Found Safe KY - Charlee Campbell, 2, *autistic* & Pitbull Terrier Named Penny, Bullitt County, 7 Jun 2018

YAY!

Curious about the timing of this, though, if the sheriff thinks it's custodial. Why let people flood the woods today if he thinks the mom (or a family friend) has her?

"Tinnell said Charlee’s grandparents have custody of the girl and have had issues with her mom. Her father lives in Bowling Green and has not seen the girl since September." SBBM

I'm glad about it, bc it covers more ground, just in case, but something still feels hinky to me.

Off to spelunk... :)

Last edited:
So that might explain why the dog is still missing and why a pit bull would go with someone he knew very well vs. a stranger. Mom could also have a key to the house to be able to get in and take the girl and her dog and go. Then leave the door open to make it look like she left on her own to through people off. I believe on one of the FB news channels that it took a little bit to locate the mom.

This of course is all my opinion and not fact.

YAY!

Curious about the timing of this, though, if the sheriff thinks it's custodial. Why let people flood the woods today if he thinks the mom (or a family friend) has her?

"Tinnell said Charlee’s grandparents have custody of the girl and have had issues with her mom. Her father lives in Bowling Green and has not seen the girl since September." SBBM

I'm glad about it, bc it covers more ground, just in case, but something still feels hinky to me.

Off to spelunk... :)

If Charlee isn't out in the woods, the extra searchers can't do any harm and they can feel that they're doing *something*.

If the abduction theory is wrong, then the extra searchers might find Charlee.

It seems they wanted to have everything as clear as possible for the tracker dogs during the daytime yesterday and then the IR cameras last night. But it's a huge wooded area and a child of 2 to 3 years old isn't going to stick to official trails.

So I think LE are just trying to cover everything, which is exactly what they should do.

Interesting that there is a report there of the grandparents having issues with Charlee's mom, and also interesting that it's the mom's husband who's been arrested on another matter at such a time?

Same here!

Wondering if the grandparent's have custody and either their daughter or son (whichever is Charlee's parent) took her away in the wee hours? Guessing they took Penney bc the dog is bonded with Charlee and comforts her?

IMO, if Charlee was taken, it was surely done by someone very close to the Campbells; otherwise, seems Penney would have barked or put up a struggle.

All of this is simply my opinion, of course... I want to believe this is a custody issue (albeit misguided) rather than a little girl being lost in the woods or water.
I'm really hoping that's the case that Penny would have gone nuts had it been a stranger and alerted everyone in the house that there was an intruder. It makes sense.

So according to articles posted, it could be either parent who got Charlee. The grandparents have had problems with the mother, and with the father, although he is further away from where Charlee lives with her grandparents.

I hope whoever has her realizes this isn't going to turn out well for them, they are not going to be getting custody of her and bring her back where she legally belongs right now. If they wanted custody down the line, I would think this pretty much blows it for them. IMO

If Charlee isn't out in the woods, the extra searchers can't do any harm and they can feel that they're doing *something*.

If the abduction theory is wrong, then the extra searchers might find Charlee.

It seems they wanted to have everything as clear as possible for the tracker dogs during the daytime yesterday and then the IR cameras last night. But it's a huge wooded area and a child of 2 to 3 years old isn't going to stick to official trails.

So I think LE are just trying to cover everything, which is exactly what they should do.

Interesting that there is a report there of the grandparents having issues with Charlee's mom, and also interesting that it's the mom's husband who's been arrested on another matter at such a time?

Oh, I agree - better safe than sorry! Just the timing is odd and was searching for a hidden clue there. People were turned away last night and this morning, then suddenly it's all are welcome! Leading me to think that the sheriff really does believe it's a custody issue but let's flood the woods, just in case. (I didn't state that well in my first post nor in this reply, but think you'll grasp what I'm stumbling to say. I didn't sleep last night, so am blurry-brained.)

I read that it's the mom's boyfriend who was arrested, not her husband. The dad from Bowling Green was cleared, not having seen Charlee since Sept. (linked in my post above)

Hmmmm... just hoping they find her soon, no matter where she is or with whom!

the search could actually be more for the dog thinking whoever took charlee killed the dog.

Why would someone who cared enough about Charlee to take her over a custodial dispute hurt the one thing she loves, her dog Penny? Seems the dog knew the family friend and more likely was taken with Charlee to comfort her. MOO, etc.

Hayden Ristevski‏ @HaydenWDRB 6m6 minutes ago
NEW: Bullitt Co. Sheriff says a person of interest has been taken into custody. He’s a family friend who is being questioned because he may have been seen near the home during the early morning hours yesterday. Charlee still has not been found. She’s been missing for 26 hours

On her twitter feed, she responds to a question and says
"Fire officials told us this yesterday, but today the sheriff and the family said she is not autistic." (bbm)

I wasn't sure if that had been posted yet.

Last edited:
<modsnip>

From what I gather, mom's husband was arrested on an out of state warrant, unrelated to this - and another person (the family friend) was detained today, as a person of interest. Some of today's arrests are already posted but I haven't seen a name in MSM yet.

*modsnipped quoted post with name of someone who has not been named a suspect by LE

Last edited by a moderator:

Hmmmm, big long list! <modsnip> So, not the person of interest/family friend noted by sheriff this morning, but maybe Mom's husband/BF who he said was arrested ystrday? I've seen the him listed both ways in diff MSM reports.

Shades of Emily Glass being stepmom/GF. Aughghghhh.

*modsnipped- names someone who has not been named by LE as suspect

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708