KY KY - Owensboro, WhtMale UP87, 25-40, in woods off Pleasant Valley Rd, Jan'90

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by outofthedark, Sep 12, 2007.

1. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

That is strange! I don’t see any new rule outs or information on there, so I wonder what’s going on with him. :confused: We can keep an eye on him. Thanks Feme!

2. Fuuro

Fuuro spicy user

I found an extremely old archived version of this UID's Doe Network page. On the page, you can see two reconstructions that I don't think you can find anywhere else online today. They aren't the best quality, though.

It's interesting that they used clay busts to reconstruct his face. Usually, clay busts are done for UIDs whose faces are in very poor shape to the point where their features are not able to be easily discerned (usually, they're done for decomposed or skeletal remains). It says a lot about the condition of the UID upon his discovery. I think that the UID's retouched facial PM on NamUS must have been heavily edited to appear much less graphic than how he actually looked after he was found.

Edited to add: In my opinion, he looks very different in the clay reconstructions than he does in the drawing that we've seen. Also, maybe it's just me, but I see a little bit of possible racial admixture in those reconstructions.

3. MadMcGoo

Thanks for posting this!! Very interesting. I agree that the clay recons look a bit different than the PM photo, but I think it helps us better see the proportions of his face! Which I also agree, looks like there could be some racial admixture. Hmm. This may be one of a very few cases I think the clay recons help quite a bit.

Thanks again!

Fuuro likes this.
  4. ghostINshell

ghostINshell Active Member

In the circumstances it says that police say satanic ritual. Wasn't there a man who was known as a satanic ritualist and he believed that he was a 500 year old vampire in Kentucky in the 90s???
    Rod Ferrell???
    Rod Ferrell - Wikipedia
    However, i'm 99% sure tho that Ferrell was way too young when this happened.

MajorHoople, Fuuro and MadMcGoo like this.
  5. victoriarobinson642

victoriarobinson642 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Pasted from link above.

PropaneYeeter, MadMcGoo and Fuuro like this.
  6. Fuuro

Fuuro spicy user

Yeah, I agree that Ferrell would have been impossibly young to have done this. There are some really messed up kids out there, but the idea of a 9-year-old boy raping, brutally bludgeoning, and ultimately shooting a grown adult to death is just insane.

I'm not sure that Satanism has anything to do with this case in general. I've heard that back in the 80s and 90s, Satanism caused mass hysteria throughout the United States, especially in the South and in the Bible Belt. Perhaps that contributed to the attribution of a possible Satanic motive to this case.

---
    On another note, I've had a nagging thought in the back of my head about this case for quite some time. I haven't shared it because I think that it's very much "out there" and not at all rooted in concrete evidence.

But my mind keeps drifting back to the same theory: is it possible that this UID could have been a trans woman? Quite a few of the contemporary articles that we have about this case indicate that the sexual activity involving the UID was not consensual, but the verbiage of some of the other sources (like the previously-linked archived Doe Network page) seems to suggest that all that is known for certain is that the UID had participated in some sort of sex act with a male, consensual or not, before being killed.

If the UID truly was trans, I'm thinking that the UID willingly had sex with a man who later ended up being the murderer. The man could have discovered that the UID was biologically male, which caused him to kill the UID out of rage.

There is literally no actual evidence to support this theory, though. Fueling it is the fact that all of the UID's clothes are missing. The discovery of the clothing that the UID was wearing at the time of the murder would really say a lot with respect to this particular theory. The reconstructions all depict the UID with short hair, but wigs exist, I guess. The condition of the UID's face could have also made it difficult or impossible to determine the presence of makeup or the like.

The attack that preceded the murder was evidently very prolonged and especially brutal. At least partially, it sounds to me like the killer might have been filled with anger and (self) hatred over the fact that he had been intimate with someone who was biologically male. For what it's worth, this could also definitely apply in the event that the UID was a cis male; the killer could have known the UID's sex from the very beginning and continued with the sexual activity only to end up really regretting it, and he decided to displace his self-loathing onto his unsuspecting victim.

Yeah, this is a crackpot theory, but it's something I've really wondered ever since I really started investigating this case.

ghostINshell and MadMcGoo like this.
  7. ghostINshell

ghostINshell Active Member

You have a good point tho!! However based on what it says he could have been a victim of a hate crime against gay men too. Another theory is that he could have been a sex worker and was raped and brutally murdered by a serial killer who either is from Kentucky or was drifting through.

MadMcGoo likes this.
  8. MadMcGoo

I don’t think these are far fetched theories. They’ve all crossed my mind at some point while researching this case.

ghostINshell likes this.