KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by KateB, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

2. steelman

steelman Former Member

3. AmandaSkis

AmandaSkis Well-Known Member

Confusing, yes, as the update is dated October 16, yet as Steelman noted, Nick was fired a long time ago. I guess this news station is just now getting around to writing this.

I want so badly for law-enforcement to find crystal. I want these two brothers to quit feeling so smug.

4. stefanrae

stefanrae New Member

It is confusing! But I noticed what I thought was the "update" is October 16, 2015. I think maybe that's the original story and it was updated 8/2016.

5. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

Imo. The brother was on the job when he helped conceal his brothers murder.

So the department doesn't want to pay Crystals family millions of dollars since one of their own helped cover it up while on shift.

So imo.

This is why Crystal still has no justice. Jmo.

The county doesn't want to be sued.

6. AmandaSkis

AmandaSkis Well-Known Member

Combine the issues with Nick in Crystal's case with the complete lack of any murder charge for the awful slaying of Officer Jason Ellis, and I'm thinking there's something stinky with LE in that area.

7. bflocket

bflocket Well-Known Member

Mr Ballard's death kind of overshadows this, but I noticed something while looking at my local paper the other day that is kinda/sorta related to Crystal.

A few weeks ago, a local (K9) cop got into trouble involving domestic violence. Naturally, the other party in the incident wasn't named.

Nelson County Deputy arrested Sunday
    The Kentucky Standard
    Bardstown, KY
    10/24/2008
    The other day, the results of a newspaper-sponsored "Cutest Kid" contest were published. It had a picture of the little girl that won along with her parents. Her parents were Officer Bryan and Brooke Ballard. She looked familiar and I realized that she is Crystal's sister and is often seen in stories about finding Crystal.
    (I don't have an online subscription to see if this little story is online to give a link. It's on page A2 of the 11/16/2016 Kentucky Standard)

And I just noticed that it mentioned Balltown Road. That's not very far from Houck's grandmother's farm that was searched earlier. It's not very close, road-wise, to Balltown Road. As the crow flies, it isn't too far. But that doesn't count since we're not birds.

8. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

OK, so someone posted a list on Twitter of Nelson Co. murders that are unsolved, beginning with Daniel Cahoe, then Officer Ellis, Kathy & Samantha Netherland, and Crystal Rogers. I knew about all but Daniel Cahoe, so I started researching. He was actually killed in Spencer County but was from Nelson County and his parents believe whoever killed him is from Nelson County. It gets very weird here - his IDENTICAL twin brother was also shot in a separate incident, yet police say that the two shootings were not related. I have wondered if at least some of these unsolved murders are linked. We have assumed that Crystal's death was domestic violence. However, what if she knew something about, say, Officer Ellis' death (since Brooks' brother was a cop)? I have also seen rumors floating around that the Netherlands' deaths could be somehow connected to the Houk brothers. All of this is speculation. But read this about Cahoe, then consider that a cop's death has also gone unsolved, and all the rest, and I'd say it's time for the FBI to get their butts in there and start looking for any possible links to any of these deaths. http://www.kystandard.com/content/‘you-only-need-one-person-tell-truth

9. jULIA_bEE

jULIA_bEE Well-Known Member

I've actually never thought it was a domestic abuse case and that's kind of always been the speculation around here. I think the consensus has always kind of been that there's a connection between all
    Of them except for the guy shot in Spencer co. I don't know much about him. As for the mom and daughter, it's always been harder to connect but not out of the realm of possibility. Ofc Ellis and Crystal Rogers have always had a connection in my mind and I'm not real sure we're allowed to discuss it here so if it, then sorry. The Netherlands and Ofc Ellis both have threads though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

Shot within days of each other? When I hear identical twins are both targeted, it sure sounds related to me. Who knows?

11. bflocket

I hate to hog this thread since I don't know much more than anyone else out there on the street, but I found one hell of a coincidence... Those words aren't even strong enough.

This the front page of our local paper. It is a story about a 35-year-old murder. The victim of of the murder was Crystal's aunt, though she died before Crystal was born. I'm including a link to a story about that connection, too.

But look at the picture at the top right of the page. It's Brooks Houck pictured while involved in the race for NC Sheriff.

(Front Page)
    The Kentucky Standard
    1/31/2014
    Search For Missing Mom Crystal Rogers Eerily Similar To Aunt’s 1979 Disappearance
    The Huffington Post
    8/18/2015
    I don't know how anyone in Crystal's family can hold it together through all of this. Seriously... What could anybody possibly have ever done to deserve all of this crap???

12. jULIA_bEE

jULIA_bEE Well-Known Member

Yeh I don't think the Cahoe's are part of this either but who knows...it's all so convoluted and crazy. I do think Ellis has something to do with Crystal, and the Netherlands. Maybe it's just easier for me to think they're all related because if they're not, that means there are some pretty evil individuals walking around Nelson co.

As far as the new chief of police, I don't know much about him but I like that he isn't local. I actually liked the former chief of police. He was from Louisville and spent a lot of time there and a lot of time as a US Marshal. I really think he could've done a lot of good and I was surprised to see him go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Muy Curioso

Muy Curioso Active Member

14. bflocket

Bardstown Police Department has a new chief
    WDRB 41
    Louisville, KY
    11/10/2016
    Some friends of mine said that he is/was one of the Bloomfield cops. (Yes, itty-bitty Bloomfield has a couple of cops - mainly speed-trap operators). I didn't believe them, but it might be the Bfield guy. I thankfully haven't had to meet him from being pulled over, so I've never had a real close-up look at him. Sometimes they cop in Bfield would "patrol" the alley behind where I work. So I've just seen him in a car a few hundred feet away.

I didn't feel like believing those friends because of something else relevant here. They keep telling me where Crystal is. Each time they say, it changes a bit and sometimes the stories have different characters involved. I usually would try to give the benefit of the doubt, but last night they said something that massacred any credibility of anything they said...

They were (seriously) under the impression that Nick Houck (Brooks' brother) had been charged with murdering Crystal, had already gone to trial and was acquitted.
    NOBODY's been arrested for anything related to her disappearance other than some perjury. I don't think they believed me, either.

15. ALansby

ALansby Active Member

:banghead::facepalm::shame::gaah::waitasec:

Too many thoughts when reading this....all of which are expressed eloquently by the emoticons above.

16. Chicken Hawk

Chicken Hawk Active Member

The mother and daughter that were killed in April 2014 at their home - the mother was a teacher and I've read that Officer Ellis' special needs child was her student. I'll see if I can find a link.

BOSCOE likes this.
  17. Chicken Hawk

BOSCOE likes this.
  18. Chicken Hawk

Also Crystal's dad was shot and killed in the last few days. He was hunting, in a fairly large clearing wearing an orange vest. I believe they are already looking into it as a homicide.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ng-womans-dad-killed-hunting-mishap/94126568/

Sorry if the above message and links has already been mentioned in one of the threads. I'm at work and can't go back to reread them right now.

I wish there was a way we could link the Netherlands, Ellis, Crystal and her dad's threads to one place. I'm assuming her dad will also have a thread on here.

19. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

He does have a thread.

:(

20. Purplepixii

Purplepixii Well-Known Member

OMG you're kidding? What on earth is going on in that county and more to the point, how much heartache can one family endure?? I feel so bad for them all :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.