KY KY - Heather Teague, 23, Spottsville, 26 Aug 1995

missacorah said:
But how old would that guy have been when Heather disappeared? (the husband of Sue Ann, I mean)

I'm not sure how old he is now but I've wondered the same thing. It doesn't sound like LE ever suspected him.

What about that truck driver that LE had their eyes on. He was in that area when Heather disappeared. I still wonder about the guy that committed suicide when they wanted to search his property. The one that someone who had been watching Heather with a telescope on the beach said he saw the guy that committed suicide drag her away at gun point? It sounds like he may have been the killer. Otherwise why would he have committed suicide when he knew LE were coming to his house?

A retired detective from New York who specializes in cold cases spent the day investigating the disappearance of Heather Teague.

The Dixon, Kentucky, woman was sun bathing on a Henderson County beach 13 years ago when a witness says a gunman dragged her away at gunpoint.

Heather Teague would have been 36 on April 25.

http://www.14wfie.com/global/story.asp?s=8228979

I was on Jeffrey Bean's thread and noticed a message from his mother who asked that we look for Heather Teaque so I thought I would start a thread for her.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1325dfky.html

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 25, 1972
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 90-100 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes. Fair skin. Flat feet.
Marks, Scars: Teague has scoliosis and as a result has a noticeable curvature of the spine. She also has a round, red birthmark on her right buttock.
Clothing: Red plaid bathing suit (it was found near the abduction site).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
On August 26, 1995 Heather Teague was sunbathing on Newburgh Beach in Spottsville, Ky. The Newburgh beach area - rural Henderson County is on the Ohio River across from Newburgh, Indiana. An eye witness from across the river watched through a telescope as a man wearing a wig and a mosquito net dragged Teague into the woods.
Heather's stalker may have been caught on tape just minutes before. A local farmer was videotaping crop vandalism in the area that day, and recorded Heather's car and, just down the road, a red Ford Bronco.
As a result of locating that type of vehicle through registration checks, police developed a primary suspect in the case, who drove a red Bronco and had a criminal history. When police went to question him, the suspect reportedly killed himself

Special search for woman missing since 1995

NEWBURGH, IN (WFIE)- A special search has been scheduled for a woman missing from the Tri-State for more than 13 years.

In 1995, a witness watched as Heather Teague was dragged from Newburgh beach at gunpoint. She disappeared and hasn't been seen since.

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=9581891&nav=menu54_2

Missing woman's scent on rescue dog's nose

The search for Heather Teague, who was abducted 13 years ago while sunbathing on Newburgh Beach in Henderson County, Ky., will resume Monday where it began — on the bank of the Ohio River across from Newburgh.

A bloodhound will be the newest addition in the effort to solve a mystery that surrounds the disappearance of the Webster County, Ky., woman.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2008/dec/25/missing-womans-scent-on-rescue-dogs-nose/

Heather Teague disappeared on Newburgh Beach 13 years ago. An attorney with the Teague family says the dog picked up Heather's scent near the home 13 times during Tuesday's search, but so far they haven't been granted permission to go on the property.

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=9597466

It would be a blessing to her family if they could find her. I remember when this happened. Such a sad thing. I still can't believe a man across the river watched her being abducted. I'm not sure he called the police when he saw it happening.

Has anyone heard anything recently on this case? I had been following for a while when the Christopher Below/Kathy Fetzer case was moving along. Then I didn't hear or see anything else. I found it odd that this man has been placed in various areas where these women have disappeared. Unfortunately, this man will be a free man in a short number of years.

Bump

Heather has been missing 15 years. Come home soon.

I've always felt for her mother. I lived in Evansville Indiana (just across the river from where she was the day this happened) when Heather went missing, and that is one mother who has never given up trying to find the truth.
I don't know why there was never a search warrant issued for the property of the man who shot himself.
I also don't understand how his wife could turn away a distraught anguished mother, and not allow a search to be conducted.
You've not been forgotten Heather, thanks to your loving tiger of a mother...
I bet you're proud of her...wherever you are.

Reactions: Hap
I've always felt for her mother. I lived in Evansville Indiana (just across the river from where she was the day this happened) when Heather went missing, and that is one mother who has never given up trying to find the truth.
I don't know why there was never a search warrant issued for the property of the man who shot himself.
I also don't understand how his wife could turn away a distraught anguished mother, and not allow a search to be conducted.
You've not been forgotten Heather, thanks to your loving tiger of a mother...
I bet you're proud of her...wherever you are.

Thanks for sharing your memories mmmagique. I left Louisville in 1993 and was living in Europe when Heather was abducted. I didn't find out about her until I joined WS.

15 years to the date. It's time for this to be resolved.

From an interview Heather's mother gave a few years ago:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/406833/missing_pieces_interview_transcript.html?cat=2

"I had left 3 boxes of in this attic where we used to live and these boxes were brought back to me and in the bottom of one of these boxes, now after 10 years, no moths have eaten this little journal or nothing, and I had written when Heather was 23 months old, I had written, "I am so afraid a big man will some day take my Heather away" and the date in there was August the 25th, 1974.

On August the 26th, when Heather was 23 years, that's what happened. When I read that, I knew that this thing was way beyond me, way beyond you know, that God does have a purpose and a plan and that it's my job, I'm her mother no matter how many mistakes that I made, God still is going to guide me and get me to the day where I'll know where she is. If I can write a statement like that before she was even 2 years old, I know without a doubt, he's bringing her home to me someday."

Let this be the year this mother's wondering comes to an end.

We're still thinking of you Heather, and those who love you.

I grew up in the area that Heather did and was always saddened by her story. There is some info that has never been released about the suspect that shot himself. For some reason, the press has not released info about some of his other suspected crimes. I wonder if Heather's mother was told about these other "events". I won't get into them here, but know for a FACT that he was not a good man.
Below and Dill knew each other and I believe they were probably both involved w/ Heather's disappearance. Her mother holds a vigil every year for Heather in Hopkins County and puts purple ribbons on trees in memory of Heather. There was a controversy a while back when someone complained about the ribbons and wanted them removed. It's silly to me that someone would complain about something like that.

Hoping that this year Heather will come home!

I sure wish you could share more info about his "other suspected crimes". Are you thinking a serial killer? I have always wondered if this case is related to the disappearance of Regina Renee Cox and other missing dark haired young girls in the Northern KY, Southern OH area.

This case is close to my home also. My question is- Is the wife still living? Did Heather's Mother ever try to contact her? You would think that guilt would me eating at her.

Here;s to remembering Heather tonight...Please God, Don't let this woman go to the grave without finding her daughter

Heather Teague disappeared on Newburgh Beach 13 years ago. An attorney with the Teague family says the dog picked up Heather's scent near the home 13 times during Tuesday's search, but so far they haven't been granted permission to go on the property.

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=9597466

I'm shocked that scent is still there after 13 years. And why in the world can't the get a warrant to search!?!

Thinking of Heather today... it's been too long! Hope her mother finds answers soon

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back