KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed re wishing the pictures showed the trees a bit clearer. There appears to be some foliage on the tree in foreground, but even that is a bit fuzzy.

Regarding weather the day Tommy was shot (11/19/16), I found archived climate data from the National Weather Service (linked below). Louisville’s airport recorded 0.19 inches of rain on the 19th (other reporting stations in KY recorded some rain that day as well). So not a washout by any means, and not sure what times rain was falling, but some rain fell that day. https://w2.weather.gov/climate/getclimate.php?wfo=lmk
The Weather Underground (my favorite weather history site) says it only rained from after midnight to around 6 a.m. that day, and very light rain then.

West Paducah, KY Weather History | Weather Underground

Wow thanks for posting this. Highly recommend everyone watch this video

Great video! I just wanted to sit down and have a glass of sun tea with Nick's neighbor. She didn't mince words one bit. I don't think I would've had the nerve to say what she said on camera.

As far as where the unidentified remains were discovered, that beats all I've ever seen. It's truly amazing. I'm going to rewatch it. I can't remember if they said 10-12 feet per year or just this year. Also, has anyone estimated the depth at which the remains were buried? TIA

I didn't see any tire tracks from heavy equipment. And it didn't appear that there was a great deal around there to tie off to for the recovery team to be able to repel. Regarding the Texas game warden, could his or her expertise have been used in the recovery process? I've seen horses used occasionally when it would be impossible otherwise to repel or get a crane in to the area. A horse can easily offset the weight of a human and hold the line steady.

Great video! I just wanted to sit down and have a glass of sun tea with Nick's neighbor. She didn't mince words one bit. I don't think I would've had the nerve to say what she said on camera.

As far as where the unidentified remains were discovered, that beats all I've ever seen. It's truly amazing. I'm going to rewatch it. I can't remember if they said 10-12 feet per year or just this year. Also, has anyone estimated the depth at which the remains were buried? TIA

I didn't see any tire tracks from heavy equipment. And it didn't appear that there was a great deal around there to tie off to for the recovery team to be able to repel. Regarding the Texas game warden, could his or her expertise have been used in the recovery process? I've seen horses used occasionally when it would be impossible otherwise to repel or get a crane in to the area. A horse can easily offset the weight of a human and hold the line steady.

i thought I had read somewhere that they were buried about 4ft deep. I still have no idea why a Texas game warden was with them. We definitely have horses here that I would think they could use. Texas is just so far. They weren’t down here when the remains were found but they came down this past week with the FBI and IRS and whoever else was here.

Last edited:
PICTURED: FBI releases new surveillance images related to Crystal Rogers’ disappearance
The FBI has released new surveillance images showing several vehicles located at points of interest in the ongoing investigation of missing Kentucky woman, Crystal Rogers.

FBI spokesperson Timothy Beam told the Lexington Herald-Leader that the agency needs help identifying the drivers of the vehicles seen in the two photos. Beam said these drivers may have information about Rogers’ 2015 disappearance in Nelson County.

Rogers was reported missing by her mother on July 3, 2015. Two days later, her car was found abandoned with a flat tire on the Bluegrass Parkway. Her keys, phone, and purse were inside the vehicle.

The first image apparently shows a white SUV and a red SUV driving near the My Old Kentucky Home campground in Bardstown. The second photo, taken at 3:45 a.m. on July 4, 2015, shows an unidentified vehicle on Balltown Road, located near the Paschal Ballard Road intersection.

Crystal-Rogers-surveillance-footage-.jpg

[Photos via FBI]
The FBI took over the investigation following news that human remains were found on the Washington-Nelson County line on July 23. Authorities have not yet confirmed whether the human remains belong to Rogers.

Rogers’ ex-boyfriend, Brooks Houck, was reportedly the last person to see her alive. A year after Rogers’ disappearance, her ex-boyfriend’s brother, Nick Houck, was fired from the Bardstown Police Department for allegedly interfering with the investigation.

Last week, the agency executed search warrants at Brooks Houck’s home, in addition to Nick Houck’s residence and their family farm. All three locations are located in Bardstown.

Reports indicated that the remains discovered late last month were located four miles from the Houcks family farm — where authorities believe the missing mother-of-five was last seen alive.

New to the discussion here. Some thoughts from surveillance camera images of vehicles.

Regarding the picture date/time stamped 7/4/15 at about 3:42 a.m., from looking at aerials and video footage of the area of the Houck Farm, that picture appears to have been taken from camera at back of the house located at the corner of Balltown Road and Paschal Ballard Road (camera faces back towards out building with garage doors and Paschal Ballard Road). So it appears to capture image of a car on Paschal Ballard Road just before it exits onto Balltown Road. In other words, that car was leaving the area of the Houck farm. Paschal Ballard Road dead ends into their farm, so obviously should not be much traffic at any time, much less at that hour. I believe there may have been only one house back from where that car was coming from at the time (Brooks’ mother’s House). All one can see in the image are headlights and taillights, so not sure if the experts have any means of identifying or eliminating certain makes and models with that type of image at night.

The other picture is very interesting to me as well. That image was apparently captured from a surveillance camera on the front of the Heaven Hill Distilleries building on Loretta Road. That location is not near the Houck farm. Curiously, the FBI did not provide the date and time of that picture. Picture quality is not great, so it’s is tough to say exactly what time of year that image was captured. If I head to guess, I would say the picture was not taken in the summer (tree line off far in the distance does not appear to be fully leafed). It was a rainy day in that picture. I believe it was raining the day Tommy Ballard was shot on November 19, 2016. The location of that camera is not terribly far from where Tommy Ballard was shot, and Loretta Road would be one of several conceivable “getaway route” for Tommy’s shooter. I can’t help but wonder if that picture might relate to the Tommy Ballard case - By not providing a particular date or range of dates, and not specifying whether they are interested in the white or red SUV, I am not sure the authorities can reasonably expect the public to offer helpful information regarding who was driving those cars. Seems like this could be an example of the FBI releasing that photo to send a message of sorts that they have more than certain suspects might expect, for the purpose of applying pressure.

By the way, the FBI task force released those photos on the task force website at least a day before any media outlets reported on same. Hopefully more info will be made available on that website.
I notice you have only started posting on WS welcome and your post is a great way to start, great information I look forward to future posts.

The Texas Game Wardens being there is definitely odd. We have a show about them called “Lone Star Law” and I’ve seen them bust people for illegally hunting after someone posted something on Facebook. Could be something where someone was in TX and bragged about killing a deer, etc in the off season. That would draw their attention as they take stuff like that very serious.

The Texas Game Wardens being there is definitely odd. We have a show about them called “Lone Star Law” and I’ve seen them bust people for illegally hunting after someone posted something on Facebook. Could be something where someone was in TX and bragged about killing a deer, etc in the off season. That would draw their attention as they take stuff like that very serious.

Lol my SO mentioned the SAME thing. I guess he’s watched a couple episodes and he was telling me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998