KY - Joseph Brock, 2, deceased in house fire, London, March 30 2019. Father sought. *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by CSIDreamer, Mar 30, 2019.

1. CSIDreamer

CSIDreamer Well-Known Member

In some way, I understand her defending her son. But my gosh, that is her grandchild that perished. I'd be a babbling, incoherent mess.

2. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Maybe that’s what she was. I’m sure her world is turned upside down.
    IMO I don’t think the dad has a chance of avoiding conviction, no matter his defense. The outrage is huge.
    He has been convicted in the court of public opinion.
    Grandma was not there, she has no idea what really occurred. The burns on daddy’s right hand fingers sound suspicious.

3. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Any mention of the mom?

4. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Not that I have seen.

Update: Murder suspect's mother believes 1-year-old caused deadly fire

"As for how the toddler ended up in the washing machine, A**** said, "I think he was smart enough to get away from the fire. I think he was trying to get away from the fire".

The only way I think a child could easily get in a washing machine would be if it was a front loader.. moo

I've never seen a front loader washing machine in a trailer. All top loaders that I have seen. Even the combo units it is a top loader for most trailers. Perhaps it's price point or compactness reason?

ETA The judge says the grand jury returns April 19th.

Case against Kentucky toddler’s dad goes to grand jury. Boy found in washer after fire.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  5. StrangeOne

StrangeOne Well-Known Member

I have stayed away from this thread because of pure rage. The grandmother is completely out of touch with reality if she thinks running away from a burning trailer and leaving your son behind is the normal actions of a loving parent. I love my son but if he ever did anything like this I would not make excuses for him. I have health issues which make it hard for me to get around outside of my home but I will try my best to stay on top of the issues.

@dixiegirl1035 The only way a child of his age could crawl into a washing machine on his own is if it was a front loader unless he climbed up on a chair to do it. Do you think a small toddler would do that? I am a momma of 6 children. My oldest 5 are adults and my teenager just turned 18 and is still at home. At no point did any of them climb in the washing machine. Let me say 4 of those kids tried to give me a nervous break down for a solid 10 years. They did everything else though. From trying to set the house on fire to shaving the dog. I pray they don't end up on websleuths :D

To clear things up you can have any type of washer you want in a trailer.

Jim_M, kimpage, SuziQ and 4 others like this.
  6. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

They do make front loads that have the same dimension as top loads. I’m not ruling out the child sliding a chair to the laundry room & climbing in. But! He could not have done so if his dad watched him while mom worked. Instead, dad got his last high, it seems. What an excuse.
    Could he not at least say “I was in the shower”, or simply “I could not make it to other areas in the trailer.”
    In KY, he will prob get get 20-30 years. A recent murder suspect was just sentenced, 20 years, eligible for parole in 4. Disgusting.

7. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Father is indicted on two counts in toddler son's death - ABC 36 News

By Justin Roth - May 18

A Laurel County grand Jury indicted 26 year Old Ashely Vaugh Brock on two counts; one count for murder, the other for arson.

Kentucky State Police also say Brock had blisters on his ring and middle finger of his right hand, but had no other blisters or injuries on his body. They say Brock claimed he got the blisters trying to open a baby gate during the fire, but detectives say the burns were not consistent with grabbing a hot item.

London man accused of death of toddler indicted for murder, arson on Friday

An autopsy of the toddler was performed by the state medical examiner, which Saunders said showed that the cause of death was smoke inhalation.

Ottis pointed out that investigators did not offer a specific cause for the fire, merely coming to the conclusion that it was not caused by faulty wiring or electrical issues. For that reason, Ottis argued that for probable cause to be found in the case, Brock would have had to intentionally started the fire and that there was no concrete evidence showing that he had.

Ultimately, the judge determined the case showed probable cause, sending in on to a grand jury.

Brock currently remains jailed in the Laurel County Correctional Facility under a $500,000 cash bond.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Jim_M likes this.
  8. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

So glad the murderer is behind bars.
    What a heinous crime.

OhioBlues and Jim_M like this.
  9. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Blisters on his two fingers....huh

Jim_M likes this.