KY KY - Kathy, 48, & Samantha Netherland, 16, Botland, 21 April 2014

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Tulessa, Apr 25, 2014.

1. jULIA_bEE

jULIA_bEE Well-Known Member

Kathy Netherland’s fb is still up and she talks about having to pick her up from college a LOT. At one point, there was some discussion about her wanting to come back home but Kathy talked her into sticking it out until the year was up. I think she would definitely still be able to tell if the house was out of order.

2. Kyshoegal

Kyshoegal Well-Known Member

The first year my daughter was at college I did not see her much, after Freshman year I talk to her every day and I see her at least once a month. And we have nothing of note going on within our family, say her father dying. Relationships vary so all families are different, that being said...it would not be unusual for her to be home frequently.

steeltowngirl likes this.
  3. veryrandomname

veryrandomname New Member

Hey guys, just checking into this thread. Created an account primarily to follow this case. I have nothing special to contribute yet, but I have read just about everything that has been posted online and have been following the news on this case for 5 years. Hoping that I can help to connect some dots!

4. jULIA_bEE

I don’t think it’s necessarily unusual. I do know that if you go through Kathy Netherland’s FB, you’ll see status’ and comments about how frequent she was driving back and forth to pick her up and drop her back off at school. She definitely seemed concerned about her not wanting to finish out the semester and a little tired from getting Samantha to and from every thing she was involved in, and then making the trip back and forth on the weekends to pick her oldest up from Morehead, which is roughly 2 hours away.

TedMac, steeltowngirl and JaneEyre like this.
  5. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Good point that she would know if the house was out of order.

I still have to wonder if she’d know for sure that nothing was missing. Or if something was missing from somewhere outside of the house, such as from a safe deposit box.

In other words, if a person didn’t know something existed to begin with, how would they know that it was actually not missing?

TedMac likes this.
  6. jULIA_bEE

It’s entirely possible that something was taken from the house and has gone unnoticed. Generally speaking though, if someone is looking for something in particular, of value that’s not in plain sight, they’d have to do quite a bit of rummaging around to find it. I guess just because things weren’t out of place doesn’t necessarily mean things weren’t missing. The whole things seems really personal and I have a hard time believing it was someone unknown to them.

steeltowngirl and TedMac like this.
  7. steeltowngirl

I know right? I’ve been concerned that Kathy or Samantha were being painfully coerced to say where the valuables or possibly pain meds were. Then killed. And someone known to them could be aware something was most definitely missing, and then not tell the police that it was gone. Would only be an item known to the perpetrator, and to at least one of the victims (since deceased, can’t speak for themselves as to missing items). ALL is my opinion and speculation.

Not liking any of this, and especially the silence from LE on the case.

8. steeltowngirl

9. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

10. karenky

karenky Well-Known Member

I agree.

JaneEyre, steeltowngirl and mom2chloe like this.
  11. steeltowngirl

I have to agree with you. Will it ever happen?
    These ladies were on my mind today. They deserve to be remembered.
    We will continue to hope for justice for Kathy and Samantha.

mom2chloe and JaneEyre like this.
  12. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

Do you think LE has suspects in mind... Just not enough evidence to charge them??

steeltowngirl likes this.
  13. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

Yes.

steeltowngirl and fred&edna like this.
  14. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

Thanks for replying, JE. With so much violence perpetrated against the victims, it seems (imo) impossible that evidence leading to the killer/s wasn't found at the scene. It's so sad no one has been charged.

steeltowngirl and mom2chloe like this.