KY - Roy Griffin, 30, Clay County, 19 Sept 1996

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by Tulessa, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Tulessa

Tulessa Active Member

Mods, I couldn't find a thread for Roy, but me & the new search, don't see eye to eye.

MANCHESTER, Ky (WYMT) - It is a discovery that could shed new light on a cold case. Investigators in Clay County recently found human remains in the Ephram Creek community. They say it is too early to know for sure but the evidence they have found suggests the remains could be that of Roy Glenn Griffin, who went missing almost twenty years ago

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headl...ay-County-missing-persons-case-300979301.html

2. Loading...

3. Tulessa

Tulessa Active Member

The woods are so wild around here, I'm surprised they found these bones. Welcome home Roy. (Hopefully.)

4. bflocket

bflocket Active Member

I went looking for info about him and found this little blurb (it's not big enough to be a "story) about the discovery of these remains.

Discovery Of Human Remains In Clay County Could Shed New Light On A Cold Case (WWEL 103.9, London, KY) (undated)
    Since I couldn't really find any more info about Griffin...

Does anybody know why they think this could be him?

The remains were also found near a cemetery. How did anyone verify that the remains didn't come from the cemetery? Does anybody know how well maintained this cemetery is?

I asked that because my family cemetery (Creech) is on the side of a big "hill" (it's not Pine Mountain proper, but there's an airport on top of it) in Loyall. There are several graves there that are "sunk in" pretty bad and I could see how animals (or vandals or bad kids or what-have-you) could have easily disturbed the remains in those graves.
    ...But only if they could wade through the Kudzu on a steep hillside. The cemetery close to these remains doesn't sound as inaccessible.