Found Deceased KY - Lori Feltz, 58, Carlisle, 26 Dec 2016

Human remains found during search in case for missing Kentucky woman

Kentucky State Police have announced several pieces of clothing and human remains have been found after receiving information about missing person Lori Feltz.

Monday’s discovery came after Kentucky State Police received information on the whereabouts of Feltz, pinpointing investigators to a farm in Nicholas County, Kentucky.

An initial search warrant was executed for this area back on Sept. 18- but authorities did not find anything. When authorities returned today at the same location, that’s when several articles of clothing and human remains were found in a wooded area.

Kentucky State Police have removed the remains and are waiting for identification.

Kentucky State Police have announced several pieces of clothing and human remains have been found after receiving information about missing person Lori Feltz.

Monday’s discovery came after Kentucky State Police received information on the whereabouts of Feltz, pinpointing investigators to a farm in Nicholas County, Kentucky.

An initial search warrant was executed for this area back on Sept. 18- but authorities did not find anything. When authorities returned today at the same location, that’s when several articles of clothing and human remains were found in a wooded area.

Kentucky State Police have removed the remains and are waiting for identification.
I have waited and waited for a break in this case. It seemed so solvable. I hope this is it.

This announcement comes days after two persons of interest in the missing woman case were arrested and booked after failing to register as sex offenders in El Paso County. On Sept. 17, Brendan Camous and Clinton Peterson were arrested in Kentucky for their warrants out of Colorado, not tied to the missing woman case.

Curious to see what their questioning will lead to, hoping for some charges also in Lori's case

Her remains were found only .07 mi (3 mins) from where she disappeared. :(

Rest in peace, Ms. Feltz.

OP:
Lori Feltz is 58-years-old. She stands approximately 5-feet-tall and weighs 230 pounds. Feltz has red hair and was last seen wearing a knee-length black coat.

Feltz was last seen at 9 a.m. Monday (Dec 26). She is a resident of Hick Hardy Road but suffers from a traumatic brain injury and epilepsy. She does wear an identification bracelet with her name and contact information.

Family members said she walked out of the house that morning to get some exercise, down the same road she walks every day.

Feltz's sister said it's possible she got confused and flagged down a car for a ride.

Feltz attends an adult daycare called Active Day of Georgetown which she refers to as her work.

12799829_G.jpg

http://www.lex18.com/story/34131509/nicholas-county-sheriffs-office-searching-for-missing-woman

UPDATE: Remains identified as missing Nicholas County woman - ABC 36 News
October 6, 2020

The Kentucky State Police, Post 6 in Dry Ridge, received information regarding the whereabouts of the missing person, Lori Feltz. A location was pinpointed to a farm on Hovermale Lane in Nicholas County, Ky.

Snip

KSP located several articles of clothing and human remains in a wooded area.

ZXTB4VSNEJDSBH6KZJEOXVJEAM.jpg

According to court documents, a huge search party was launched after Feltz went missing, and during that search, a Kentucky deputy said he found Camous and Peterson in a shack on a neighboring property. He did not realize they were wanted for failing to register.
It seems very likely that the information leading to the body coming soon after these two were taken into custody is no coincidence. Gross. Also, bad police work. Why would you not run two creepy guys in a shack through the system?

Poor Lori. How tragic. According to her family she would have trusted anyone.

IIRC those two men, plus the property owner (for maybe helping conceal the crime) were definitely looked at suspiciously by Lori’s family from the start.

IMO

Poor Lori. How tragic. According to her family she would have trusted anyone.

IIRC those two men, plus the property owner (for maybe helping conceal the crime) were definitely looked at suspiciously by Lori’s family from the start.

IMO
I'm scanning various reports over the years. It looks like the shack was located on a farm belonging to Peterson's mother. He had sexually assaulted a child in 2013 while on supervised release for other violent crime and somehow he and his <modsnip - term not allowedd here> buddy he no doubt met on the inside were out and shacked up together just three years later apparently without being on local law enforcement's radar - which makes sense if they had failed to register. This certainly makes Peterson's mother guilty of harboring a fugitive and "a woman" also gave a statement to law enforcement in March that Peterson and Camus had "seen a body with its head bashed in".

Two men convicted of sex crimes in El Paso County wanted for questioning in Kentucky woman's disappearance

Time and time again I see parents clearly, criminally complicit in their children's heinous crimes and not facing charges. Lori's family should at the very least file a civil suit and take that farm. There needs to be consequences for this kind of thing. Some old lady cuts across five lanes to dent in her fender on one of my front tires and I get a half dozen cold calls from litigators. How are they not offering to make this kind of case for the Feltz family?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am devastated to learn that these 2 sex offenders may be responsible for Lori’s disappearance and death. This is just horrible. It is the worst kind of victimizing, not unlike crimes against children. Harming someone who has no power is as vile and abhorrent as it gets. I am in tears.

Is there any update on this case?

Former Colorado Man Sentenced to 51 Months for Failure to Register as a Sex Offender and Possession of an Unregistered Firearm

Camous was just this week sentenced to 51 months for failing to register, of which he will be required to serve 85%. I don't see a record of Peterson but presumably a similar sentence will be forthcoming.

Prosecutors need not be in any rush to bring charges related to Lori. It feels like these two haven't turned on each other yet but in 4 years one or both will likely let some incriminating information slip to jailhouse informants even if the forensic evidence is inconclusive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back