Identified! KY - Louisville, Male UP13747, with outdoor gear, Apr'15 - Name not found

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by dewey decimal, Apr 20, 2015.

1. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

She's much more organized than I am. I'm sure she remembers to rotate them :)

Me, I wear glasses.

2. AuctionGal

AuctionGal aka Grams

3. Aeronomy

Aeronomy Active Member

Has this person been identified? I no longer see him on NAMUS.

4. carbuff

It looks like s/he might have been. That's usually what a permission error means, although sometimes they'll pull a page for administrative reasons or at the request of LE.

5. carbuff

I think he may have been Charles Buster. His Namus is also generating a permission error, and I found an obituary: http://www.hardyclosefuneralhome.com/obituary/charles-william-buster-jr

Buster Jr., Charles William 46 of Louisville was found April 17, 2015 after missing for over 4 years.

These remains were found in April 2015.

I also found a couple of posts on what appears to be a survivalist site where a notice of his death refers to the same date. I don't think I should post a link to that one but if you google the name you should be able to find it.

wordsick likes this.
  6. bflocket

bflocket Well-Known Member

Yes, that was him. It's a real sad story. He'd apparently told family that he was going out west and kill himself sometime in the past but didn't wind up doing it. That's what happened here. And his sister died (unsure how) the same week that he went missing. With him having had suicidal tendencies, I thought that her death could have brought this on. But I looked closer and he went missing (and I assume died) a few days before her death.

Charles William Buster Jr.
    National Missing Person Directory
    I found him mentioned on a message board for an online church devoted to the homeless. Someone claiming to be his cousin said that his death was indeed self inflicted. He'd also had a cousin drown the previous year. So that family was going through a real tough time.

This was still a strange spot for him to decide for it to be where this all went down. It was on the southern edge of "town" but it it were just a little further out, it's definitely somewhere you could go and "disappear" forever it that's what you choose.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    carbuff, wordsick and fred&edna like this.