GUILTY KY - Ryan Poston, 29, murdered at his Highland Heights home, 12 Oct 2012

When will Shayna Hubers' retrial begin?
Scott Wartman, swartman@nky.com 3:08 p.m. EST November 7, 2016

Shayna Hubers' second trial for the murder of Poston will start Sept. 18, 2017 Campbell County Circuit Judge Fred Stine ruled on Monday.

That's more than a year after Stine in August granted Hubers a new trial and more than two years after he sentenced her to 40-years in prison for the 2013 murder.

Setting a trial date was previously postponed due to Hubers not retaining a lawyer for the trial. She has still yet to pick an attorney.

I was glad to hear she's still in jail. From the above link:

Hubers, dressed in the orange and white uniform of the Campbell County Jail, calmly poured a cup of water Monday with her handcuffed hands while her attorneys hashed out a trial date with the judge.

There's a slide show at the link with a couple pictures of Ms Hubers at the hearing.

I have reread the thread. Some of the links no longer work....that is okay as they are a few years back. I have a few questions if someone can answer. Please and thank you.

SH has not picked a lawyer for the second trial. Who paid for the first lawyer? Parents or State? Who is paying for the second lawyer? Parents or State?

What if SH starts pulling delay games and tactics and does not pick a lawyer....then what?

Is the same Judge residing over Trial 2 as did Trial 1?

Will SH be asking for a change in locations?

I hope she is found guilty again. I am glad she is not out wearing a bracelet as I think she would flee with help, MOO. I do think she thought she would get out until the second trial started, but again I feel should would flee.

I am disappointed in the court system for not running the jury names through some sort of data base to pick up any felons. I know the systems in the states are not connected via cyber space but they should be. I have talked to my brother, LE, he said that it would make a lot of searches and arrests easier if the states would connect linking their information. In this day and age one would think this problem would be addressed and be worked on.

The next year (actually less then that) will be interesting to see what SH does for her defense or does not. I do think she is taking after JA and CA....she probably followed JA case for ideas....did not work for JA and will not work for her....JA got the title of felon and a new cell....well new to her.

As much as I wish we could watch live stream or delayed video I understand the circus that happened with JA...she loved that camera. I wish they could live tweet. I see nothing wrong with that.

Thanks for answering my questions....must check on the Cooper Harris jury watch. Will check in later.

New trial date set, January16, 2018. Appears there will be no video allowed.
Heating was today. She must have a new lawyer, but did not see that name in the article. She is still in custody.

WKRC Cincinnati....will link when I get on lap top.

http://thetrialdiaries.com/prosecutor-court-docs-in-shayna-hubers-murder-trial-were-forged/

http://www.fox19.com/story/35718078...e-forged-court-documents-to-move-murder-trial

Forged Petition....links above

171 signatures needed from Northern Kentucky by residents who agree that Shayna Hubers cannot get a fair trial are FORGED. The defense needed 171 signature and 156 are forged. The Prosecution talked to and showed some of the residents whose signatures were on the form....the residents said that was not their signature nor had they seen that form.

"Names on the petition included Brandon Phillips – a former Cincinnati Reds player who moved to Atlanta in Febrauary and Corey Plybon – an assistant Commonwealth Attorney working for the same office that is prosecuting Hubers." Indication is these are just two of the people who did not sign the petition.

"The woman who notarized the petitions admitted to forging the signatures, Highland Heights Police Chief Bill Birkenhauer wrote in an affidavit.

David M. Eldridge and Jeffrey A. Lawson, counsel for Hubers, said they had nothing to do with the forgery."

The attorneys plan to withdraw the motion to move the trial, but said they will be "refiling it at another time.” Their statement reads in-part:

"We relied upon what we understood was an experienced and reputable investigative firm to assist us in collecting these Affidavits and had no reason to question its integrity. We were shocked and saddened to learn today of Ms. Young’s conduct and are mortified that her actions have resulted in our filing false documents with the Court. Although some of the Affidavits we submitted in support of the motion are valid, we will be withdrawing the motion as it is now filed and not relying upon any of the Affidavits collected by the firm by which Ms. Young was employed."

Birkenhauer is investigating the alleged forgeries. "

Woman charged with 28 felonies in Shayna Hubers forgery case

NEWPORT, Ky. -- A woman accused of forging signatures to get Shayna Hubers’ retrial moved out of Northern Kentucky faces dozens of felony charges. She’s entered a plea of not guilty and is scheduled for a court hearing Aug. 21 at 9 a.m.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/woman-charged-with-28-felonies-in-shayna-hubers-forgery-case

wow thats crazy...

"Brittany Young worked as a notary for her father’s investigative firm, Northern Kentucky Investigations, which was hired to gain signatures to help move the Hubers murder trial out of the region. The firm returned 156 signatures, but prosecutors said only 38 were legitimate."

I hope at the new trial SH is given a longer sentence. I read something on a plane yesterday that indicated that her first attorney was also the attorney that represented the felon juror during his court case. If so...there should be a penalty for that attorney not disclosing that little tidbit... going to try to find the link.

I have been searching for any public court records or transcripts records of the texts any links please and thank you in advance

Woman convicted of forgery in connection with murder trial sentenced

Brittany Young, 32, was charged with 28 counts of forgery after prosecutors said she forged signatures on a petition asking the Campbell County Circuit Court to grant a change of venue in Shayna Hubers' trial.

Young will serve 30 days in jail, 150 days home detention and 5 years of probation.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/woman-c...nnection-with-murder-trial-sentenced/13442167

Northern Kentucky woman accused of murder doesn't want jury to see 'nose job' video
WLWT Digital Staff | Updated: 7:23 PM EST Jan 16, 2018

NEWPORT, Ky. —

A woman accused of killing her boyfriend is trying to make sure a jury doesn’t see some of the most compelling testimony against her – her own.

Shayna Hubers was found guilty in 2016 in the 2012 shooting death of Ryan Poston, but was granted a new trial after it was discovered one of the jurors was a felon.

Huber’s defense team is trying to keep a key piece of evidence from making it into the second trial.

(. . .)

Huber’s defense team also asking for a change of venue citing, all the news coverage the first trial received.

What happened to this trial? It was to start April 3. Then somewhere on FB....it popped up on my page, that SH trial was postponed until August 2018. Now I cannot find a thing. Has anyone heard or read about the trial? Thanks

What happened to this trial? It was to start April 3. Then somewhere on FB....it popped up on my page, that SH trial was postponed until August 2018. Now I cannot find a thing. Has anyone heard or read about the trial? Thanks

I believe it was rescheduled for August 2018.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back