Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is rural, but with surrounding houses very close. It's on a corner of a secondary road, as I'd call it, and a single lane rd, again, I'd call it that. So she'd easily have seen another home if she walked out of that home. It's not a bad area but there's hard drugs in all parts of the county.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how "rural" the area was. So she wasn't in the middle of nowhere? If she did flee in fear would neighbors have noticed if she made a scene or screamed?

Idk but there have been very few cases that i have followed on here where a woman has left a bar with a stranger, disapear and no foul play was involved. She may very well have left the home and wandered off and died as the result of an accident etc with no foul play involved. but i find it highly unlikely IMO

eta Not saying its not possible, heck anything is possible at this point, just unlikely

Last edited:
Thank You! I find it rude that they where saying that as if the mom was going to ruin the plans. Also I heard an interview with the mom and she said she called SS and that her daughter hung up and then face timed her, I found that sequence of events odd. And I see different stories about 2 males in the back seat then another story has said a male and female in the backseat. A chronological timeline would be beneficial, idk how or why her friends left her at the bar or how it went from being a p/u truck and car leaving the bar to all of them in one vehicle.
What to Know About Missing Kentucky Mom Seen Leaving Bar With 3 Strangers
A bit of a timeline.
It is quite confusing. I think you almost have to start on page one/first thread. It sounds overwhelming <modsnip> Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
That is why I said that the phone call with her mother was confounding. As a parent I would have said, "get your *advertiser censored* home now" and SS (or my child) may well have blown me off. Nonetheless as a parent I would be deeply troubled by a 22 year old daughter who had glibly put herself in that situation.

We have no true firm account of the phone call(s) IMHO.

Especially with mom’s car...and very recent DUI...but jmo. Maybe that is why S hung up in her at first.

Idk but there have been very few cases that i have followed on here where a woman has left a bar with a stranger, disapear and no foul play was involved. She may very well have left the home and wandered off and died as the result of an accident etc with no foul play involved. but i find it highly unlikely IMO

eta Not saying its not possible, heck anything is possible at this point, just unlikely

Unlikely, mainly, because she has not been found. If she had walked, seems she should have been found long ago, unless someone else picked her up.

IMO, as a local, the ex/dad needn’t worry about media.
Especially in LA (Lex Area). Jmo, of course.

I didn't know if the local news was showing searches for her. I don't know how much they would understand.

Agree that SS's mother is no doubt ruminating and full of sadness and regret but she is also not responsible just in an unfortunate scenario. SS is a victim if foul play happened of which seems highly likely.

Was thinking from my perspective and what I would have done in that situation. BTW I am (over protective) father of four daughters now well into middle age and stable. Could tell tales but won't.

Mom was definitely in a situation. Had she insisted as drive home, she may have wrecked or caught another DUI.
I would have been most aggravated if my child didn’t respect me enough to have my vehicle home, knowing I needed to work.
Jmo
I’m sure you had your hands full.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how "rural" the area was. So she wasn't in the middle of nowhere? If she did flee in fear would neighbors have noticed if she made a scene or screamed?

I think so. There’s a lot of activity in that area. I’ll see if I can find an appropriate picture within TOS.

58573d51-c8fc-45bc-88d2-c3419d898f3a-jpeg.168082
Upon further looking ...I think she has her cellphone in her hand and her purse isn't open like I first thought.

Does anyone know what the neighborhood is like around the house she was last at? Sorry if this has been addressed. If (big if IMO) she had left or fled was she in an area that she could have gotten to another house for help? And were their neighbors close enough that could have noticed or heard something that night?
This might give you an idea. It's how I saw what the area was like. You can click on the link and "walk" down the road and look around. Google Maps
ETA: the starting point is random but on the main road to show you the neighborhood.

Last edited:
Unlikely, mainly, because she has not been found. If she had walked, seems she should have been found long ago, unless someone else picked her up.
True she probably would have been found by now. But my point is mainly in reference to cases of a woman leaving with a stranger from a bar and never heard from again. I’m not sure there is a statistic that I can link to on this matter.but if their was, it’s my belief that it’s highly likely in crimes like this that foul play is usually involved and pourpatrated by the individuals that they left with....jmo on the likeliness of the crime and maybe this case is in the minority. Either way jmo

Think about it this way. What are the chances that on the same night that you went with a stranger/s from a bar to a house. That you left that house and instead of running into 99/100 normal human beings you get in a car with the 1 phycopath that abducts and murders you. The odds of that happening have to be very unlikely imo

Well said. Sadly, everyone feels differently about certain issues.
Savannah’s young, had no responsibilities (imo) and could come & go as she liked w/o needing to be home. It’s reaaly sad to consider so many things could have happened that night preventing the group ever getting out of Fayette county. Idk if SS was unstable on her feet but had a cop witnessed her teetering or tottering, she would have been arrested for PI/AI & had a safe oasis for the night, in county lock up. Also, if she would have only left with her gf. But, in the “moment”, who thinks about safety at 22? Moo
I know you said in your opinion, but really, SS had no responsibilities?

Also the dogs would have found her.
I've made a few posts about the dogs without getting back much info. I did more reading and what I found, once again, didn't leave me with much hope for finding her scent if she was alive but does if it is cadaver dogs. When reading today I found info saying if the scent was left while she was alive, if it was in a well traveled area the scent disappears even quicker. Like hours not days. For Cadaver dogs they can pick up the scent three hours after death.
I'm still thinking if she were alive the dogs would have had trouble finding her scent because of how long it was after she disappeared.

I live in a neighborhood with the houses close together. One day when gardening and pulling weeds, I pulled up a snake. I screamed my head off and no one noticed. Just saying....people don't always pay attention.

I've made a few posts about the dogs without getting back much info. I did more reading and what I found, once again, didn't leave me with much hope for finding her scent if she was alive but does if it is cadaver dogs. When reading today I found info saying if the scent was left while she was alive, if it was in a well traveled area the scent disappears even quicker. Like hours not days. For Cadaver dogs they can pick up the scent three hours after death.
I'm still thinking if she were alive the dogs would have had trouble finding her scent because of how long it was after she disappeared.
This is one of the best research articles on scent traces I have read. You would probably find it very interesting.
"According to anecdotal information, identifiable human scent usually disappears from an environment after 24 hours. But human scent can persist for much longer than one day. In 2003, the FBI hosted a bloodhound research workshop that included a test to evaluate the feasibility of detecting aged human scent in a heavily populated residential area. Researchers selected a test subject who had lived in a Stafford, Virginia house for seven years before moving to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Six months after the subject had moved to New Mexico, researchers placed a bloodhound team at a Stafford intersection several houses away from the old residence. After sniffing a letter that the subject had mailed from New Mexico, the dog trailed to and identified the correct house. In this study, the distinctive scent traces withstood the deteriorating effects of weather. But scent can survive conditions much more extreme than weather."
Scents and Sense-Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member