KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Tulessa, Sep 3, 2015.

1. TorisMom003

TorisMom003 New Member

He didn't file it, his team did. So he's in the clear. Once again I don't feel that they have a legal leg to stand on. Davis was told in August (I believe) to issue marriage licenses to all or else. She decided not to. Therefore, she is in contempt of court. Pretty simple really.

MOO

2. kimlynn

kimlynn Former Member

I hope everyone votes so we only have to hear these nuts braying and cackling from the sidelines. Kind of like now.lol

3. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

4. kimlynn

kimlynn Former Member

So is he pouting about the Supreme Court or is he for real? I really can't tell. IMO

5. sonjay

sonjay Active Member

His reasoning (and I use the term loosely) is that of a petulant child.

6. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

Sigh, religion and its loopholes. I was raised that keeping the Sabbath holy included not causing others to work on the Sabbath, either. So for us there was no shopping on Sunday, no gas stations, no restaurants, etc.

What a <unusual person>!!!!

7. kimlynn

kimlynn Former Member

Such an abuse of his position. Really hard to grasp that someone would go to such lengths to try and make a point. IMO

8. TorisMom003

TorisMom003 New Member

How many of those that believe in keeping the Sabbath holy go out to eat after church on Sunday? I know of plenty. I know of some that have told their employers they can't/won't work on Sundays because it is "against God's word" then those same ones go out to eat, go shopping, go to the movies, etc. Double standard. As long as THEY aren't working on Sunday they are in the clear. They don't have time for the souls of those that have no choice but to work on Sundays. Apparently this lawyer is either not a Christian that practices keeping the Sabbath holy or his team aren't. Perhaps Davis should have told her lawyer to not make sinners out of his team, to wait until Tuesday to file the appeal instead. But then that means an even longer stay in jail and contrary to what she claims I get the feeling that she wants out ASAP.

MOO

9. mikkismom

mikkismom Well-Known Member

10. Hiandmighty

Hiandmighty Well-Known Member

Would this be judicial misconduct?

Welcome to the theocracy.

11. kimlynn

kimlynn Former Member

She has freedom of religion. Just not in her place of work. That is how it should be. IMO

12. bluesneakers

Okay, so if I understand this correctly one can be implicit in someone's sin of not keeping holy the Sabbath but one can NOT be implicit in someone's sinful marriage. Makes perfect sense, especially the part where their idea of God and sinning doesn't apply anyway. That leaves them free to pick and choose.

13. TorisMom003

TorisMom003 New Member

You took the words out of my mouth! Thank you!

No one is saying that she can't believe what she believes. However, she can not break the law and then use religion to get away with it. And since he is of the gay community is he including himself in that "sore winners" comment?

MOO

14. bwt42

bwt42 Former Member

My wife stopped for gas on the way home from church today. What a hypocrite.

15. TorisMom003

TorisMom003 New Member

:winner:

It makes perfect sense to the ones that feel that God's word is too restrictive. They search for those loopholes. But let a nonChristian person that is still a good human being do something they don't agree with, then it's verse after verse of how that nonChristian person is doomed for hell. Double standards. But hey, they have the Lord (their God) on their side!

MOO

16. TorisMom003

TorisMom003 New Member

Is there a reason why she couldn't get gas on Saturday? In cases of an emergency it is one thing and understandable. But if a person won't work on Sunday because of keeping the Sabbath holy that then goes out and does something that makes another person work on Sunday, yes I'd say that is being a hypocrite.

MOO

17. bluesneakers

J
    And! Since when is the sore winningness limited to the gay community? A lot of straight people are being sore winners too.

JMsarcasticO.

18. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

Just to re-cap, no one called your wife anything, except you.

19. bwt42

bwt42 Former Member

She doesn't work on Sundays, but doesn't tell others what to do. I don't find that being a hypocrite. I thought a hypocrite was someone that told others what not to do & did it themselves. Your definition may be different than mine. that's okay. JMO

20. TorisMom003

TorisMom003 New Member

As Flourish was so kind to point out, the one calling your wife a hypocrite was in fact you. Yes, I understand that it was sarcasm however in none of my posts on the subject of working/not working on the Sabbath did I call anyone a hypocrite until I responded to a post where you called your wife one. So maybe our definitions are not so different after all.

MOO