KY KY - Sandra Harris, 30, Casey County, 1 July 2005

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by PonderingThings, Jan 7, 2006.

1. PonderingThings

PonderingThings Former member

http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases/harris_sandra.html

Sandra's case was classified as an "unknown" reason, according to the missing person's site (link above).

She has been found near her home:
    http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=18579&format=html

Dr. Emily Craig, state medical examiner, positively identified the remains Tuesday as Harris, who was found near a creek a short distance from where she lived, state police said. However, the cause of death has not been determined.

My sympathies to her family and friends [​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. SadieMae

SadieMae Former Member

From the newslink, her mother discovered her remains? How awful for her.

4. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

30 years old and an Army veteran. So sad.

5. PonderingThings

Yes, from the report it was Mrs Harris, and a granddaughter who found the remains, while out on a walk.[​IMG]

6. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

How horrifying for that mother and little girl. Hadn't LE searched the area close to her home? This seems to be pretty common lately....others finding bodies that the police or search partys should have found. Someone is falling down on the job.

7. missacorah

missacorah New Member

No disrespect but I am afraid I find it an extreme coincidence that the remains were found by a member of her own family!

8. dannyodie

dannyodie New Member

I had read that she had a medical condition? I wonder if maybe the medical condition was the cause of her death? or do they have other suspicion? how horrible for the family to find their loved ones remains.

9. PonderingThings

Missacorah I get what you are saying.

We don't have any information about where exactly the remains were. Were they partially hidden? Down a sharp embankment? Is the creek at a lower level than previously and has evaporated somewhat? Could animals have disturbed (dragged) the remains out so that they were more noticeable?

Was this a favorite area for Sandra to go? Is that why Grandma and Grandchild chose to walk there?

Until that information is released (if it ever is) we won't know for sure. we also don't know cause of death... yet.

The portion of the news article that states "Harris' mother, Frances Harris, reported her daughter missing six weeks after she disappeared. She told Casey County Sheriff Jerry Coffman that her daughter would leave home and be gone for several days before she returned." is interesting.

10. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From May 2007:

http://articles.centralkynews.com/2...5_1_decapitated-state-medical-examiner-victim