KY - Parents get drunk and high - leave 5 week old in oven

He has parents that drink and smoke pot...we don't know if either one of them is actually addicted or if this is a first time. That's one of the things I'm hoping to hear.

What they did was bad, and I am not defending the actions, but not everyone that messes up once will mess up again. This may be the wake up call. He called for intervention when he didn't have to. He is not a sociopath, neither is she, so to me, there is hope for rehabilitation and the chance to learn new skills and methods of coping. Stranger things have happened.

But even I would want someone over their shoulder for quite some time, to make sure that the lessons have sunk in permamnently.

he put his baby in the damn oven.....doesnt know what the 'pot' was laced with so he's not exactly growing it for medicinal purposes now is he? they are both 3 sheets to the wind when they have a 5 week old baby in the house.

look i am not attacking people with booze or drug problems, people have issues, hell i have issues, i might turn to the bottle some day.

but when you put a kid in that situation you lose any credibility with me

he put his baby in the damn oven.....doesnt know what the 'pot' was laced with so he's not exactly growing it for medicinal purposes now is he? they are both 3 sheets to the wind when they have a 5 week old baby in the house.

He probably bought the pot and didn't grow it himself. That's how he got laced stuff. JMO

I think all this speculation about "laced" pot is a huge load of cr*p!!! I have known quite a few potheads in my lifetime, and NEVER have I heard of one who was "duped" into buying some weed that was "laced" w/whatever, ever. Back in the late 70's, my older brother sold pot; occasionally he offered it up for sale laced with kennebinol (sp?), and of course it was priced MUCH higher than his "regular" stuff. NO WAY is any drug dealer going to offer up a "freebie"/bonus edition of his/her product without getting PAID for it. And yes, I know of the urban legends where some doper's pot is laced w/PCP and he freaks out and jumps off a building or whatever. That is not reality, folks, at least not in 2010! Very few people mess with PCP or have access to it; it is not a sought-after drug for most potheads. My BIL is in the DEA and he told me all this and I believe him. So... this dude was prob. just really, really f'd up on pot and OTHER, separate chemicals and he doesn't want to admit it-- OR, as another poster suggested, he was so stoned and drunk (bad combo, obviously) that he got his "kitchen" duties mixed up in his stupid pea-brain head with his 'parenting' duties. God help this child, and the man's whining that someone "laced" his smoke unbeknownst to him is a total crock. I think he must have seen "Training Day" one time too many; he is merely yet another parent whose high is more important than his kid.

I think all this speculation about "laced" pot is a huge load of cr*p!!! I have known quite a few potheads in my lifetime, and NEVER have I heard of one who was "duped" into buying some weed that was "laced" w/whatever, ever. Back in the late 70's, my older brother sold pot; occasionally he offered it up for sale laced with kennebinol (sp?), and of course it was priced MUCH higher than his "regular" stuff. NO WAY is any drug dealer going to offer up a "freebie"/bonus edition of his/her product without getting PAID for it. And yes, I know of the urban legends where some doper's pot is laced w/PCP and he freaks out and jumps off a building or whatever. That is not reality, folks, at least not in 2010! Very few people mess with PCP or have access to it; it is not a sought-after drug for most potheads. My BIL is in the DEA and he told me all this and I believe him. So... this dude was prob. just really, really f'd up on pot and OTHER, separate chemicals and he doesn't want to admit it-- OR, as another poster suggested, he was so stoned and drunk (bad combo, obviously) that he got his "kitchen" duties mixed up in his stupid pea-brain head with his 'parenting' duties. God help this child, and the man's whining that someone "laced" his smoke unbeknownst to him is a total crock. I think he must have seen "Training Day" one time too many; he is merely yet another parent whose high is more important than his kid.

It happened to someone I know the other day actually. She uses pot for medicinal purposes and somehow what she got was laced. She was sick as a dog and hallucinating. I wouldn't think it's possible either until she told me about it. And she's a very educated brilliant person.. so I guess it can happen to anyone (who uses pot).

BUT there is no way in hell she would have put a child in an oven. Hallucinating or not.. putting a baby in harms way should have harsh punishments

I still vividly remember a story I heard as a teen that affected me so strongly I never did drugs. The story was about a teen babysitter high on LSD that cooked a baby (complete with an apple in the mouth) thinking she was making dinner for the parents to have upon their return home. I don't know if the story was true or not.... but it scared the he!! out of me.

There was another story going around at the same time (1975) about another babysitter high on LSD that locked herself in a closet and thought she was in a grave... so tried to dig her way out and tore off her fingernails in the process.

From personal experience I can tell you pot can be laced with coke, embalming fluid, heroin, or even pcp. It's called hydro, bin laden, Reggie bush, bama weed etc... My ex was a drug dealer.

However in this case I dong know if I believe the dad or not. But at least he called for help. I just hope he follows thru. If he doesn't then yeah take the kids away asap!!

From personal experience I can tell you pot can be laced with coke, embalming fluid, heroin, or even pcp. It's called hydro, bin laden, Reggie bush, bama weed etc... My ex was a drug dealer.

However in this case I dong know if I believe the dad or not. But at least he called for help. I just hope he follows thru. If he doesn't then yeah take the kids away asap!!

Freudian slip about the ex? :innocent:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back