Found Deceased KY - Lori Feltz, 58, Carlisle, 26 Dec 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Jan 12, 2017.

1. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Human remains found during search in case for missing Kentucky woman

Kentucky State Police have announced several pieces of clothing and human remains have been found after receiving information about missing person Lori Feltz.

Monday’s discovery came after Kentucky State Police received information on the whereabouts of Feltz, pinpointing investigators to a farm in Nicholas County, Kentucky.

An initial search warrant was executed for this area back on Sept. 18- but authorities did not find anything. When authorities returned today at the same location, that’s when several articles of clothing and human remains were found in a wooded area.

Kentucky State Police have removed the remains and are waiting for identification.

YaYa_521, Flicka1, j_in_c and 2 others like this.

2. mrfrinkles

mrfrinkles Well-Known Member

I have waited and waited for a break in this case. It seemed so solvable. I hope this is it.

Luckyzmom, YaYa_521, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  3. Darling136

Darling136 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

This announcement comes days after two persons of interest in the missing woman case were arrested and booked after failing to register as sex offenders in El Paso County. On Sept. 17, Brendan Camous and Clinton Peterson were arrested in Kentucky for their warrants out of Colorado, not tied to the missing woman case.

Human remains found during search in case for missing Kentucky woman

Curious to see what their questioning will lead to, hoping for some charges also in Lori's case

YaYa_521, Flicka1 and mrfrinkles like this.
  4. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

5. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Her remains were found only .07 mi (3 mins) from where she disappeared. :(

Rest in peace, Ms. Feltz.

OP:
    UPDATE: Remains identified as missing Nicholas County woman - ABC 36 News
    October 6, 2020

The Kentucky State Police, Post 6 in Dry Ridge, received information regarding the whereabouts of the missing person, Lori Feltz. A location was pinpointed to a farm on Hovermale Lane in Nicholas County, Ky.

Snip

KSP located several articles of clothing and human remains in a wooded area.

Flicka1 likes this.
  6. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

[​IMG]
    According to court documents, a huge search party was launched after Feltz went missing, and during that search, a Kentucky deputy said he found Camous and Peterson in a shack on a neighboring property. He did not realize they were wanted for failing to register.
    It seems very likely that the information leading to the body coming soon after these two were taken into custody is no coincidence. Gross. Also, bad police work. Why would you not run two creepy guys in a shack through the system?

7. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

Poor Lori. How tragic. According to her family she would have trusted anyone.

IIRC those two men, plus the property owner (for maybe helping conceal the crime) were definitely looked at suspiciously by Lori’s family from the start.

IMO

YaYa_521 and Flicka1 like this.
  8. Luckyzmom

Luckyzmom Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace Lori

YaYa_521, CocoChanel and Flicka1 like this.
  9. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

I'm scanning various reports over the years. It looks like the shack was located on a farm belonging to Peterson's mother. He had sexually assaulted a child in 2013 while on supervised release for other violent crime and somehow he and his chomo buddy he no doubt met on the inside were out and shacked up together just three years later apparently without being on local law enforcement's radar - which makes sense if they had failed to register. This certainly makes Peterson's mother guilty of harboring a fugitive and "a woman" also gave a statement to law enforcement in March that Peterson and Camus had "seen a body with its head bashed in".

Two men convicted of sex crimes in El Paso County wanted for questioning in Kentucky woman's disappearance

Time and time again I see parents clearly, criminally complicit in their children's heinous crimes and not facing charges. Lori's family should at the very least file a civil suit and take that farm. There needs to be consequences for this kind of thing. Some old lady cuts across five lanes to dent in her fender on one of my front tires and I get a half dozen cold calls from litigators. How are they not offering to make this kind of case for the Feltz family?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  10. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I am devastated to learn that these 2 sex offenders may be responsible for Lori’s disappearance and death. This is just horrible. It is the worst kind of victimizing, not unlike crimes against children. Harming someone who has no power is as vile and abhorrent as it gets. I am in tears.

flashy09, YaYa_521, Flicka1 and 4 others like this.
  11. Oakie

Oakie Well-Known Member

Is there any update on this case?

12. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

Former Colorado Man Sentenced to 51 Months for Failure to Register as a Sex Offender and Possession of an Unregistered Firearm

Camous was just this week sentenced to 51 months for failing to register, of which he will be required to serve 85%. I don't see a record of Peterson but presumably a similar sentence will be forthcoming.

Prosecutors need not be in any rush to bring charges related to Lori. It feels like these two haven't turned on each other yet but in 4 years one or both will likely let some incriminating information slip to jailhouse informants even if the forensic evidence is inconclusive.

Flicka1, beckyonsea and mrfrinkles like this.
  13. Oakie

Oakie Well-Known Member

Bumping to stir interest.

mrfrinkles likes this.
  14. mrfrinkles

mrfrinkles Well-Known Member

I’m so optimistic that this case will be solved. I just wish it wouldn’t take so long for one of these two to start talking.