KY KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jan 8, 2019.

1. jULIA_bEE

jULIA_bEE Well-Known Member

If this case doesn’t end up being prosecuted, I don’t think it’s going to at the hands of LE. Unless there’s some kind of confession or strong, credible corroborating witnesses, they need to find her body. You can dig up quite a few cases from KY where evidence seems pretty overwhelming as far as guilt is concerned but they’ve not been charged. In most of those cases, the victim hasn’t been recovered. I can think of 5 in just the last few years that I’ve followed.

2. KEDude

KEDude Well-Known Member

Same Here. Now I'm thinking Daniel Boone National Forest. There are isolated exits and side roads with easy access to woods. No-one will be nosey and question why you are stopped there, although I bet lots of folks dump their garbage there.

azuldolphin25, TimesEight and frisson like this.
  3. jULIA_bEE

Yeh there are all kinds of places. Driving through the state, it’s mostly hills and trees. It’s also not a huge state and you can get across state lines and back in a fairly short amount of time. And across those lines- more hills and trees.

4. mtnlites

mtnlites Scooby Doo Gang Membership Pending

Just because they haven't done any public interviews or made public statements doesn't mean that they weren't interviewed by LE. I'd almost wager that these folks were among the first that were spoken to.

5. ardean

ardean Active Member

OD's are way too common here as well. Some are reported publicly as such and some are just kept quiet by family discretion. An anonymous call or anything would be helpful.

6. ardean

ardean Active Member

Neither that white Saturn (towed) nor that old Chevy S10 (parking deck cam) would have had them factory installed. We're talking late 80's early 90's model cars.

7. ardean

ardean Active Member

Mine shafts, sink holes, and old wells are probably go to places for crooks that know the area to dispose of a body other than in bodies of water. :(

8. Kitsey

Kitsey Well-Known Member

If any of the men had their phones turned off that morning, I’d say that’s telling.

9. KEDude

KEDude Well-Known Member

Agreed, and they were strongly advised to keep mum....

10. mtnlites

If I were hiding a body, I'd probably steer clear of Daniel Boone and the Gorge. The national forest isn't quite as secluded as it may appear and some paths actually get heavy traffic even in the winter. (Fines are pretty heavy for dumping, too, so the forest tends to be fairly clear of garbage.) If they were familiar with it, though, then they might know a good place to stop. They really wouldn't have have to go all the way to Daniel Boone, though. Once you head east of Richmond, you're looking at pretty much nothing but farms, trees, and mountains. Many places that one could stop. There are areas in Jackson County and Rockcastle County that I've never encountered another human being in while I was there. In addition to the trees, we have thousands of old wells, cisterns, sink holes, and caves all over central Kentucky-not to mention all the lakes, creeks, rivers, culverts, and ponds. Our farm alone has 2 cisterns, 2 wells, and 3 ponds and none of that is unusual for around here. Really, if one had the time, it's kind of a cornucopia for hiding places here.

Choochoobella, ab01, carbuff and 3 others like this.
  11. KEDude

KEDude Well-Known Member

Isolated woods a small walk from a roadside, where a shallow grave isn't necessary. Just pile rocks and branches on top. Many criminals strip the victim so a connection cant be made with clothes or jewelry.......but Savannah had tatoos!!! Within a certain time frame that will help...to identify...

Choochoobella, frisson and Steelslady like this.
  12. evergreen

evergreen Member

it was 230a, she was alone after refusing to go home with friends who drove here there. your theory is 1 or 2 drinks. wasn't there a report that suggested at time she left she was heavily intoxicated?

MsBetsy likes this.
  13. Hraefn

Hraefn Verified Attorney

14. jULIA_bEE

There have been conflicting reports. Her mom said she sounded intoxicated in an interview. Tony Wade of Cajun Coast SAR was shown the surveillance vid and he stated that she didn’t seem heavily intoxicated.

Choochoobella, ab01, carbuff and 5 others like this.
  15. KEDude

KEDude Well-Known Member

Yes. I had a former roommate in college who (it was thought) was an OD. They found him zipped up in a sleeping bag in Percy Warner Park outside Nashville...Kept quiet because the family was influential.

Traymar, MsBetsy and mom2chloe like this.
  16. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

I would like to know where those men's phones pinged... or if the phones were shut off for a while.
    Apologies if this was discussed in depth previously.

PoppyJune, Hraefn, TimesEight and 2 others like this.
  17. KEDude

KEDude Well-Known Member

It is surmised that the cell phone details are items that only the police know...

18. Kaykayy

Kaykayy Active Member

I’m confused about the surveillance photos of savannah, the man she was holding arms with is also in another one of the photos and it looks like he’s behind her waiting on something as he’s facing the other direction.

frisson, LietKynes and MsBetsy like this.
  19. mtnlites

That wasn't my "theory". It was simply a hypothetical that wasn't specific to her case. As far as the "heavily intoxicated" quote goes, there have been conflicting reports. And yes, I am very well aware that it was 2 in the morning. I have followed this case from the beginning, I live here, and my husband has been participating in the state-sanctioned searches for several weeks now.

20. KEDude

KEDude Well-Known Member

Also in the possession of the local police...who have released only a select few frames for the public....

stephlovescheese and LietKynes like this.