KY KY - Falmouth, WhtHispMale 25-45, UP81, Hanged, Prior Skull Reconstruction, Disfigured Face, Rosary Beads, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Scapular, Jul’96

After some digging through Wayback, I was able to find some better photos of the skull. They aren't that disturbing but just wanted to put it out there.

PENDLETON COUNTY, KENTUCKY

This actually wasn’t that disturbing, there is no identification on the pieces, He would have HAD to gone in and got his face worked on at some hospital so does anyone know if hospital records were checked, I mean it was long ago and this changed a lot but really with how much work the poor guy had done you would think that someone would have recognized him. Possibly he was an immigrant? I wish records were better kept thru the flow of years. I really hope he gets his name back

I went through looking for men with facial injury in the right time frame. Nothing too interesting.

Jesse Wayne Yancey? "facial bones under right eye crushed in a previous injury, Missing left front tooth". Missing since 1994, so timeframe is about right. 963DMOK - Jesse Wayne Yancey

David Allan Dunaway 1548DMTX - David Allen Dunaway Similar though not identical injuries, missing in 1981 so possibly too old

Benjamin Lopez Jr. 3571DMAK - Benjamin Lopez Jr. missing since 1991, a certain facial resemblance. Had a brain tumor so might have had additional surgery after leaving home.

Christopher Jarrold has plates of some kind around his eyes 1059DMVT - Christopher Michael Jarrold. Missing 1993.

James Ruland missing late 1995. 388DMWI - James S. Ruland Has a plate in the back of his head, so likely not the decedent unless the description is mistaken.

To be honest, I’m not sure. If I had to guess I’d say the hardware was probably sold or distributed to hospitals in “lots” with lot numbers. Maybe those numbers were imprinted on the pieces and the lots could be traced. As far as each individual plate and screw, I would think they probably could not be traced to a specific patient. I’d be surprised if detailed records were ever even kept or retained in either case.

Again, that’s just my guess. lol. I’ve found something on Synthes plates and screws but I’m not sure if it’s exactly what was used. I’m just using it as a visual guide as I’m researching...
Synthes 2.0 mm Mandible Locking Plate System

I don't know if this has been addressed (and I don't know the protocol from 1996) but every individual screw (and any other thing implanted in the body, except sutures) and lot number is entered into a patient's surgical record during surgery, as it is implanted. There is some way to research what went into who, but with HIPAA laws, I doubt it can be researched unless there is a recall/issue with the implant.
If there was a national database for law enforcement, that would be amazing, but HIPAA prevents soooo much.

I don't know if this has been addressed (and I don't know the protocol from 1996) but every individual screw (and any other thing implanted in the body, except sutures) and lot number is entered into a patient's surgical record during surgery, as it is implanted. There is some way to research what went into who, but with HIPAA laws, I doubt it can be researched unless there is a recall/issue with the implant.
If there was a national database for law enforcement, that would be amazing, but HIPAA prevents soooo much.
I think HIPAA laws play such a big part in this case. None that help in his identification :(

Anyone have the current rule-out list? Doug Kirk had reconstructive surgery done with metal screws just like this JD but I assume he's been ruled out. The dent above the skull's nose looks like the dent on his.

Douglas Eugene Kirk – The Charley Project
Douglas has been excluded along with 2 other men.

MP10215 David Lamb 1995 AR
MP11206 Wilson Mickler 1979 FL
MP1144 Douglas Kirk 1995 AR

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member