Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Shin Masamura, May 13, 2019.

1. Cagle

Cagle Well-Known Member

Thank heavens!

2. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

3. jewels13

jewels13 Active Member

So glad he is alive! I’m following several cases and it’s so nice to have a good ending for at least one of these babies!

4. cryscrys

cryscrys Well-Known Member

And then sometimes stories like this come along and restore faith. So happy for all involved what an amazing little boy.

5. Mercedes

Mercedes Verified Lawyer

I am so over joyed, you just don’t know!
    And relieved, happy, jubilant, etc.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  6. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Maybe Casey's bear looked after him.

7. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

Local TV reporter live, said they are taking parents up to him now. Found on a cliff. You can see the horseback riders in the background....

Mountain Top News

8. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

What a happy surprise! I'm so glad he was found, and I'm looking forward to finding out where he was found!

9. Mercedes

Mercedes Verified Lawyer

He was wearing red sweatpants, and IMO rescuers took them off to check for injuries. I think he looks just right!

10. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

MAGOFFIN COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT/WKYT) -- UPDATE 5/15/19 @ 2:45 p.m.
    A missing child from Magoffin County was found safely by rescue crews Wednesday, although he was in a potentially deadly situation, rescue crews say.

Kenneth Howard was found on a 50-foot cliff in the Hueysville area, according to Magoffin Rescue Squad Director Carter Conley. Rescue crews heard crying and used a basket to get to Kenneth, who's only 22 months old.

Kenneth was found about 1,755 feet from home on old mine property. Family members say they believe he may have walked out the back door of the home.

Other than some dehydration, Kenneth is said to doing OK. A helicopter was sent to fly him to a pediatric trauma center.

An extensive search effort has been underway all week. It involved helicopters, drones with thermal cameras, K-9 search teams, off-road vehicles and others searching on foot.

We have a crew at the scene. Keep checking the WSAZ app for the latest information.

UPDATE | Missing toddler from eastern Ky. found safe

11. becrietz

becrietz Active Member

Such great news!

12. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

Reporter said they gave him water. Maybe they changed him, too.

13. osu

osu Well-Known Member

MAGOFFIN COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT/WKYT) -- UPDATE 5/15/19 @ 2:45 p.m.
    A missing child from Magoffin County was found safely by rescue crews Wednesday, although he was in a potentially deadly situation, rescue crews say.

Kenneth Howard was found on a 50-foot cliff in the Hueysville area, according to Magoffin Rescue Squad Director Carter Conley. Rescue crews heard crying and used a basket to get to Kenneth, who's only 22 months old.

Kenneth was found about 1,755 feet from home on old mine property. Family members say they believe he may have walked out the back door of the home.

Other than some dehydration, Kenneth is said to doing OK. A helicopter was sent to fly him to a pediatric trauma center.

An extensive search effort has been underway all week. It involved helicopters, drones with thermal cameras, K-9 search teams, off-road vehicles and others searching on foot.

We have a crew at the scene. Keep checking the WSAZ app for the latest information.

UPDATE | Missing toddler from eastern Ky. found safe

14. Rossymom

Rossymom Well-Known Member

My heart is singing!

15. mtnlites

mtnlites Scooby Doo Gang Membership Pending

So they had sent a search crew into Floyd County this morning and my husband was a couple of hundred yards away when they found him right over the county line. There are lots of old strip mines in that area (all over Floyd County, actually). He said it appears that he was there on his own and, in his opinion, it looked like he had been outside the entire time. In other words, it's his opinion that Kenneth has been wandering around and not that someone freaked out and just dropped him off in a place where he would be found (that was one of my thoughts). The searchers are all pretty stunned. They said he was tired, cranky, and dirty but that he seemed to be mostly okay. They were worried about hypothermia and dehydration. The searchers went in this morning thinking that it would be a recovery and not a rescue so...yay.

I don't know how much I'm allowed to say when it comes to what the rescuers did or didn't do after they found him. He was definitely being tended to while they waited for the ambulance to arrive, though. People were there with blankets, pull-ups, and water.

16. Amstorrs

Amstorrs Well-Known Member

So what I’m hearing in the video from wymt is that they expanded their half a mile search radius today and that’s then they found him!

17. Trish51

Trish51 Well-Known Member

Great news!!! I am so glad the little cutie was found safe. Love when cases end this way!

18. cryscrys

cryscrys Well-Known Member

Also, would be pretty brazen for someone to risk dropping him off in an area that was being searched. This is a miracle and nothing more. JMO

5CentsWorth, Vern, melodyl and 16 others like this.
  19. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Choochoobella, Vern, melodyl and 16 others like this.
  20. Xxxx83

Xxxx83 Active Member

Wow that's amazing news. Hope they get some food to this little guy quick. Now might be the parents best opportunity to get him to eat some veggies.