Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

I'd be willing to help search, if anything is ever set up.

People, it's been FIVE months since Mike Kimsey disappeared and NOT A TRACE! Please keep the family in your prayers and pray Mike will be found.

Breaking news on WAVE3 today. Parents are in town, police are searching quarry (water) for Mike as I write this. They finally got someone to search something.

I think I already know th answer to this , however:

Did his wife help search???

I heard that and thought, while it may be true, it is a odd thing to mention at 5 months missing. I think I might have mentioned that day 4 when I found out he was missing.
I think it is obvious that his parents believe there is a good chance he is not coming home alive. Very sad.

ALansby- Are you saying this was mentioned earlier in the investigation?

I do believe his family has resigned themselves to him not coming home alive.

No, not at all, Cutter, I apologize for being unclear. I was referencing the timing of that disclosure. I think it is odd to mention (at least publicly) for the first time that their son told them something bad was going to happen "in his household". It's one thing to say something like that, another thing to say something like that and then disappear. I just wonder why his parents didn't release that earlier in the timeline of him being missing? That's what seemed odd, the timing.

I wondered that myself. Were they keeping quiet in hopes someone would tell them where their son is? Did they feel threatened? Were they told by LE not to mention this publicly?

Well, they didn't find him, but after five months in water, what would you find? Also, if the dogs "hit on something" was it specific to Mike or just humana remains? I know dogs cannot smell in water, so exactly what did they do?
I guess everyone just gave up and went home? I would have loved to know where all they did search with the dogs, so that areas can be eliminated. I still think he is in the wooded areas, of not still in the quarry. Scary thought.

I think you would be surprised how extensive the amount of remains can be, even after five months in the water.

I understand that cadaver dogs can find bodies in water- see following link. http://animals.howstuffworks.com/animal-facts/sar-dog2.htm

My concern is that nothing has been said about this on the "Help Find Mike Kimsey" Facebook page. It has been stated on there that there is a perceived last of interest or help, and that Mike's parents have had to hire a PI to help get anywhere.

My perception of missing person's cases is that after the initial shock, horror, disbelief and panic that a person has gone missing most people tend to go back to their everyday lives and move on, especially if the missing person is not promoted through main stream media or social media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back