KY KY - Falmouth, WhtHispMale 25-45, UP81, Hanged, Prior Skull Reconstruction, Disfigured Face, Rosary Beads, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Scapular, Jul’96

I think the scapular is associated with the Carmelite order, their coat of arms. I turned the picture around
upload_2020-11-22_14-54-0.png

I found this

800px-Escapulariocafe.JPG

Brown Scapular Enrollment

“Take this Scapular, it shall be a sign of salvation, a protection in danger and a pledge of peace. Whosoever dies wearing this Scapular shall not suffer eternal fire.” This is Mary’s promise made July 16, 1251 to Saint Simon Stock.

Brothers of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
Before coming into Europe, the Carmelites were hermits living on Mount Carmel in Palestine. They believed themselves to be the spiritual sons of Elijah. They led a life of contemplation, modeled after the prophet.

Brown Scapular History

Right now I don't know what this all means in relation to this person. I have to find out more.

Might be nothing but you never know....they are communities everywhere in "the Americas", North and South America and Canada.....

Order of Carmelites | PCM

PCM in MEXICO

In the 1993 Provincial Chapter, the members voted to establish the Province of the Most Pure Heart of Mary in Mexico. Four members of the province were selected to prepare themselves for establishing the new mission. The province sought a diocese with a pastoral plan and eventually Torreón, Coahuila, was chosen. It is the 9th largest metropolitan area in the country and one of Mexico’s most important economic and industrial centers.

There is
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church Latin Tridentine Mass, 1730 N Stillwell Rd, Boston, KY 40107, US and a
-
Carmelite Convent, Louisville, KY 40205, USA

and there is Carmel Manor Independent & Assisted Living in Ft. Thomas, KY | Carmel Manor in Fort Thomas (approx. 44 minutes from Falmouth) run by nuns (Carmelite sisters) but I believe they only care for the elderly and infirm. It could be they helped also in rehabilitation of younger people with physical problems in the past, but I don't know that.

Might be nothing but you never know....they are communities everywhere in "the Americas", North and South America and Canada.....

Order of Carmelites | PCM

PCM in MEXICO

In the 1993 Provincial Chapter, the members voted to establish the Province of the Most Pure Heart of Mary in Mexico. Four members of the province were selected to prepare themselves for establishing the new mission. The province sought a diocese with a pastoral plan and eventually Torreón, Coahuila, was chosen. It is the 9th largest metropolitan area in the country and one of Mexico’s most important economic and industrial centers.

There is
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church Latin Tridentine Mass, 1730 N Stillwell Rd, Boston, KY 40107, US and a
-
Carmelite Convent, Louisville, KY 40205, USA

and there is Carmel Manor Independent & Assisted Living in Ft. Thomas, KY | Carmel Manor in Fort Thomas (approx. 44 minutes from Falmouth) run by nuns (Carmelite sisters) but I believe they only care for the elderly and infirm. It could be they helped also in rehabilitation of younger people with physical problems in the past, but I don't know that.

Great sleuthing Bit of hope!! Could well be a significant finding.

It could be that our chap was looked after by Carmelite sisters during/after his facial surgery ( which I’m assuming may have been done in Louisville)

I wonder if they hold records of people who they cared for during the ‘90’s?

Wonder if we could enquire by email, but may be confidential information?

It could be that our chap was looked after by Carmelite sisters during/after his facial surgery ( which I’m assuming may have been done in Louisville)

He could be a priest. Perhaps a defrocked one. He could have been sent to a nun's home to recuperate after an attack. The Catholic Church has a bad habit of relocating priests who have been charged or associated with sexual abuse crimes. Maybe this guy met some earthly penance from a parent. Or a victim.

Here's a couple of instances where priests who have been accused of abuse were injured or killed by the victims.

Cops: Abuse victim seeks revenge, beats up priest

Good question! I believe they'd have some sort of record of a man with severe facial injuries. Only problem is, what if he gave them a fake name? He might have been in this country illegally and had fake documents with a different name attached.
The Carmelites Nursing home is just across the river from Cincinnati. May be a possibility that he had the reconstruction done in that city.

PS...I read somewhere that he may have received his facial injuries from hitting his face against a car dashboard. I'll have to go find it...

Awesome sleuthing @Bit of hope!

Last edited:
Assuming they are internet-savvy in those orders, could someone write them an email and describe the situation with our UID? Maybe they’ll have something to say or at least, could ask older or elderly members if they had any info?

I’m not usually good at reaching out blindly to facilities like this, but I figured it couldn’t hurt. I sent the following email to Carmel Manor...
Hi,
My name is x and I research missing and unidentified people. This will probably be a very peculiar email, but I’m hoping someone can help me.

I’ve been looking into an unidentified victim who was found deceased in Falmouth, Ky. in July 1996. He has never been identified despite having had extensive facial trauma some time prior to his death. Injuries that should certainly be remembered by someone. I am a member of a true crime forum and among several others who have investigated this case. This site has much more information regarding this man than I can possibly include in an email.

I guess my question is could/would anyone be able to tell me if someone matching this man’s description has ever been cared for at your facility. He was about 25-45 years old, had black hair, and stood about 5’6”-5’9” tall. He had the following unique identifiers:

He sustained trauma to his face from 3 months - 2 years prior to his death. His face had been surgically reconstructed with plates and screws through the skull (Synthes 2.0 plates with screws to repair comminuted LeFort 3 fracture). Because of the surgery, it is believed he had facial scars and possibly some disfigurement. He also might have had a crooked nose.

The following site has photos and additional details. KY - KY - Falmouth, Male UP81, 25-45, hanged, prior skull recon, disfigured face, Jul’96

I would be grateful for any assistance or information! Please feel free to email me with any questions.

Thanks

@othram I could recommend all of Kentucky’s unidentified, but I’ll start with this guy!

We will reach out. From page 1, there is the following contact info:
-Kentucky State Police in Dry Ridge (606) 428-1212
-Kentucky Medical Examiner's Office
Amy Burrows-Beckham (502) 489-5209 or (502) 852-5587

Has anyone reached out to one of these contacts? Is there a more current contact?

We will reach out. From page 1, there is the following contact info:
-Kentucky State Police in Dry Ridge (606) 428-1212
-Kentucky Medical Examiner's Office
Amy Burrows-Beckham (502) 489-5209 or (502) 852-5587

Has anyone reached out to one of these contacts? Is there a more current contact?
I had been in contact with Amy when I first started the Kentucky “project” but she has since stopped responding to my messages. I’m sure she’s been busy since this pandemic so I don’t take offense to that nor do I believe it means she’s no longer a good contact person for the case. She was very receptive when I first contacted her, so I’d try her first!

I had been in contact with Amy when I first started the Kentucky “project” but she has since stopped responding to my messages. I’m sure she’s been busy since this pandemic so I don’t take offense to that nor do I believe it means she’s no longer a good contact person for the case. She was very receptive when I first contacted her, so I’d try her first!

Thank you!

I am basing this on the skull

2a641f95-7f07-4295-b106-b58a9f0d46d7-jpeg.226228

Suggesting here:
MP-DavidLamb.jpg
tBpoDiIghEh-NgtdDTVVvAS-Iu0sdnoEWQJavgtrSauvfTsKfhXXmOQh_52c9QIaTYkz_OxWiPQvSCWKsZdRCeWPvEFCHpPw3SkSk61tlw

David Allen Lamb
1370DMAR - David Allen Lamb
Date of Birth: May 19, 1964
Race: White
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue

He had scars from a gunshot wound.
"might" have had a pacemaker ? Doe project says : "Reported to have a pacemaker". Somehow that sounds like he might or might not have one, least to me.

I also found a man , much older, who disappeared a bit after John Doe was found.
Sherwin Rubin. He had a broken left tooth.
Sherwin-Rubin-74569_1.jpg

Sherwin Rubin

Neither have any records I could find about an accident.

Last edited:
I doubt it is any of those, our UID had a conpletely crushed facial skull that needed multiple surgeries to be repositioned. You can see that even this did not fully succeed (e.g. at the nasal bones). He must have been in a very dramatic and graphic blunt force trauma situation and his face must have been very scarred.
It would be definitely mentioned in a missing person case. But ive seen stranger things and lots of information getting lost in (database) translation.

I doubt it is any of those, our UID had a conpletely crushed facial skull that needed multiple surgeries to be repositioned. You can see that even this did not fully succeed (e.g. at the nasal bones). He must have been in a very dramatic and graphic blunt force trauma situation and his face must have been very scarred.
It would be definitely mentioned in a missing person case. But ive seen stranger things and lots of information getting lost in (database) translation.

As I said, I based it on the skull alone. The first man has his face, and facial structure drooping to the same side the skull. A somewhat crooked nose to the right, same as the skull. I looked up the the fracture itself and found images of people looking at this fracture from somewhere inside the mouth. They had placed a cut on the inside of the front upper lip and were then viewing the fracture.

Either way, plastic surgery is also a thing?

Reason I don't think it would be him: Surely they would have listed the John Doe as having a pacemaker if they found one during autopsy. [If David Allen Lamb did actually have one]

Reason why I thought it might be him: He had scars a few places after a gunshot wound. Which indicates he was in a violent encounter. Le Fort fractures/injuries may also be produced by striking the face with a rigid object (tire iron, baseball bat). I basically thought that was what happened to this man. Someone smashed in his face, and then shot him when he was on the ground trying to shield himself.

I do agree with you though, would be very odd not to mention something as tell-tale sign as all his surgery stuff though....Since it would make for an easy ID of the person if found.

David Allen Lamb – The Charley Project
Charley Project states, "Lamb has a heart condition and wears a pacemaker."

YCSO - Missing Persons
Yell County Sheriff office, "Lamb is reported to have a pacemaker and a scar from a gunshot wound he received earlier the same year."

I laid the skull over David Lamb's picture, just to see...
View attachment 286468

Interesting. Let me try lining the two up.
I first turned David's photo 6 degrees to the left to get a somewhat straight line and center his face. Since his face is slightly tilted, then I attempted to overlay the skull. Since I think the skull itself is fairly center on image.

upload_2021-3-1_23-7-11.png

I don't know man, I am not a forensic guru or nothing.
Though interesting observation during this....
upload_2021-3-1_23-8-39.png
This could just be a poor quality photo making me see things. But there is a dark line above his eye that looks odd, that seems to align with that long line above the eye of the skull.

I still don't fully believe this to be the John Doe, because, surely they'd find the pacemaker? If not in the mummified remains, somewhere nearby.

Edit: I double posted by accident. I thought I reported this post, but I saw the post down below has gotten removed. Did I report the wrong one? I am unable to add another photo in this post :/ like I did in the other post.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88