KY KY - Falmouth, Male UP81, 25-45, hanged, prior skull recon, disfigured face, Jul’96

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by MadMcGoo, Jan 15, 2020.

1. coffeeandacig

coffeeandacig Well-Known Member

Thanks @MadMcGoo and all of you!!! Glad to do it!
    I think of this man often. :( I wonder if there is a teaching hospital in KY or TN that did his reconstruction?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020

2. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Unite...love will always win.

I think the scapular is associated with the Carmelite order, their coat of arms. I turned the picture around
    upload_2020-11-22_14-54-0.png

I found this

[​IMG]
    Brown Scapular Enrollment

“Take this Scapular, it shall be a sign of salvation, a protection in danger and a pledge of peace. Whosoever dies wearing this Scapular shall not suffer eternal fire.” This is Mary’s promise made July 16, 1251 to Saint Simon Stock.

Brothers of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
    Before coming into Europe, the Carmelites were hermits living on Mount Carmel in Palestine. They believed themselves to be the spiritual sons of Elijah. They led a life of contemplation, modeled after the prophet.

Brown Scapular History

Right now I don't know what this all means in relation to this person. I have to find out more.

3. Bit of hope

Might be nothing but you never know....they are communities everywhere in "the Americas", North and South America and Canada.....

Order of Carmelites | PCM

PCM in MEXICO

In the 1993 Provincial Chapter, the members voted to establish the Province of the Most Pure Heart of Mary in Mexico. Four members of the province were selected to prepare themselves for establishing the new mission. The province sought a diocese with a pastoral plan and eventually Torreón, Coahuila, was chosen. It is the 9th largest metropolitan area in the country and one of Mexico’s most important economic and industrial centers.

There is
    - Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church Latin Tridentine Mass, 1730 N Stillwell Rd, Boston, KY 40107, US and a
    -
    Carmelite Convent, Louisville, KY 40205, USA

and there is Carmel Manor Independent & Assisted Living in Ft. Thomas, KY | Carmel Manor in Fort Thomas (approx. 44 minutes from Falmouth) run by nuns (Carmelite sisters) but I believe they only care for the elderly and infirm. It could be they helped also in rehabilitation of younger people with physical problems in the past, but I don't know that.

4. Bethan

Bethan Well-Known Member

Great sleuthing Bit of hope!! Could well be a significant finding.

It could be that our chap was looked after by Carmelite sisters during/after his facial surgery ( which I’m assuming may have been done in Louisville)

I wonder if they hold records of people who they cared for during the ‘90’s?

Wonder if we could enquire by email, but may be confidential information?

5. branmuffin

branmuffin Well-Known Member

He could be a priest. Perhaps a defrocked one. He could have been sent to a nun's home to recuperate after an attack. The Catholic Church has a bad habit of relocating priests who have been charged or associated with sexual abuse crimes. Maybe this guy met some earthly penance from a parent. Or a victim.

Here's a couple of instances where priests who have been accused of abuse were injured or killed by the victims.

Cops: Abuse victim seeks revenge, beats up priest

fred&edna, MadMcGoo and Bit of hope like this.
  6. coffeeandacig

Good question! I believe they'd have some sort of record of a man with severe facial injuries. Only problem is, what if he gave them a fake name? He might have been in this country illegally and had fake documents with a different name attached.
    The Carmelites Nursing home is just across the river from Cincinnati. May be a possibility that he had the reconstruction done in that city.

PS...I read somewhere that he may have received his facial injuries from hitting his face against a car dashboard. I'll have to go find it...

Awesome sleuthing @Bit of hope!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  7. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

Great sleuthing everyone!

8. ks-ch

ks-ch Active Member

Assuming they are internet-savvy in those orders, could someone write them an email and describe the situation with our UID? Maybe they’ll have something to say or at least, could ask older or elderly members if they had any info?

Bethan, MadMcGoo and coffeeandacig like this.
  9. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

I’m not usually good at reaching out blindly to facilities like this, but I figured it couldn’t hurt. I sent the following email to Carmel Manor...

10. Bit of hope

Wow Mad! Great!

MadMcGoo, annemc2, bombardier and 3 others like this.
  11. Bethan

Bethan Well-Known Member

That’s great! Thank you for doing this MMG!

12. coffeeandacig

You rock!!! Thank you!!!

MadMcGoo, Bit of hope and annemc2 like this.