KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very curious of what else of interest was found besides construction equipment. Where is Crystal!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Perhaps a shoe, piece of jewelry clothing, etc. or an identifier for Crystal like a store receipt or credit card.

This was the family farm they were searching, Crystal has been there no telling how many times in the past. Finding some small item of hers on the premises isn't going to indicate anything significant. Any defense attorney in the world would be able to explain that away in about 5 seconds.

We all know what they were searching for, and obviously they didn't find her. I would expect the lead investigator to be upbeat and positive about the search results, but that doesn't necessarily mean the prosecutor feels the same way. If they attempt to put Houck on trial with circumstantial evidence, and the jury acquits him, there won't be a second trial and the game is over. It's a risky tactic, and yes I know it's been done with success, but it's also been tried and failed on many occasions. In my mind, the worst thing that could happen would be for Houck to walk around a free man due to the double jeopardy clause. If you think he's arrogant and taunting now, wait until he knows he's untouchable by the legal system.

I don't know how many more times a judge is going to sign off on a search warrant for that same property..........probably not many.

I'm not getting the impression that they were looking for her body there at the farm. They had something else in mind. Let 's hope they found it.

http://www.kystandard.com/content/bardstown-couple-victims-louisville-double-homicide

Read the whole article.

They lived in the same apartment formerly occupied by Danny Singleton, who was indicted on 38 counts of perjury for lying to a grand jury in the Crystal Rogers case but pleaded to lesser charges in July. Singleton was employed by Brooks Houck, the only named suspect in Rogers’ disappearance, whose rental company also owns the apartment building.

Friends said Singleton moved out before Ramirez and Leslie lived in the apartment.

http://www.kystandard.com/content/bardstown-couple-victims-louisville-double-homicide

Read the whole article.

They lived in the same apartment formerly occupied by Danny Singleton, who was indicted on 38 counts of perjury for lying to a grand jury in the Crystal Rogers case but pleaded to lesser charges in July. Singleton was employed by Brooks Houck, the only named suspect in Rogers’ disappearance, whose rental company also owns the apartment building.

Friends said Singleton moved out before Ramirez and Leslie lived in the apartment.
Holy smokes

Read the whole article.

The page won't let me read the article without subscribing. :(

Try again. It didn't let me see it first time but I've tried twice since and it worked.

Now it isn't working. Basically a friend of the woman claims the woman got addicted to drugs after pain meds for an injury but started buying on the street when she couldn't get more scrips. Friend said rumor is she stiffed the dealer.

Now it isn't working. Basically a friend of the woman claims the woman got addicted to drugs after pain meds for an injury but started buying on the street when she couldn't get more scrips. Friend said rumor is she stiffed the dealer.

Okay, this is all very confusing. Not sure what to believe.

jmo

Okay, this is all very confusing. Not sure what to believe.

jmo

I don't think the story about the two people being shot has any bearing what-so-ever on this case, the common denominator is Danny Singleton, but for totally different reasons. It seems as if the journalist threw in the tidbit about it being the same apartment as an interesting side note more than anything.

The only thing I got from it was that we have a landlord who will rent his property to the first person to come up with the first, last and deposit ......and pretty much waives the background checks. There's plenty of them out there.

I don't think the story about the two people being shot has any bearing what-so-ever on this case, the common denominator is Danny Singleton, but for totally different reasons. It seems as if the journalist threw in the tidbit about it being the same apartment as an interesting side note more than anything.

The only thing I got from it was that we have a landlord who will rent his property to the first person to come up with the first, last and deposit ......and pretty much waives the background checks. There's plenty of them out there.

The way I read it, Brooks Houck owns the building they lived in?

The way I read it, Brooks Houck owns the building they lived in?
Singleton was employed by Brooks Houck, the only named suspect in Rogers’ disappearance, whose rental company also owns the apartment building.

Just checked in for progress on Crystal's case and am so glad to read the positives coming from LE. We've waited a long time now (or it feels like a long time, for Crystal's family it must be almost unbearable). This news is soooo positive and I am so happy & confident that we're getting closer to solving this now <3

What is that? I can't tell from my device. An opinion piece, letter to editor?
Opinion letter

Letter: Justice for Crystal Rogers

09/20/2016 2:55 PM

Crystal Rogers was a beautiful person with five wonderful children. Crystal had a big personality full of life. Her smile would always light up a room no matter where you saw her. No matter how bad you felt, Crystal was there to cheer you up. She was one of those special people that had a big heart that was so noticeable.

The Nelson County sheriff and other officials continue to work hard on Crystal’s case, and I do believe they will solve it. The sheriff has also named a suspect in this community.

The one thing I cannot understand is why someone would want to take such a beautiful person from her children and family. Why so much hatred? There’s still a lot of people working hard on this case, and they will not give up until my niece is found and justice is served by law.

Teresa Ballard

Bardstown

Brooks does construction work. Somebody check on (or under) any of the houses he's worked on since Crystal went missing. Most locals know that and won't speak up about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member