KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had a chance to read all the posts today, I'm sure you guys are thinking what I'm thinking. This must've been another kid who did this, some freak accidental thing, or something. It has just been too quiet. I'm a local and there is nothing being leaked out.

From FB---
"A message from Sheriff Jeff Cooke:
I would like to let the citizens of Allen County know that our children are safe going to school. This terrible tragedy is being treated as an isolated incident and we do not feel that there is an ongoing threat. I understand an arrest has not been made in this case but we must remember that the investigation is progressing quickly and aggressively. The Allen County School System has resources on hand to help students in coping with this tragedy. I intend to increase police presence on the school campus just to reinforce that our children are safe. The Allen County Sheriffs Office mourns with the Doolin Family. My door is always open for any thoughts or questions. "In God we trust."
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Any other helpful information can be passed on to KSP Det. Wes Medley or Det. Adam Morgan. 270-782-2010"

So....do they have someone in custody who is not charged or could this be a family member? It is odd that we have not heard that someone saw her with a stranger. RIP Gabriella.

The two key components that stand out to me here are the speed in which this horrible crime was accomplished, and that while someone saw enough to give a tip to LE, whoever removed her from the football area apparently didn't do so in such a way as to cause suspicion enough to get him/her stopped. e.g. Gabriella wasn't kicking, screaming, etc.
The good news is that the speed (and I agree with the OP who expressed that the perpetrator overheard the PA system announcements looking for her) likely didn't let the perpetrator remove/hide/clean up any evidence. This should help for a stronger case in court.

I'm thinking the perp could have been on one of those golf carts that they ride on at the games. Because 400 yards is far walking without a kid that no longer wants to go once they are 200 yards away.

Maybe the perp offered her a ride on a cart that was parked on school property with the hopes of stashing her and getting back. But had to zoom back once the announcement came on.

Usually those guys are security or maintenance set up workers for school events. Idk

I'm thinking the perp could have been on one of those golf carts that they ride on at the games. Because 400 yards is far walking without a kid that no longer wants to go once they are 200 yards away.

Maybe the perp offered her a ride on a cart that was parked on school property with the hopes of stashing her and getting back. But had to zoom back once the announcement came on.

Usually those guys are security or maintenance set up workers for school events. Idk

That's a great thought, Dexter. At all of our games there are various employees riding around on those. What little child wouldn't want to go for a ride on one of those and would also tend to trust an employee.

If she was playing with others and a golf cart came by, there'd be lots of witnesses as to who and what the situation looked like. I am thinking she had to have been lured/enticed by someone she knew standing nearby.

If she was playing with others and a golf cart came by, there'd be lots of witnesses as to who and what the situation looked like. I am thinking she had to have been lured/enticed by someone she knew standing nearby.

But some of the carts could also be parked on the side near the concessions or restroom. Idk.

But it seems like someone seen something. So maybe the perp lives on mt carmel and they knew it was so and so who just so happened to have access to a golf cart.

But of course that person would be arrested by now or be seriously questioned while their home was getting ransacked.

But a teen is plausible as well. This case should be solved this week. Jmo

From FB---
"A message from Sheriff Jeff Cooke:
I would like to let the citizens of Allen County know that our children are safe going to school. This terrible tragedy is being treated as an isolated incident and we do not feel that there is an ongoing threat. I understand an arrest has not been made in this case but we must remember that the investigation is progressing quickly and aggressively. The Allen County School System has resources on hand to help students in coping with this tragedy. I intend to increase police presence on the school campus just to reinforce that our children are safe. The Allen County Sheriffs Office mourns with the Doolin Family. My door is always open for any thoughts or questions. "In God we trust."
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Any other helpful information can be passed on to KSP Det. Wes Medley or Det. Adam Morgan. 270-782-2010"

So....do they have someone in custody who is not charged or could this be a family member? It is odd that we have not heard that someone saw her with a stranger. RIP Gabriella.

I live in Scottsville and Sheriff Cooke is a very nice person. I wonder why he says that our children are not in danger, if this killer is still on the lose? What is making him think this person won't grab and kill another baby....

LE must know who murdered the little girl, and have the suspect in custody. Otherwise, there certainly would be a risk to the public.

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts today, I'm sure you guys are thinking what I'm thinking. This must've been another kid who did this, some freak accidental thing, or something. It has just been too quiet. I'm a local and there is nothing being leaked out.

I am too and usually people do gossip, but not this time....I think people here are just stunned, numb, and being respectful of the investigation.

My internet is going in and out. This was Allen County, I was thinking of Allen. Sorry if I caused confusion.

I dont think a person would see to people headed towards an open field on foot and not get suspicous on a cold dark night. Are there houses in the immediate direction or just the woods. Usually each exit is covered. So even if I see a father and daughter walking towards an open field I would be skeptical if I knew that it leads to the woods. Jmo

Does she have a uncle or something.

I dont think a person would see to people headed towards an open field on foot and not get suspicous on a cold dark night. Are there houses in the immediate direction or just the woods. Usually each exit is covered. So even if I see a father and daughter walking towards an open field I would be skeptical if I knew that it leads to the woods. Jmo

Does she have a uncle or something.

There is a nature trail that starts at one of the other schools..I think it starts at the elementary school, but been years since we walked it. It is kind of creepy actually....Isolated. It is nice, but lonely....I am pretty sure it goes through the woods and close to the creek behind the high school, because my kids and I have been down to that pond and I believe we just walked down to it, from the nature trail. Maybe someone put Gabby in a vehicle at the high school, and left, then came back from behind the schools, using that nature trail, and dumped her body in that creek. This person surely didn't seem to have a lot of time to do such an evil deed.

Gabriella “Gabby” Doolin was with her mother at Allen County-Scottsville High School to watch a football game on Saturday night.

Gabby’s mother told police she vanished while she was cheering on her two brothers who were playing in the game.

Kentucky State Police received a report that Gabby’s body was found in a pond in a wooded area behind the school.

http://fox4kc.com/2015/11/16/7-year...er-she-was-reported-missing-at-football-game/

So did they receive a "tip" that she was in the creek, or did they recieve a report - that perhaps one of the searchers found her? To me that is two totally different scenarios...

hmmm, isolated incident, no ongoing threat...?

Allen County Sheriffs Office
37 mins ·
Just was posted to the Allen County Sheriff's fb page:

A message from Sheriff Jeff Cooke:
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Any other helpful information can be passed on to KSP Det. Wes Medley or Det. Adam Morgan. 270-782-2010

So did they receive a "tip" that she was in the creek, or did they recieve a report - that perhaps one of the searchers found her? To me that is two totally different scenarios...

I don't know if it was a tip or a report received, but I think once they realized that Gabby wasn't coming when her name was called 3 times...Everyone started looking for her. The games stopped and I read even the children helped look for her. I am guessing, since the land is wide open, till you get to the woods and creek/pond, that would be likely where everyone would have headed...Maybe after checking bathrooms etc....Just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77