Found Safe KY - Glenda Hawley, 56, Louisville, 1 Feb 2017

I'm perplexed. While I agree with and appreciate all of the tips on risks associated with landscape hazards near Glenda's presumed route ... I can't help but think that is just not an issue in this particular case. There has been scant coverage, no public pleas, literal "no comment" from law enforcement... there has to be something else going on here that is not quite as nefarious as vanishing into thin air. <modsnip>
Yes, I thinks it's odd that Glenda's friends seem to know what happened to her, but are they getting their info from LE, or are they drawing their own conclusions from something they know or suspect?

I would not abandon the landscape hazards. That is my usual gut instinct any more in a MP case where the vehicle is also missing. I was thinking Glenda may have gotten disoriented in the tangle of highways in downtown Louisville, and gotten on a bridge from which she entered the water. I vaguely remember a bridge I was on with someone else in the not too distant past. I don't remember if it was between Ohio and Ky (also spanning Ohio R), or somewhere else, but it was under construction and very confusing.

Has there been recent construction on the JFK or Lincoln bridge? Since they are toll bridges, I'd think there are plenty of cameras.

All of the various Facebook posts have gotten things completely cluttered up, but there is one common denominator, nobody seems to know for sure what happened to this woman.

Her daughter is upset because the cops didn't follow through on the initial missing person report. They were slow getting back to her, didn't file the necessary paperwork in the beginning, and seemed relatively unconcerned. She still seems pretty irked about it as recent as yesterday.

Her roommate/friend is upset for the same reason, but she wants to also know why the community at large isn't helping out more. She is encouraging people that Glenda helped, to get out and help find Glenda now.

Apparently at some point long ago, this missing nurse struggled with alcohol dependence, so all of the recovering alcoholics are jumping on the bandwagon asking for tolerance and understanding for, "her condition". There isn't much indication if this recovery took place 5 years ago or 25 years ago. It seems that a lot of these folks are young adults, so I get the impression that they may be friends of her daughters and are simply jumping into the middle of this as a show of support. The fact that Glenda was last seen at an establishment that served alcohol is enough to get all the recovering alcoholics all fired up.

<modsnip>

While all of these social media posts seem to muddy the water a bit, I think it is nothing more than people becoming aware that Glenda is missing and throwing in their two cents worth, much like we do here on Websleuths. I think the part about them asking for privacy and trying to keep things on the down low is based on the assumption that Glenda is okay and is off on her own volition. I think a better way to term it would be the "embarrassment factor" should this woman reappear no worse for the wear.

Based on the fact that she has always been dependable, considerate and caring, based on the fact that she has a daughter she is close to, and based on the fact that she is an animal lover who left her pet behind, I don't think this woman is going to simply reappear because she ran off on some tangent.

Like I said...........nobody has a clue what happened to her.

Time to drag the shoreline along River Road, especially in areas where there is a long straight run of brush with no guardrail present.

She may have swerved along that road to miss a dog or some other animal and ended upside-down in the Ohio River. She would be close to the shoreline though. Her white Lexus should reflect pretty good as long as it is sitting upright. If it's upside down, well............not good. The river is churned up and dirty, so anything deeper than 3 or 4 feet deep may be extremely hard to see, even from the air.

Looking into recent or secret love interest would also be a good avenue to pursue. Lots of scam artists on those dating sites. I tend to think that is a fairly remote possibility though, because she seems like the type that would've at least let a friend or co-worker know she was interacting with someone online. Everybody with half a brain knows that's the smart thing to do these days when it comes to meeting strangers from the internet.

Looks as if her family is holding out hope that she was abducted and being held. Why and by whom ? Watched too many movies lately ?

Let's start calling it the "Sherri Papini syndrome."

I tend to think she isn't.

View attachment 109657

View attachment 109658

View attachment 109659

View attachment 109660

Some pictures of submerged vehicles and what it may look like from the air.

This last picture..................well, I'll post the story behind it.

View attachment 109661

Employees at a Michigan funeral home were using a lift to decorate a tree for the holidays when they spotted the roof of a car in a nearby pond.

When authorities pulled the car from the pond, they found a person&#8217;s body inside the vehicle, according to WXIN.

The body is believed to be that of Davie Lee Niles, who disappeared in 2006, according to WOOD-TV.

The submerged car is visible in satellite images found on Google Maps.

After five years, family members published an obituary for Niles.

[video=youtube;EMXHjmN05Qo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMXHjmN05Qo[/video]

http://fox4kc.com/2015/11/12/car-wi...issing-since-2006-was-visible-on-google-maps/

But I still don't get why there is no media attention, at least locally. This one has me real nervous. Too many missing people that seem to just vanish. How, in this day of surveillance cameras and cell phones is that possible? just blabbering, since I don"t even know how to begin sleuthing this one. Wish there was at least a tidbit of info to move forward on.

But I still don't get why there is no media attention, at least locally. This one has me real nervous. Too many missing people that seem to just vanish. How, in this day of surveillance cameras and cell phones is that possible? just blabbering, since I don"t even know how to begin sleuthing this one. Wish there was at least a tidbit of info to move forward on.

The media attention is growing...........but too little too late. I just ran a search on Google and about 10-12 different news stories showed up about this disappearance. Some of them are doing the copy-and-paste bit, but the news is slowly spreading. I think her family and roommate are frustrated because there seems to be no sense of urgency on the part of LE.

Soon we will have to be subjected to that stage where LE does come forward and proclaim that they haven't found any signs of foul play and no indication of a crime. That argument of course can be completely ludicrous and silly if it turns out to be an accident. Of course there is no sign of foul play or a crime being committed ......... and there never will be. That doesn't mean that something couldn't have happened to this woman.

The family is screaming something is wrong, her friends are screaming something is wrong, her employer is filing missing person reports and knows there is something wrong............
.........the cops ?...................."Ahhh, We can't find any sign of foul play..........but call it in if you happen to see her". That kind of nonchalant attitude is why many families of these missing persons get so frustrated and take matters into their own hands.

Thank you, steelman. You expressed my frustration perfectly.

submerged vehicle1.jpg

submerged vehicle2.jpg

submerged vehicle3.jpg

submerged vehicle4.jpg

submerged5.jpg

Hmmmm....looks like a bunch of my files didn't attach right...........let's try it again !!

These are pics that weren't meant to be included on post #46 up there. They won't open for me........don't know why.....don't know if others are having the same problem.

I see your pics, steelman. thanks

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hmmmm....looks like a bunch of my files didn't attach right...........let's try it again !!

These are pics that weren't meant to be included on post #46 up there. They won't open for me........don't know why.....don't know if others are having the same problem.

Wow, thanks for posting these. That bottom one looks as if one was looking from the ground view it might not be visible. That water looks fairly clear. I can only imagine trying to locate one in a murky river.

Ideas:

Does Glenda's roommate have the ability to check Glenda's activity on a computer or laptop in the apartment? What sites had she visited - dating sites, meet-ups, hobbyist groups?

Is there any chance her phone may be connected to the cloud somewhere and accessible on that pc/laptop (if there is one)? Sometimes people will plug their phone into a pc/laptop to back up pictures or even to charge it and may not realize the data they've left behind. Check that asap if not already done.

Any chance she's left her email logged in? You can often locate and control your cell phone through some of the advanced features (gmail for instance can locate it).

What about her FB, could it be logged in on a tablet or pc somewhere in the apartment? Check messages and recent friend adds, group activity.

iPhone or Android? What happens when her number is called? Does anyone have her vm password? Can anyone guess?

What about reporting her car as stolen to insurance? Is that a way to force a gps trace on it? I have no idea.

LE needs to get that phone pinged pronto. Get bank activity checked. If there's any activity, there will be CCTV video on that - but only for a time, then it goes away.

Canvas all the businesses near Wild Ritas or whatever its called. Beg the managers not to allow any CCTV footage to be deleted until LE gets on it.

Follow the route Glenda would have been expected to take. Look for anything that has damage along the way (signs, guardrails, trash barrels, debris on the side of the road). Then do it again. And again.

Vehicles will have two sets of keys. Where is the second set?

I'll keep thinking.

Ideas:

Does Glenda's roommate have the ability to check Glenda's activity on a computer or laptop in the apartment? What sites had she visited - dating sites, meet-ups, hobbyist groups?

Is there any chance her phone may be connected to the cloud somewhere and accessible on that pc/laptop (if there is one)? Sometimes people will plug their phone into a pc/laptop to back up pictures or even to charge it and may not realize the data they've left behind. Check that asap if not already done.

Any chance she's left her email logged in? You can often locate and control your cell phone through some of the advanced features (gmail for instance can locate it).

What about her FB, could it be logged in on a tablet or pc somewhere in the apartment? Check messages and recent friend adds, group activity.

iPhone or Android? What happens when her number is called? Does anyone have her vm password? Can anyone guess?

What about reporting her car as stolen to insurance? Is that a way to force a gps trace on it? I have no idea.

LE needs to get that phone pinged pronto. Get bank activity checked. If there's any activity, there will be CCTV video on that - but only for a time, then it goes away.

Canvas all the businesses near Wild Ritas or whatever its called. Beg the managers not to allow any CCTV footage to be deleted until LE gets on it.

Follow the route Glenda would have been expected to take. Look for anything that has damage along the way (signs, guardrails, trash barrels, debris on the side of the road). Then do it again. And again.

Vehicles will have two sets of keys. Where is the second set?

I'll keep thinking.

That's a great question!! I'll see what I can find out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recovering alcoholics get "fired up" because for them, alcohol is deadly. Going to a place that serves alcohol puts her at risk. If she's a recovering alcoholic "out on a bender" , one way or another, she might not make it back. It's a very serious disease. Just FYI.

I think the family wants to keep this low-key because it threatens her livelihood (Let alone her life).

That is a great list, JadeSLeuth!

It should be easy enough to know of she had been drinking at the restaurant by asking her dinner partner. Perhaps there is video from a business cam that shows her car actually left the parking area?

Some of us have been made aware lately that some auto insurance companies are encouraging their customers to put a GPS/speed sensor in their vehicles to help reduce their insurance rates. This came to light recently in the Toni Anderson case, which is still ongoing by the way.

I don't know much about 2013 Lexus vehicles, but any chance her car may have been set up in a similar fashion ? That would at least provide police with an idea of when and where her vehicle was running, idling, and stopped.

Off topic

Just a suggestion for those new and unfamiliar with WS use. You can only save a set amount of PMs ( inbox and saves), so be sure to clear some out at times. No one can reply or send a message if you don't.

I used to work for a staffing company that placed Traveling Nurses specifically. And Jewish Hospital was a customer of mine. Don't know Glenda but surely - following.

I believe they were roommates for less than 8 months. They may not have known esch other real well yet, but did connect in friendship and through their jobs.

It kind of sounds like she knows what happened to her.

Maybe so.

I'm confused about lack of alarm, or maybe I just perceive and/or feel things differently. Or maybe there's more concern/worry as time passes???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back