Found Deceased KY - Raphael “Ray” Taliaferro, 79, radio journalist, Paducah, 10 Nov 2018

Paducah had heavy snow starting the afternoon of the 14th and continuing overnight.

It should be noted that until police investigated the car and identified it as Ray’s rental car Paducah police were not involved in the search. Prior to that point only Massac County was looking for him.

Rental car in bank parking lot was reported to Paducah police on the 16th of November. Church video was reported to LE on the 18th by the minister.

But according to the SJ Mercury News Nov 26 article, nobody from LE talked to the minister from Nov 18-26...Don't know if LE ever contacted the minister regarding the video. Looks like a miscommunication between the two departments in Massac County IL and Paducah KY.

Nov 18

Minister Henry finds out that Ray was reported missing.

Minister Henry said he told Sheriff Holder he had surveillance video of him speaking with Taliaferro in the church entryway. Holder told him if they needed any more information, Paducah police would contact him.

“From what I was told, the officers in Paducah working were trying to find every bit of video that they could,” Sheriff Holder said.​

Nov 26
Minister Henry said neither Massac County authorities nor Paducah police have inquired about the church’s video clip he reported on Nov 18, which has time stamps showing when Taliaferro was there that afternoon.

Questions around Ray Taliaferro's disappearance in Kentucky

Last edited:
RP48819: One night when Ray was found I recorded three different local TV news stations. Each one gave different reports/conflicting information.
Everything about this is conflicting.
Does anyone know if the wife has been tracked down and is cooperating?

Very disturbing.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Everything about this is conflicting.
Does anyone know if the wife has been tracked down and is cooperating?

Very disturbing.

I'm guessing the investigation may be over. CC like the quote above says, is in possession of Ray's body either has or will bury him in New Jersey. May not be anything left to cooperate with.

Taliaferro's son wants answers

What is the name of the "sleazy motel" (Ray's son words) did they stay in together? Definitely out of character for Ray to stay in such a place.
Motel room is shown in the video but name is not given. Assuming it's a Metropolis motel or hotel.

Last edited:
RP48819: One night when Ray was found I recorded three different local TV news stations. Each one gave different reports/conflicting information.

The Mercury News is a very reputable newspaper. The November 26 article clearly quotes the minister as saying that he was puzzled as to why no LE from either Paducah or Masaac County had contacted him regarding the church video. LE knew of the of video on November 18; minister should have been interviewed immediately. Yet, no contact with the minister between the 18th and the 26th when article was published. Not clear if the minister was ever contacted by LE after article was published.

There was a mixup between the two agencies and LE clearly dropped the ball on this.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this.
Where did this woman come from? Do we know how they met?
It sounds to me like Rafel has a good case, especially with the witnesses like the Antique dealer, etc. Thank goodness for Rafel.

What witnesses? Antique dealer?

What kind of relationship did Ray have with his children? Ray's close friends like Pat Thurston were all shocked to learn of it. Ray had told them he had no children. Why would anyone withhold that information?

I think Pat said Ray knew this woman for many years. She was previously married to one of Ray's friends. Don't think she just popped up 6 months ago. OTOH, Ray's son says he never heard of her before the marriage six months ago... Very strange.

Last edited:

What kind of relationship did Ray have with his children? Ray's close friends like Pat Thurston were all shocked to learn of it. Ray had told them he had no children. Why would anyone withhold that information?

I think Pat said Ray knew this woman for many years. She was previously married to one of Ray's friends. Don't think she just popped up 6 months ago. OTOH, Ray's son says he never heard of her before the marriage six months ago... Very strange.
Yes, that is what Pat said.
And yes, the whole thing is beyond bizarre. I will be eager to hear how things progress. This sad story is not over.

This is just a guess, but it sounds as if Ray and his kids did not have much of a relationship or any relationship at all. It seems very odd that Ray would deny having kids, but apparently he did, at least to Pat. Rafael said he hadn’t seen his Dad for some time (or words to that effect). That could be months or years. So it doesn’t surprise me that Rafael had never heard of CC before their marriage if he wasn’t a big part of his Dad’s life. My Dad had friends I never heard of who showed up at his memorial. We lived in different distant places for decades and usually visited halfway between until he became ill in his later years.

It’s all very sad for everyone who loved and cared about Ray. I won’t exclude CC from that category quite yet. I really wish she would say something. But maybe she can’t without saying something unkind about Ray’s kids. We just don’t have the whole story.

IIRC correctly in the RT Jr interview with Ronn, RT Jr. says that Mark (?) the antique shop person told him that he- Mark, met "CC" 7 months ago when she came in with Ray. One of them told Mark "CC" was going to write Ray's autobiography.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back