KY KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Jan 8, 2019.

1. mtnlites

mtnlites Scooby Doo Gang Membership Pending

And it doesn't seem like this one has anything to do with the other.

2. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

If you don’t mind me asking, what timeframe are you talking? I am referring to mid 80’s through 92 ish. Also, FWIW; mtnlites response has me thinking that it’s different now especially with people becoming acquainted via Facebook, Instagram and dating sights whereas back in the day, we would just encounter random strangers in the bars or at parties. A vast difference IMO. Scary times for everyone in comparison ugh Even scarier now with the addition of the opioid epidemic and the fact that mere exposure to some of these drugs will kill someone.

Flicka1, Steph8angels and mtnlites like this.
  3. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

Also, back in my day; for whatever reason Thursday nights were big in Richmond. Interesting that these ladies headed to Lexington on a Thursday night but maybe not important...

Flicka1 and rsd1200 like this.
  4. jULIA_bEE

jULIA_bEE Well-Known Member

It’s been about 10 years, so not that long ago. Richmond’s scene may have even been better back then than what it is now. We just really liked Lexington and being near campus. Idk how to explain it- it was just more fun for us at that age. If we really wanted to stay out late, every one would just come to Louisville bc every thing stays open until 4am. We would go out on Thursday nights bc none of us had classes on Friday’s and the area would be crawling with with college kids.

Flicka1, Alcina, Hraefn and 3 others like this.
  5. jULIA_bEE

Most college towns have a decent scene on Thursday nights bc most classes are mon-thurs.

Flicka1, Alcina, Hraefn and 5 others like this.
  6. mtnlites

It would help if we knew Savannah's usual nightlife preference. If she generally preferred Lex over Rich then her going up there that night would be normal for her.

You're basically looking at 3 types of bars now in Rich: the "hipster" type place that draws a lot of musicians and artist types, the kind of bluecollar bars that people often just visit to drink and hang out in, and the ones that are known for their live music. I see the bulk of college-aged kids at Smokin Joes, Players, and the Paddy Wagon.

Flicka1, Alcina, HayLouise and 2 others like this.
  7. mtnlites

And this is where Rich is now lacking. Thurs USED to be our big night because people went home on the weekends. You could barely drive through downtown between 8-1am. That changed when they tore down Buddha Belly, Taylors, and J Sutters. Now our biggest night is Saturday.

One is still able to easily barhop on foot in Lex. Hard to do that in Rich now. Everything is spread out. That could also explain her trip to Lex.

8. rsd1200

rsd1200 Well-Known Member

I think that area should be searched, and between those locks at Old Camp Nelson, and I'd search around High Bridge. Idk if you can still get to them but there's caves in certain parts along the Ky River too (with all the rain they may be submerged now).

Flicka1 likes this.
  9. rsd1200

About an hour or so, SW, from Lancaster (GC).

Flicka1, byo and evelezrn like this.
  10. rsd1200

Personally, I think that it was to meet the other friend, and be able to stay out later, since Lex stays open til 2:30 a.m. Not all bars, but a lot. Richmond would have closed up soon seeing as they left at 10. One other thought, that crossed my mind, is that she may not have wanted to take a chance of a LEO dropping in behind her, in MC, w/a recent dui.

FWIW, I didn't normally hang in the college bars, but Thur. nights were the big nights where I went too. Still are, for some!

Flicka1, Alcina, Hraefn and 2 others like this.
  11. KEDude

KEDude Well-Known Member

Can you see that quarry from the road [39]? I think I can see on Google. Wonder if that water is clear....
    It looks like you have to go past somebody's house and barn to get to it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  12. KEDude

KEDude Well-Known Member

Two items that make it into quarries are stolen cars and bodies....people think they're deep-and most of them are. That quarry in Lancaster off 39 looks interesting. Just separated from the road by a guardrail. You can see the limestone edge on the oppose side of the highway. Check that quarry for her.....I hope she didn't "fall" into it.......

Traymar, Flicka1, Angel33 and 3 others like this.
  13. jULIA_bEE

I agree. I think being able to still walk bar to bar in Lex makes a big difference too. Every thing is kind of concentrated together and it's fairly close to campus and housing. It's similar to how Louisville's downtown or highland's area is. If I went out in Louisville, it was to those two areas because I could go to a bunch of different places and stay out all night.
    I know SS and her friend drove to Lex, and SS lived in Richmond, but has it ever been stated whether the friend lived in Richmond during that time too? There's an article or an interview floating around about how SS had moved back in with her mom about a year ago and she previously lived in Lex, it's possible she just wanted to go back for a visit bc she missed the area. I know she worked out there for a little bit so she probably still has ties out there, They could've also just wanted to go hang out with their friend from Lexington that they met up with that night.

Traymar, Flicka1, Kittybunny and 5 others like this.
  14. rsd1200

@evelezrn I've been looking at her. Oddly enough, SS's twin's, fr. is in her "Friend" list. Probably means very little, but I see some other things that stand out, but are separate from this case, or they could be related, or they're just parts of the six degrees of separation idea at work, that I'm seeing.

Traymar, Flicka1, carbuff and 3 others like this.
  15. rsd1200

No, not really. Used to, yes. However, for those of us who know it's there, possibly doable to get to, but Idk. I kinda doubt it, but it was a fleeting thought when I put the map together. As long as I can remember, that old quarry was absolutely forbidden. It goes straight down, hardly any way to get out (so I was warned). It was the one forbidden place that I actually stayed away from. ;) Terrified me just to pass it.

16. Angel33

Angel33 Member

Thank-you, thats great :) Although I do question the friends reliability given she is currently in Prison? interesting reading people's thoughts and opinions.

17. Angel33

Angel33 Member

The names of two males and search area has been leaked on social media as has the female friend she argued with. There has been some disgusting trolling on her social media accounts :(

Flicka1, Alcina, angelainwi and 3 others like this.
  18. rsd1200

It's sad. I figure they must not feel powerful, in "real life", so they feel powerful by being cruel to families who are in pain, all while hiding behind a screen. People who feel good about themselves don't normally demean others, especially when they are at their most vulnerable.

Flicka1, libraryg and Angel33 like this.
  19. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

Her friend didn't do anything wrong. She doesn't deserve to be trolled. You can look out for your friends when you are out, but you can't put yourself in danger. And a lot of times you can't force some to do something.

20. Angel33

Angel33 Member

Absolutely agree what kind of people do this? It’s awful her friends and family read those comments. I’m suspicious of the people posting under two names, what their motive is. Funny how they like to keep an eye on what people are saying on there in terms of the investigation. Makes you wonder who they really are?