Found Safe KY - Glenda Hawley, 56, Louisville, 1 Feb 2017

Car missing along with Glenda I'm assuming? Just got here, so I'll get caught up.

So I saw the question about any hazards and there is the Ohio river that is there. Plus, if you head over into Indiana there are the knobs which are small hills but very tedious to drive and many people have gone off the side and not been found for weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing yet ?? Alrighty then........MAP time.

After I made up the map, I saw something.............something very obvious to veteran sleuthers and/or just about anyone with common sense.............anybody else see the hazard ?

(Hint: If you want to end up here, bring some scuba gear.)

map here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ON-vNfiNSH6mx28HgNVRPYi9K5s&usp=sharing

Thank you for the map steelman!

Route along River Road, which runs very close to the Ohio river for about 2 miles? Any chance she could have driven into it? The car is missing too, so that often points to accidents involving a body of water or a ravine etc.

Is the one article the only media reports we have so far? Very little to go on, it seems.

Yeah looking at River Road more closely on the map, it starts running parallel to the river at Indian Hills Trails and it does look like it runs very close to the edge, which is lined with trees. Maybe someone who knows the area can tell us more about it. Is it a sudden drop down to the river? Is the river deep there?

What about CCTV at Wild Ritas? Looks like a lot of businesses in the area - a lot will have video, surely it would be easy to confirm that she made it to the car, got in and drove off ... alone.
Travelling the route Glenda would have taken and checking the guardrail seems prudent.

Why is there no news on her... no pleas for help, no articles, almost zero info.

Hawley was last seen around 9:15 p.m. on Wednesday, February 1 walking to her car - a white Lexus ES350 with West Virginia plate SQ037428 - after leaving Wild Rita's restaurant at the corner of Market and Jackson Streets.
http://www.wave3.com/story/34468553/traveling-nurse-from-wv-reported-missing-in-louisville

Yeah looking at River Road more closely on the map, it starts running parallel to the river at Indian Hills Trails and it does look like it runs very close to the edge, which is lined with trees. Maybe someone who knows the area can tell us more about it. Is it a sudden drop down to the river? Is the river deep there?

Yes, the river is really deep. The problem is it gets very murky sometimes so they have a hard time finding anything. It's a joke around here that you could dump a body in there and never find it again but now it's not that funny. Honestly from the Kentucky side you would really have to be lost to accidentally drive into the river though. Most of the river is lined with houses and businesses.

Why is there no news on her... no pleas for help, no articles, almost zero info.

Hawley was last seen around 9:15 p.m. on Wednesday, February 1 walking to her car - a white Lexus ES350 with West Virginia plate SQ037428 - after leaving Wild Rita's restaurant at the corner of Market and Jackson Streets.
http://www.wave3.com/story/34468553/traveling-nurse-from-wv-reported-missing-in-louisville

Wild Rita's is a block over from the river though.

I am a bit troubled by what I just read, and not sure if our online postings are a good idea. I don't know what to make of a statement posted on a FindGlenda page for a fundraiser . Why would they want to keep things so quiet??? Your thoughts, anyone?

"There will be very little in the way of updates, because the more private the investigation is kept, the better for Glenda... Please keep privately sharing this campaign."

It is a little difficult to go into the river from River Rd. on the KY side. It's actually busy, large park close by. I never say NOT possible. It is easy access to interstates, but Market Street is very busy and confusing at times. Easy to get lost and end up in some less than stellar neighborhood pockets. Imo

Yes. She's a traveling nurse and not familiar with the area. She may have gotten lost.

I am a bit troubled by what I just read, and not sure if our online postings are a good idea. I don't know what to make of a statement posted on a FindGlenda page for a fundraiser . Why would they want to keep things so quiet??? Your thoughts, anyone?

"There will be very little in the way of updates, because the more private the investigation is kept, the better for Glenda... Please keep privately sharing this campaign."

That kind of comment makes you think that maybe she is missing of her own volition. The only other thing I can think of is a ransom demand, but that seems unlikely because *everybody* goes to the police.

How does one privately share something? Like, everybody tell everybody but keep it a secret? Honest question!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I don't know... I am very troubled by the way it is worded. Two updates there, and both indicate there will be no information given so as to keep it private. How is keeping private the best option when a loved one is missing?

Does someone know where she might be? Could there be something that would hurt her employment? Is there a ransom being offered, thus no info for us? Even LE is awfully quiet ("case is currently under investigation but would not comment further." - See more at: http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news-c...eported-missing#sthash.pwwOrtzx.tPTkbR3z.dpuf ) If they suspected she drove off into the river, I think we wouldnusve been given that bit of info. Or at least they would be sending dive teams.

Seems to me that someone has a good idea where she may be, or who she could be with.

Ok everyone I just got the story from the second horses mouth. My best friend set up the go fund me for the family. She worded it that way but not because there is a big secret or they want to stay private but because it was to get a little aid on the side and they didn't want everyone to know that. Also, it sounds like it may be and abduction. Possibly someone she knew. Hope this helps and clears some things up

Ok everyone I just got the story from the second horses mouth. My best friend set up the go fund me for the family. She worded it that way but not because there is a big secret or they want to stay private but because it was to get a little aid on the side and they didn't want everyone to know that. Also, it sounds like it may be and abduction. Possibly someone she knew. Hope this helps and clears some things up

Respectfully, all I have to type in on the computer is Glenda Hawley missing and that Go Fund Me account is visible, so frankly I don't understand how they don't want everyone to know that. One can read the updates that they want it kept private. No, it isn't private on the internet. I hope Glenda is found safe and soon.

IMOO.

I'm perplexed. While I agree with and appreciate all of the tips on risks associated with landscape hazards near Glenda's presumed route ... I can't help but think that is just not an issue in this particular case. There has been scant coverage, no public pleas, literal "no comment" from law enforcement... there has to be something else going on here that is not quite as nefarious as vanishing into thin air. <modsnip>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back