are now investigating what could have happened and who the bones belong to.

The remains were found at an abandoned trailer off Faith Street at Worthville Manor. The Carroll County Sheriff's Office and the coroner wouldn't talk to WAVE 3 News on camera on Tuesday.

Sarah Norman lives right next to the abandoned trailer.

"No one lives there," Norman said. "It burned down and they just moved it back there. No one is supposed to go in it."
It's hard to walk in the area surrounding the abandoned trailer. There is high grass and it's muddy.

"I was sitting on the porch and Rocks had came up under that trailer there," said Norman. Rocks is a neighborhood rottweiler.

"Came out the front door and my dog was going crazy," resident Tammy Sculley said. "He had a bone in his mouth. Looks like a fake skull. So, I got it and took it out and he ran right back and got another jaw there and partial of a skull."

"We thought they were fake," Norman said. "We were gonna put them in a fish tank."

"I live next to a cemetery so, I thought someone was playing a joke on me," Sculley said.
To be safe, Sculley packed up the bones and took them to the Carroll County Sheriff's Office.
"They are definitely human remains, they was confirmed," Sculley said. "That is the only reason they came out.."
"Pretty crazy, just a normal day," Norman said. "Then got a whole back yard full of coroner's, K9's, and cops and they are bringing skeletons out."
"They wouldn't tell us what they brought out in the bag because they said they found something else." Sculley said.
Norman and Sculley believe there were at least two skulls because, that is what Rocks found. As of now, there's no information on how long the bones had been there, how the people died, or who they belong to. Sculley and Norman did say there is a drug problem in the area.
http://www.wave3.com/story/38142420/residents-say-dog-found-human-remains-at-abandoned-trailer

I don’t know if it’s my tired brain but the only Carroll County news about missing people is the Carroll County in Indiana where Liberty and Abby were killed.

Not much for Carroll County KY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know if it’s my tired brain but the only Carroll County news about missing people is the Carroll County in Indiana where Liberty and Abby were killed.

Not much for Carroll County KY.

I couldn't find any active missing persons cases in Carroll County, KY either.

ETA: Oh, wait there is one case of a man who walked away from a nursing home in1982: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12697/

But it's 8 miles away from Worthville. Seems unlikely to be him. JMO.

There’s a few cases in Ky of two people going missing together or on the same day. The location is in between two decent sized cities (although a good distance) and not far from the state line. So there’s a number of old possibilities.

WORTHVILLE, KY (WAVE) - The Carroll County Coroner has confirmed that bones found under an abandoned trailer are human remains.

WAVE 3 News was the first to tell you about this story on Tuesday.

The Carroll County coroner David Wilhoite said he and the Sheriff's office will be back out to the trailer on Thursday to investigate further.
No information has been released about what could have happened, who the bones belong to or how long they had been there.
WAVE 3 News did speak to the owner of the property, he declined to go on camera. He said he doesn't know what happened but, says law enforcement was on the property for hours on Monday.
http://www.wave3.com/story/38142420/residents-say-dog-found-human-remains-at-abandoned-trailer

[h=3]Grim discovery under abandoned trailer confirmed to be human remains[/h]
WORTHVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A small community in Carroll County is abuzz after a story first reported by WAVE 3 News.

Monday, a dog discovered bones underneath an abandoned trailer off Highway 227.

Wednesday, the Carroll County coroner, David Wilhoite, confirmed the bones are human remains.

Reporter Maira Ansari went back to the Worthville community on Wednesday. Once WAVE 3 News reported on the bones being found, everyone in town was talking about it.
No information has been released about what could have happened. Who they were, how they died, and how long they have been there is still unknown.

The trashed mobile home has been there for about five years, the property owner said.
"I drive past it every day and yes it's an eyesore," Rider said.

An eyesore, but no one in Worthville expected human bones to be under it. Everyone is wondering the same thing -- what happened?

"I'm just curious like everyone else," Rogers said. "I want to know too."

Howell added: "They should find out who they was."

"Something like that happening here just don't seem right but, ya never know," Rider said.

Wilhoite said he and the sheriff's office will be back out to the trailer on Thursday to investigate further. WAVE 3 News will bring you updates on this story as they become available.
http://www.wave3.com/story/38154783...andoned-trailer-confirmed-to-be-human-remains

Here's an unexpected development...

Woman charged for lying about human remains found under trailer in Carroll County
Marshall now says that the bones were artifacts stolen by two unidentified suspects from an unspecified location. The bones were then given to Sculley to use in her fish tank. He says she changed her mind and fabricated the story about the dog.

Currently, the bones are in a lab and authorities are trying to determine how old they are. The sheriff says there’s nothing to suggest foul play because the bones were in an artifact collection.

Another article:
TAMMY+SCULLEY+16+9.jpg

WORTHVILLE, Ky. (WKYT) - The Carroll County Sheriff's Office says a woman is facing a charge of falsely reporting an incident after she lied to deputies about human bones.

WDRB reports Sheriff Phillip Marshall has now determined the bones are artifacts, and the bones were stolen and given to 40-year-old Tammy Sculley to use in her fish tank.

Marshall also told media during a news conference Sculley changed her mind about using the bones in her fish tank before fabricating a story about a dog digging up the bones from under an abandoned trailer.

Investigators are trying to determine how old the bones are.

Authorities say there are two other burglary suspects involved in this case who they believe stole the artifacts.
Sheriff: Kentucky woman lied about human remains found

Police: Human bones not found beneath Kentucky trailer; part of elaborate scheme
WAVE-3 (Louisville, KY)
6/7/2018

"Carroll County Sheriff Phillip Marshall said the bones were antiquities that two people
stole from a building. The bones were given to Tammy Sculley to use in her fish tank.

Marshall said Sculley got nervous about the bones and made up a story about her dog
finding the remains under an abandoned trailer off Faith Street at Worthville Manor"
"Lewis' report led police to the same people who are accused of
breaking into a storage property and stealing the bones

Sheriff Marshall said the bones are artifacts. They are
currently at a lab being tested
for their age and origin"

She was dumb for making up the story about the dog finding the bones, but this is crazy.

WHO KEEPS HUMAN REMAINS IN THEIR STORAGE UNIT???
AND WHO PUTS HUMAN REMAINS IN THEIR FISH TANK???
AND WHY DO THEY DESCRIBE THIS AS "AN ELABORATE SCHEME???"
It's definitely "something," but I don't know if that's the right phrase.

I'd get curious/concerned if someone gave me (real) bones to put in my fish tank, but I'm too lazy to make up that kind of a story, let alone report it to the police.

When they are called "artifacts," what exactly does that mean? Were they interred in an old abandoned cemetery and collected by sightseers? There are ways to check on whether there used to be a cemetery in certain areas, if anybody knows where they originally came from.
I hope they do their studies right. This could be a murder victim or missing person or something.

I finally have a new computer and I'm not used to WS since it was revamped or reformatted or whatever you'd call it.
So pardon me if my post looks funny. I don't think I'm putting in quotes from the links properly.

Good Lord... I just saw the pic of the dog that "found" the bones. She really did put a lot of effort into making a strange story seem strange in a different way. Poor doggie. He made it into the news and it was all a lie!

Last edited:
I really wonder where the bones really came from before getting put into some KY storage unit.
Old cemetery? Indian grave? Some kind of twisted "memento" a vet had when they came back from a war? Stolen from a museum? Where???

They're just as big of a mystery now as when "the dog found them under the trailer."

Apparently it is legal to own human bones... eBay even allowed the sale of such until July of 2016.

Human Skulls Are Being Sold Online, But Is It Legal?

Whether it was ever legal or not... Is that kind of thing NORMAL???
I wonder what eBay category you'd have gone to if you were looking for dead people parts. I've gotten plenty of crazy stuff off eBay. But not actual human bones!

My mom's an MD and I've heard plenty of strange/sickening stories from her Med school and Residency days (1970's near Philly). And I've seen some nasty things in her old textbooks. But she left all of the real really nasty stuff at the hospital.

Am I missing something? She called the police to report that Rocks had found human remains. These remains were actually stolen from a storage unit and given to her for her fish tank. Wouldn't it have been easier to just shut her mouth, dispose of them and go about her life. Why call attention to whatever this is? Thinking there is something more going on here. Just no clue what or why.

As I basically said earlier... Who keeps human remains in their storage unit? Who gives people human remains to put in their fish tank?

I wonder if they are what I would consider "artifacts" (jewelry, etc) or human remains.
Kinda weird that I found this story a few days after the Carrollton story without actually looking for a something like this.

Kentucky man sentenced in Native American artifacts theft
WKYT
(Lexington, KY)
6/10/2018
(story is actually about a small town in the county south of Bowling Green, KY)
A Kentucky man has been sentenced to 15 months in prison for removing and selling artifacts from Native American graves.

Federal prosecutors say in a news release 60-year-old Gary Womack of Woodburn was sentenced last week in Bowling Green federal court for his guilty plea to three felony violations of the Archaeological Resources Protection Act.
...Womack bought artifacts recovered from an Indian burial mound in Indiana and sold them to an undercover federal agent.

Last edited:
Reactions: nao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie