Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Shin Masamura, May 13, 2019.

1. Rhenish

Rhenish Well-Known Member

"......cirumstances that we can't talk about right now". I can read a lot of, not good, things into that statement.

2. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I heard the search was called off pending info from Sheriff & KSP, I got a dif’ feeling.
    Even wondering if someone could have approached the house from the rear, was there an accident, or what?
    If he was gone oveer 5 minutes, the 1/2 mi radius was not enough, imo.
    I guess LE will conduct interviews again & go from there, to determine if the official search resumes?

3. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

@gardener the official search was called off @ 6:30 last night. Volunteers, friends & family continue to search.

4. moonriverfarm

moonriverfarm Well-Known Member

My hinky meter went off at the first post. Two different stories of how the boy was lost did it for me.

5. Elliot_Alderson

Elliot_Alderson Well-Known Idiot

Trudie, have you and your friend given anymore though to searching on horseback?

6. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

My husband was over there with Magoffin County SAR most of the day yesterday, but then they suddenly stopped everyone and sent them home. He thought it was just in the one area that he was in, but others said that the whole thing was suspended. They didn't give him the call this morning. My family comes from Magoffin County. My cousin Betty Jo helps run the historical society and she knows the family well (I do not). We were just there 2 week ago to visit (and the Dairy Queen has literally not changed in 30 years...I think it may even have the same employees). It's a nice town right there off the Mountain Parkway. I grew up in Hazel Green in nearby Wolfe County and it was one of the places where we'd go to shop. They don't usually see things like this.

This is not going to have a good outcome, I'm afraid. I think at this point the best outcome would be that he is with other people who are seeing to his needs. At least then he'd be alive. Mountains are high and woods thick over there. And it's been freezing cold and rainy for the past 2 days (today looks nice, though). I don't see how he could have survived overnight.

7. castilloisno1

castilloisno1 Well-Known Member

Sadly,I feel like such a cynic. No parents are on MSM begging for their son...there are hardly any photos of this kid. My kids are well into adulthood,but I still had tons of photos of them at that age that this little boy is. With phones,it is even easier to take photos. I want this to end up like that little boy from NC who said a purple bear watched over him. I really want him to be found safe and sound. I do,but I am getting such bad vibes. Prove me wrong searchers!

8. Mauig’ma

Mauig’ma Well-Known Member

That’s what did it for me too. Way too many unknowns started off in this case. I’ll continue Wishful thinking though.

24Roses, cass523, Mistree and 6 others like this.
  9. ab01

ab01 Ooh Rah

I don't read much into those statements as things are often misinterpreted, especially when it comes to specifics as reported from person to person and source to MSM.

But I will say There probably isn't a lot of strangers back that rural hollow drive area

I think a stranger abduction is extremely unlikely, is it possible sure. But there are probably much more likely scenarios

10. hawkeyefan51

hawkeyefan51 Well-Known Member

What a sweet, sweet little boy! I pray this is not another child murder and he is alive in the woods and a bear kept him warm just like that missing 4yr old from TN (?) last year. Will follow but not closely. I don't think I can take bad news about another child this week. :(:(

11. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Yeah, I think a stranger abduction is possible but not likely. We had that other little girl wander off into the mountains not too long ago and everyone thought it was an abduction. She was found, though, hiding under a tree. Cold and scared, but okay. There is less urgency on the "searching" part today which makes me think that LE has a pretty good idea as to what happened.

CarmelEyesD, 24Roses, cass523 and 9 others like this.
  12. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

The official search has been called off less then 48 hours after the child is missing. This along with the Dad's ever changing story of how he disappeared leads me to believe that this is more than a child wandering off. What a sweet boy.

13. jojowood

jojowood Well-Known Member

I said I wouldn’t get myself wrapped up in another child case...but here I am :( I’m praying this little guy is warm and somewhere safe..

14. Mauig’ma

I wonder if he has siblings? Family dynamics?

15. n_6CC

n_6CC Well-Known Member

Trudie- can you expand upon your thoughts of 1/2 mile not being far enough? Perfecting Pink feels the same way. I was calculating some distances I thought might be appropriate and came up within that 1/2 mile range- I am not familiar with average distances of this age range and I am very interested in your opinion and thoughts for future reference. I have no idea about the terrain there either, but it looks hellacious. TIA!!
    Praying they find this beautiful boy!

hollye and Amonet like this.
  16. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Agreed -- I have a just-turned 2 y/o g-daughter and she has tons of energy. She has a circular little path (better called a "racetrack") inside their house where she just takes off and goes and goes, smiling at us when she goes around the corner where we are -- we clap, say hi, and she just giggles and does it again and again. They love to go, go, go. When they get tired, they rest or take a short nap and are ready to go again. We know how boundless this energy is, and we envy it with wonder. I don't see a child sitting down and just crying for hours, even in the woods. They are little people of action.
    By now, though, we have dehydration, hunger, a wet diaper, dirt, sore feet, and survival instinct involved. The situation for him is changing, and now is not the time to give up on the action -- unless some new ideas, etc., are in on the search and rescue agenda.

17. n_6CC

n_6CC Well-Known Member

This article states that Local volunteer FD was called and they searched for around 30 minutes before LE was notified at 8:30. It could be a reporting error, but I thought I would post as it would shorten the timeline roughly 30 minutes.
    Missing toddler in Gunlock | Salyersville Independent

cass523, Mistree, borndem and 4 others like this.
  18. Mauig’ma

Why in the world would they discontinue the search? I just don’t get their reasoning for it.

19. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

20. osu

osu Well-Known Member

From the video:
    Official search ended last night.
    Kentucky State Police are now in charge of the investigation.
    A KSP detective is at the home.
    Reporter spoke of Kenneth in past tense, “road where Kenneth lived”.

Live video posted 17 min ago
    Update on search for missing toddler in Magoffin County

Last edited: May 14, 2019