GUILTY KY - Ed Dansereau, 63, Pamela, 58, & Calvin Phillips, 53, murdered, Pembroke, 19 Nov 2015 *arrest*

Did someone testify that Joan said the phone was found in her yard? Because that is what she said, but I thought there were numerous objections to hearsay regarding what Joan said at the AT&T store.

Did someone testify that Joan said the phone was found in her yard? Because that is what she said, but I thought there were numerous objections to hearsay regarding what Joan said at the AT&T store.
That is what I thought also. I don't think anything came in except Joan at the store, they stated they couldn't get the video. Then, wahla, they have the video during cross of another witness, that made no sense.

No one heard 13? gunshots either. In the morning and in the late afternoon.
It was rainy on the 18th. The 22’s might not have been too loud, but people shot all the time in the neighborhood over at Cal’s place. Mr.Watkins (Kit’s neighbor) clearly did not hear any gunshots……

It was rainy on the 18th. The 22’s might not have been too loud, but people shot all the time in the neighborhood over at Cal’s place. Mr.Watkins (Kit’s neighbor) clearly did not hear any gunshots……
But if he didn't have his hearing aids in, he wouldn't have. Mr. Watkins I mean.

That is what I thought also. I don't think anything came in except Joan at the store, they stated they couldn't get the video. Then, wahla, they have the video during cross of another witness, that made no sense.
So, how was the DA able to argue that Kit through it into Joan’s yard if Joan stating that she found the phone in her yard were not facts in evidence? (That was a rhetorical question, Spiritecho. Glad I’m not the only who thought that.)

so Pam's friend who was on the phone with her...she went there with her daughter at 6 and then again at 7. Did she not call the police????She didn't go in the house but didn't call the police? Did I miss that?

You're correct, I think. I don't believe she contacted the police until after the bodies were found the next day.

Am I the only one here that is restless and can't find something to do while the jury is out; even though there is much here that needs doing? I listened to the entire defense closing but couldn't get into The Commonwealth's closing at all. This is not my first trial but it is the one that I think the defendant is the most believable in.

Not interested in the Durst trial at all.

Last edited:
Am I the only one here that is restless and can't find something to do while the jury is out; even though there is much here that needs doing? I listened to the entire defense closing but couldn't get into The Commonwealth's closing at all.

Not interested in the Durst trial at all.
I agree. It is a pretty easy trial to consider. You either think there is a reasonable possibility that Joan Harmon did it and you vote to acquit or you think Kit did it beyond a reasonable doubt. But, I think deliberations will go for a bit (Maybe into Friday) out of respect for the Phillips if the jury is inclined to acquit, no matter how much they disliked the prosecutor. Plus there was a lot of expert testimony, ballistics, videos, timelines, etc. to go through.

https://twitter.com/JuliaCourtTV/status/1405282025716654082

VERDICT WATCH continues but w/ a major twist…as of yesterday the complicity charge is no longer attached to the counts against #KitMartin, per the defense. Here’s what the prosecution investigator told the grand jury in 2019 about why they charged complicity.
1f447-1f3fc.svg
1f447-1f3fc.svg

@JoyCourtTV

upload_2021-6-16_18-17-47.jpeg

upload_2021-6-16_18-18-8.jpeg

I agree. It is a pretty easy trial to consider. You either think there is a reasonable possibility that Joan Harmon did it and you vote to acquit or you think Kit did it beyond a reasonable doubt. But, I think deliberations will go for a bit (Maybe into Friday) out of respect for the Phillips if the jury is inclined to acquit, no matter how much they disliked the prosecutor. Plus there was a lot of expert testimony, ballistics, videos, timelines, etc. to go through.
There also could be a split on opinion with these 8 men and 4 women.

The clock is still clicking away and it is almost 7:30. Does anyone know if they are allowed to stay as late as they want, or a cut off time?

ok well I had heard burn pile but did not realize that it was INSIDE the cellar with Cal on top of it.
That's some hate right there.

so jury is asking for dinner so they can keep going. awesome!
And they are asking for it pretty late.

Julia @Court TV said the Judge didn’t give them specifics as far as time that she was aware of. He will give a 15 minute pad time when verdict comes in. Julia also said that the defense team was looking a little nervous… I imagine they all all.

She said the jury just got their dinner, so looks like they are still working through dinner.

ETA: It was sandwiches, not pizza

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks