Identified! KY - Owensboro, Pleasant Valley Rd, WhtMale 25-40, UP87, curly hair, eyeglasses, Jan'90 - William Dennis Mathews

I'm certainly not an expert on this sort of thing, but the fact that the murderer took so much effort to conceal the identity of the victim suggests to me that those two were well-acquainted. The extreme violence and (dare I say it), overkill, suggests a rage of the sort that comes from an intimate relationship gone wrong.

I'm certainly not an expert on this sort of thing, but the fact that the murderer took so much effort to conceal the identity of the victim suggests to me that those two were well-acquainted. The extreme violence and (dare I say it), overkill, suggests a rage of the sort that comes from an intimate relationship gone wrong.
Maybe it was revenge for some kind of debt not being paid.

<modsnip: removed repost of broken link>
So does that mean The person found was a female who identified as male or a male
That identified as female? New info must have got out about this being a hate crime murder.

I thought this might have been a murder over drugs like Meth or money but being trans in the south back in the early 1990s might have lead to a murder.

Last edited by a moderator:
So does that mean The person found was a female who identified as male or a male
That identified as female? New info must have got out about this being a hate crime murder.

I thought this might have been a murder over drugs like Meth or money but being trans in the south back in the early 1990s might have lead to a murder.

Not specified, and it sounds like they're not going to release anything.

From the announcement: "Due to other sensitive details, the TDTF has included this case in their LAMMP (LGBT+ Accountability for Missing and Murdered Persons) database. " <modsnip: broken link>

LGBT doesn't necessarily mean trans. They could instead suspect Doe was cis and gay or bi. Could be something to do with the fact that IIRC, they did find evidence of a sexual assault by another male on his remains.

JMO. I could be totally wrong.

Trans Doe Task Force doesn't just focus on possibly trans Does, they focus on any Does who may have been LGBTQ+ and subsequently overlooked. Fake Protagonist is correct in remembering that this Doe was sexually assaulted - the victim was found nude with semen on the body.

Thanks guys. I dont know much about this case at all. I remember hearing it is loosely related to the man with no hands case (Which is MadMcGoo’s avatar) but other than that I haven't investigated into it.

Maybe the killer killed him because they had a New Years party and he woke up the next morning and saw he had slept with a dude while drunk. Then murdered him and had people help him get rid of the body. Hopefully the semen gets matched to the possible perpetrator.

<modsnip: removed image of full length article and added link to clip>
I don't know if this has any more info than this has been posted, but has some info from earlier in the investigation. I just came across it since I re-subscribed to Newspapers.com.

And I wouldn't really bet on this being a gay or transgendered person - the main suspect(s) were equal opportunity rapists/murderers. There are a few threads that at least mention this this UID and these killers.

KY - James Cable And Philip Clopton - Murdered And Dismembered Teen Girls

PROJECT KENTUCKY - Unidentified Persons Cold Cases

Hey, I am new here, but I have been reading for quite some time and also doing a little bit of research and as I was looking into MPs concerning another case, I stumbled upon this MP, who reminded me of Daviess County John Doe.

Michael Robert Bidwell

I think the facial resemblance is good and height fits. The MP had an unspecified tattoo on his forearm, but since the hands were missing, the tattoo could be missing as well. There is unfortunately not much information regarding his disappearance other than suspected foul play. According to Doe Network both have DNA available and as far as I can see, he has not been excluded yet.
So, what do you think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back