KY KY - Williamstown, Grant Co, off KY 22 W of Dry Ridge, WhtMale 25-39, UP86, GSW, Hands Cut Off, In Tobacco Barn, Ext Dental Wk "Perfect Smile", Apr'89

It probably won’t hurt. On my big spreadsheet, I have him listed as 25-40. I know, at the time, I made sure I kept the most commonly used vitals, or an average of all the sources. I think 30-39 does seem a little specific from what I remember from my initial research.

Okay I requested a review. I just don't want younger possibilities to be missed, if he could be as young as 25.
Hopefully he gets his name back this year.

I wonder if investigating officials have considered that this victim, and some of the other unidentified male victims found in KY, might have been killed by Herb Baumeister. I suspect he killed many more men than have been connected to him.

The one problem I see with this proposition is the size of the victim....he was considerably larger than Baumeister, and would have been hard for Baumeister to hoist up to hang in the barn. He'd have needed an accomplice.

I wonder if investigating officials have considered that this victim, and some of the other unidentified male victims found in KY, might have been killed by Herb Baumeister. I suspect he killed many more men than have been connected to him.

The one problem I see with this proposition is the size of the victim....he was considerably larger than Baumeister, and would have been hard for Baumeister to hoist up to hang in the barn. He'd have needed an accomplice.

I believe there is a possibility that one person was committing these crimes all alone. I believe this gentleman and a few others, could've been mentally challenged, and therefore, more trusting and responsive to commands. JMHO

I wish more KY cases were being worked by DDP, Othram or similar organizations. I’m not sure whether or not a serial killer(s) was responsible for some, but several do have similarities. Especially the males.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had some German descent either given those results. I'm about 75% German (specifically, PA Dutch) - along with 1/8 Slovene and 1/8 British and Welsh, mind you - and the Eurogenes K13 admixture calculator on GEDMatch scores me at about 25% Baltic ancestry, despite me not knowing of any ancestors that came from the Baltic region.
View attachment 276070
Grant County John Doe looks to have about 1/3 Baltic ancestry here, eyeballing it.
View attachment 276071
His specific mix, though, is almost surely much different than mine considering he looks to have much more Mediterranean ancestry and much less North Atlantic ancestry than me. Not too familiar with how admixtures would align with particular ethnic groups, admittedly, but is it possible that Grant County John Doe could have some Italian or Eastern European ancestry as well to account for the difference?

It looks to me like West Asian + Eastern Mediterranean + Red Sea + Northeast Africa = about a quarter of the circle and a high chance that one of his grandparents is Arab ethnicity. But I might be misreading it.

I remember reading (Namus or other source) about this UID having "flat-head syndrome" but now it doesn't appear on Namus nor DNADoe page (or I'm overlooking it). I thought I had the wrong person until I went back through this thread and saw this condition was discussed.

The UID was reportedly shot twice in the back of the head so maybe that was the actual cause of the deformity (not flat-head syndrome)? I'm confused (as often happens).

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

ETA: One other question... Why is the Texas Department of Public Safety the investigating agency? (Per Doe Network)

3254DMWV - Ernest Stanley Slavik

mpDetails

Last edited:
ETA: One other question... Why is the Texas Department of Public Safety the investigating agency? (Per Doe Network)

mpDetails

Snipped by me--usually that would be because the person who reported him missing is in Texas, or because he was from there and only visiting the place he disappeared from. Sometimes there's a task force investigating similar crimes in different areas, but this looks more like just where he was reported.

Snipped by me--usually that would be because the person who reported him missing is in Texas, or because he was from there and only visiting the place he disappeared from. Sometimes there's a task force investigating similar crimes in different areas, but this looks more like just where he was reported.

Hmm... interesting info.

Has anyone suggested Clyde McKown?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

He looks similar to the old composite. I've been looking through his ancestry. GC Doe has similar admixture to my own, which makes me think he is from the tristate area.
Hmm. I’m not swayed either way with this one.

This is a rather vague statement, found here. “Clyde McKown has scarring on his legs from when a bomb exploded near him while he was in the Military.” Wonder if this was a serious injury (detectable on the victim in his state), or a minor one.

Hmm. I’m not swayed either way with this one.

This is a rather vague statement, found here. “Clyde McKown has scarring on his legs from when a bomb exploded near him while he was in the Military.” Wonder if this was a serious injury (detectable on the victim in his state), or a minor one.

It sounds like shrapnel wounds, which would probably mean several smaller scars. I don't know how prominent those would be.

That Ernest Stanley Slavik shown in post #66 still looks like the most likely candidate to me. Maybe the coroner got the age range of the deceased wrong.

Koolaid John Doe.jpg ESSlavik.jpg

Differences: age, schrapnel in back, maybe a little short, hair color maybe off.

Pros: facial resemblance, Slavik is a name common to several areas that show up in the DNA chart

I read through the thread. This is probably the first time I've seen the height of a UID listed without any range which is a little unusual. I do see an incredible similarity between this JD and missing person Slavik with the eastern European name reflecting some of the admixture and the slight misalignment of the nose. I just wonder how fit looking he was to be considered a match for a UID estimated to be in his 20s to late 30s when he was one year shy of sixty when this UID was found.

I found this guy, another missing veteran. He's been missing since 1986. His height has been given anywhere from 5'7" to 6'1" and between 175 to 225 pounds. He'd been in a VA hospital but it hasn't been identified which.

Patrick Kevin Taylor

I found a picture of him at a younger age. There are quite a few facial similarities. The height is a problem though. The UID was shot twice in the back of the head with a .22. Did those bullets exit through the face rendering him unrecognizable or was putrefaction and decomp the problem?

Attachments

• doe network.jpg
    doe network.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 10
  • patrick_kevin_taylor_06 (2).png
    patrick_kevin_taylor_06 (2).png
    72.8 KB · Views: 10

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors